Reconaissance mode?

Sharkh

Thanks for your good comments :)

I hope HB will fix the issues we uncovered with the SPA mode.

This counts for me as well. Looking forward to full functionality soon.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 3 months later...

As promised to RagnarDa on Reddit, I've been testing the SPA mode tonight on the stable version (2.5.5.32533). Here's what I found out:

What does work:

A/ The measuring of a target in SPA/MÅL mode.

B/ The transfer of a measured target to the SPA/SKU mode.

C/ The type II fix of a tracked target in SPA/SKU mode.

What doesn't work according to the manual:

D/ RUTA waypoints show up as white "M#" on the destination indicator. Should be displayed as "R#".

Page 254 : "Press the corresponding square waypoint (B1-B9). Check the destination indicator (R1-R9)."

E/ Measured targets show up as white "M#" on the destination indicator. Should be displayed as red "M#".

Page 359: "A measured target is a simple position fix on a contact (indicated by a red M on the destination indicator)."

F/ Switching from SPA/MÅL to SPA/SKU doesn't automatically select a tracked target as the current destination. Should show "S#" on the destination indicator, and should display a circle around the target on the CI.

Page 366: "Mode SPA/SKU is selected, in mode SPA/MÅL and with the data selector in AKT POS, by pressing the waypoint button LS/SKU once. This will result in the either latest selected, measured, or transferred target in the SKU layer being selected as a destination."

G/ The RENSA button never works in SPA mode. The 0 button never works either. Should remove all or part of measured/tracked target fixes.

See pages 369 and 370.

H/ Releasing the fix trigger from TV to T0 after a successful type II fix doesn't change what the datapanel displays (keeps showing bearing and speed of target). Should make the datapanel display longitude/latitude of the target.

Page 368: When the fix trigger is released to T0 after a completed fix, the data indicator’s first 5 digits will alternate between the longitude and latitude [...]

I/ After a successful type II fix, keeping the fix trigger on TV then switching to mode NAV makes the destination indicator display a flashing E. Same behaviour with fix trigger on T1.

No mention in the manual, but this doesn't sound right, does it?

I haven't tested all of Leviathan667's remarks yet.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks for the reports! I am really really sorry I haven’t responded to Leviathans excellent report. I tried the things he mentioned a while back and couldn’t replicate the issues reported and somehow forgot to write back it seems. Will have to recheck based on these new reports.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

• 3 months later...

Tried to use the SPA/MAL and SPA/SKUL and no way to convert to different than white Mnumber, and of course not having the S pressing double in the LS/SKU button.

I thought I was doing something wrong but now I see that is a bug that it has been for long time in the Viggen. A shame that the F14 toke those fixes away for a time and hope they will be fixed in the future, as I see this reconn feature unique in all the rest of the planes and could make a lot of playability in multiplayer or single player missions.

Japo32, here's a track showing recon M fix-taking (visual), transfer to SKU (double press) and a re-fix on the target to get speed and heading. Every time I overfly the ship I press TV. Let me know if it doesnt work for you.

AJS37 Recon demo.trk

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

• 2 weeks later...
Japo32, here's a track showing recon M fix-taking (visual), transfer to SKU (double press) and a re-fix on the target to get speed and heading. Every time I overfly the ship I press TV. Let me know if it doesnt work for you.

Hi RagnarDa,

When I take control of the plane in the replay, I cannot replicate your experiment.

Maybe I am doing something wrong so let me lay down every step I'm going through

In your track/my test flight, the following happens:

1. I take control

2. Switch to SPA (by default, this should be the SPA MAL mode)

3.T1 detent

4. Once above the ship > TV detent

In your track:

4.1. The ship’s coordinates will show up on the data indicator to be replaced a few seconds later by 000000. How do you do it? The manual does not mention any such action.

4.2 After you stabilized the plane, LS then a yellow M1 appears on the destination indicator.How do you do it? The manual does not mention any such action. And is not the M1 indication supposed to be in red?

4.3 I guess this is where you press LS/SKU twice in rapid succession because S1 appears on the destination indicator. The S1 indication seems to be in red.

Back to my test, nothing of the 4.1 to 4.3 steps happen.

