QuiGon

“Pman, Chris, Pete + VEAO team”

Say anything here?

Disappeared?

Any update? Ahahahahah

Far from it, so it would seem:

Ells228: Last Activity: 11-26-2018 06:55 PM

Pman: Last Activity: 11-26-2018 10:28 AM

Seems they are both here but with nothing to say as yet. At least not on this forum.

So how about it gentlemen? Once you have spoken with ED, how about stepping up and addressing the concerns raised by your customers in this thread? Please?

Edited by Phantom453
typo
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say that I am surpised... As many people voiced the writing was already on the wall. I'd like to take this opportunity to express my disappointment with VEAO and tell you outright, this is pathetic. Not that you are quitting, but the way you did it. That is no way to treat any paying customer and your 'statement' is laughably uninformative.

Now let's make something clear good Sir, I/we are your customers, and I/we want to know from YOU what is going to happen with our product, from YOU! I don't think we need to even wait for a statement from ED, since YOU (VEAO!) have not delivered one. And it's not like you didn't know the questions that would be asked now when you posted. Looks like you are trying to weasel out of a clear statement.

1. What are your intentions for the Hawk.

1a. Will you refund us the Hawk?

2. What about the Pre-Orders of the P40?

I bought the Hawk very early and what you delivered so far has not impressed and that is not even taking into account all the issues you were not able to fix for ages.

Anyway on to the topic, I think this poses some very serious questions to ED and about the current and future contracts with 3rd partys:

Let's take the Hawk as an example, and try to imagine the worst case here, they drop all support, run into the sunset 'with all the money', refuse all responsibility etc.

1. Does ED have some kind of fallback in their contracts that would allow them to take over the code/rights to a module? Is this even legally possible?

2. What level measures of protection has ED against possible scammers/people with criminal intent. (Not implying that VEAO is, but for future 'worst case' scenarios... F35 comes to mind!)

3. How does ED intend to protect us and the DCS brand from future 3rd party fails like this?

This with VEAO is a very bad situation, but I honestly think this is a danger to other 3rd partys aswell. Imagine a central/vital member of a team leaving the picture and the team collapsing. (There could be a lot of reasons, death & illness are the most serious and non argueable ones that come to mind, but honestly with human interaction only your imagination is the limit of how bad people can mess up) How do we deal with a module then, or rather, is there a mechanism in place for a total collaps of a team and/or them simply walking away.

Edited by ApoNOOB

@VEAO: I want a refund for the Hawk!

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

Wow did this company sell p-40? when did this happen?

they have to pay it back otherwise you name this act as ...

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Wow did this company sell p-40? when did this happen?

they have to pay it back otherwise you name this act as ...

This happened in 2015, when the P-40 was supposed to be released within two months: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144804

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I am by no means an expert on UK law, but things don't seem to be going too well for Bluesky:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10837965

Judging by this letter, they may already been dissolved as it's been more than two months since it was sent, might just be waiting for the website to update.

VEAO is still running though - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08478742

Actually, come to think of it, is there any way to get my DCS to stop reminding me that i have a module (aka the Hawk) pending installation?
I suppose you could gift it to someone that actually wants it. However in the future the Hawk may be the ultimate prize of any DCS collector.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@VEAO: I want a refund for the Hawk!

Well if you bought via the ED store then raise a ticket with ED. You have no contract of sale with VEAO.

If you bought direct from VEAO then check the posts above and contact them at their registered address.

Good luck!

Some of us can say "I told you so", however let this event be a chance for meditation upon confirmation bias concept for all. Us from sceptics side saw a lot of signs that led us to believe they will never deliver good products if at all, from "cockpit texture gate" which was a classic - first they deny, then they laugh at you, then they fight on forums yelping "m'aide, m'aide dear fanboys and fangirls", then they attempt to correct... 3 times all, fail, all fails trumped as final master pieces only to be amateur/intern rubbish tryouts... to all the other "skirmishes" about bugs and delays (about AFM etc).

For Sceptics should be a meditation point because we kinda enjoy this moment of being this darn right... and I must admit it is kinda wrong... All it needed for VEAO to make us eat our livers and hearts out was to pull the 2 planes off well by just pushing themselves harder and being focused on the product and take any criticism as constructive even the hard to swallow and sometimes unjust ones because they were just pointing to the boundary of fail that clearly they were closer than they wished because nobody that excels gets so much flak from critics and get praises only from the people that just payed and want to be right for their choice. What I mean by last part is that if I manage to convince someone that I am amazing and I know I am not (actually Amazing is another user here... many of you know him well :D) maybe I think I am good but not amazing... and someone comes and trashes me... if I get praises from the first group that I "fooled"... I can say thank you but in my mind I know I should not fool my self... too.