5. I press LS/SKU twice in rapid succession to transfer to S1. Nothing happens.

6. I went back to NAV then back to SPA

7. Pressed B1 to select the first SPA fix point

8. Pressed LS/SKU in rapid succession to no perceptible effect.

What's missing here?

I also attached my track file below.

Thank you for your help.

AJS37 Recon LeviathanDemo.trk

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

Looks like the track doesnt show the mouse movement properly I guess but I press 1 on the keypad to select M1 as my destination, and then LS/SKU to transfer that to SKU-layer.

Edit: I've just checked the manual and it looks like this part is omitted in the DCS manual. I'll notify JediTeo.

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, will give it a try, as I never got the recce procedures to work on its day, but will try it again.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...
Looks like the track doesnt show the mouse movement properly I guess but I press 1 on the keypad to select M1 as my destination, and then LS/SKU to transfer that to SKU-layer.

Edit: I've just checked the manual and it looks like this part is omitted in the DCS manual. I'll notify JediTeo.

I am sorry but I tried and it does not work. Maybe a more detailed explanation (step by step, including the most minute detail) would help?

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

To perform a recon fix:

1. Set master mode SPA

2. Set fix-trigger to T1

3. If you want to do a radar-fix, set radar mode A1 else A0

4. If visual fix: overfly target, if radar fix: slew radar cursor over target

5. Press TV when either plane or marker is over target

6. Set fix trigger to T0 after the fix has been performed

To select the target-fix as current waypoint (is required to transfer to SKU-layer)

7. Set data selector to AKTPOS

8. Press "1" on the data-panel keyboard (this step has been omitted in the manual)

To perform a SKU-track

9. After the recon target has been selected as current destination, press LS/SKU twice in less than 0,6 seconds after each other to transfer to SKU-layer

10. Press LS/SKU with AKTPOS still set to enter SKU-mode. S1 should now be selected

11. Wait 3 minutes

12. Perform a fix exactly as before

13. The tracking info (course in degrees, speed in knots) should display on the data-panel.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, never could figure out how it works but now I get some of it haha.

Is it normal for the R-points to be shown as white M points in the destination indicator?

My graphics settings don't show color very well but I think it is:

B = White

S = Red

MI = Yellow for recon target and Red for Attack target

M = white for R corners and center point?

Is this corect or am I missing something?

Also think there is a typo in the manual for manually adding reconnaissance targets.

("Input of measured reconnaissance targets (M1 – M9) is done in the same manner as the

corner points. Enter the coordinates or reference number, and confirm by pressing waypoint

button L/MÅL and then the corresponding number on the data panel (ex: button B2

for M2).")

Waypoints buttons are used for R points but I think you use the data number pad for M and S points.

Edited by Rover

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

Hello, thank you for the explanations.

I finally manage to make recognition with my Viggen.

But, I have a question.

I find my first target and I deduce the information.

But how to memorize the other 8 targets.

When I redo the procedure. Instead of having S2, I always have S1.

Thank you in advance.

• 4 months later...

Sorry, the quote didn't work

It's about the letters,

The R letters aren't display when you're in the SPA mode, it is the letter M.

The letter M for reconnaissance mark are still in white.

In SKU the S Letter aren't flashing as explain in the manual for the différents types modes.

Since my post i've made few recon mission,

I seen other things, I don't know if is it a bug or not :

When I'm in MAL mode I see my ring target in the radar screen, and I can see all my recon target (M) when I press my recon id on the data panel.

But when I am in SKU mode in didn't see anymore the ring target of my traking (S) target.

And when i go back in MAL mode I didn't see anymore the recon target ring. It is pretty annoying when you have few ship in the same sector.

Edited by Windu65

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I find a solution for the color of the letters, I had modified the color in red in the font_ajs37.tga file in

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\resources\IndicationTextures.

0j70.png

I work for the U point and M point.

As you can see the second M is used for reconnaissance target the first is for system target.

I tried it on the S letter but the system use the same letter for t/o airfield LS and the tracking target S1, it use the 4th one. I dont understand why because there is 4 S letters.

I find also that the system use the second M instead of the R letter.

There is maybe a problem of coding in the font_ajs37.txt file.

Edited by Windu65

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]