For the fans that payed is a big meditation point because now you can see very well... us being right... that every time VEAO got trashed and the floor moped with it you blindly jumped to their assistance... most of the times without any good counter argument but just good wishes and bad words for the critics... they were to harsh... nasty... etc... missing completely the point they were making. Remember for example when VEAO presented with big emphasis a new (god knows the which one) model for Eurofighter and first or second post was from a quite kind 3d modeler which pointed serious flaws that rendered (sic) the model useless down the road given the high standards are required for DCS and immediately he was trashed by fans and VEAO just flew over bathing in empty praises and argued back that the model was actually well received by some bureaucrat in MoD... this should have rang so bad in your ears but no! you just laughed and enjoyed the supposed victory of debate by VEAO

Now you are without those money just bad taste in your mouth about this... You want to blame someone... you have a cognitive dissonance about it and probably feel bad about the whole charade. Some of the fans got awake down the road and can count less loss.

However... just remember... we the flightsimers from the other side are still your friends or "foes" from this sim... nothing less. Fellows. Chuck this off your shoulders and move on.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Strange that so many people are suprised by the decision of this dev to bail out. Common guys, it was obvious! It was obvious that even a simple module as a hawk was too hard for them... P40 didnt show up after years of promises.

To their defence it is unreasonable to ask for a refund. The money is gone in development spending. Those who pre ordered or bought the Hawk in it is known state can blame only themselves.

Pre purchasing is basically participating in a development that may or may not be fruitfull. It is like an investement in a startup, you become rich, or you may lose every dime you invested. It is up to you to see potential ... or not.

I feel bad that I have "supported" them. I did not fly the Hawk, but I have bought it in hopes that I will support them to make something I will be interested in.

Fool me once...

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

This happened in 2015, when the P-40 was supposed to be released within two months: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144804

what happened after p-40 wasn't released within 2 months.. ermm 2 years.. more than 3 years?

is it that easy? ED should never allow 3rd companies to take money before the module is ready for at least early access

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

what happened after p-40 wasn't released within 2 months.. ermm 2 years.. more than 3 years?

is it that easy? ED should never allow 3rd companies to take money before the module is ready for at least early access

The P40 has nothing to do with ED if it wasn't on sale on the ED store. Anyone who pre-ordered direct from the developer should contact them directly for a refund (contact details are in a previous post).

The P40 has nothing to do with ED if it wasn't on sale on the ED store. Anyone who pre-ordered direct from the developer should contact them directly for a refund (contact details are in a previous post).

They do not allow refunds for pre-sales though.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

They do not allow refunds for pre-sales though.

What they "allow" and what's legal are not necessarily the same thing. It's worth pursuing.

I've had a look at their refund policy via the Wayback Machine. Interesting, and I must say I lol'd. Well, they're a UK company and I'm sure they've given full consideration to the Consumer Rights Act 2015. A contract clause that's heavily weighted against the consumer could be considered invalid and therefore unenforceable. So ... we'll see how this one plays out.

And those that paid by credit card may be able to seek recourse from them (though I think this may be subject to a minimum amount .. maybe €100).

Good luck!

Edited by epoch
correction
Guys, I am about to go to bed, the bad part about being on the West Coast, everyone is ahead of me.

I will say this right now, we are planning on pulling the Hawk from the E-Shop and Steam until we can determine VEAO's intentions towards the support of the Hawk.

Once that is established, we will have a better idea of how the Hawk will fit into the future of DCS World. I would love to give you all more info, but that is all we have right now.

Thanks, and sorry guys.

Refund anybody who purchased it within the last month and include as a free module?

signature.png

You could have gotten a refund if you purchased if from VEAO. If you, like myself, purchased it from ED, they will point you to their policies and that'll be it, no refund.

Perhaps this move by VEAO will change their minds but I doubt it.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

You could have gotten a refund if you purchased if from VEAO. If you, like myself, purchased it from ED, they will point you to their policies and that'll be it, no refund.

Perhaps this move by VEAO will change their minds but I doubt it.

It seems like ED has not been informed and needs to figure out what to do now by themselves. So give them some time to do that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg