Clickable Cockpit

Just some quick questions:

Is the F-15 a clickable or basically a keyboard cockpit?

If just keyboard, is there any plan to make this clickable like the rest of the modern A/C.

Thanks

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Sad....as bad as I am in air combat I would have bought this bird just to fly. One of the most successful modern fighters and they let it sit for some reason.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Sad....as bad as I am in air combat I would have bought this bird just to fly. One of the most successful modern fighters and they let it sit for some reason.

Yeah, I would like to get the HiFi 15C so badly too but if you like the Eagle you should definitely try it. Flight model is professional, very powerful aircraft, great campaigns… it gave me hours of fun.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

It's a blast to fly. I certainly wouldn't count it out just because it does not have a clickable cockpit. The flight model is very good and I'm able to map pretty much every button I need for it to my controllers so I hardly even notice the lack of cockpit interaction.

The only thing that bothers me at all about the module is that the MFD is always on the SMS page. I'd really love to see an HSI there with waypoints when in Nav mode, just like how the HDD in the Su-27 switches.

The model viewer has all of the switch animations in it even ones that aren’t used by the game. However the cockpit art definitely needs an update as it’s been around since before edge. Also they never made any training missions for it; unlike the other FC3 jets, (like the Russian ones which we know for a fact will never get an ASM) So that all that tells me they could be waiting to one day create a full module out of it.

I think once the viper and hornet are out of the way they might return to it, Who knows. They are getting much faster at getting aircraft out so maybe it’s not as big as a risk anymore to update it. I could understand them not touching it back when modules took 5+ years to come out, but things have evidently changed. And it’s a pretty iconic jet I’m certain it would sell, especially if the F-15E that’s coming out has the earlier engines.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno man. I need someplace to run when the F18 starts driving me bonkers. I mean, don't you ever get tired of fiddling with that frickin radar?

DCS accommodates different interests. Wanna focus on tactics, F15 or J11 rocks. Wanna fiddle with stuff? Kick Jester out of the RIO seat and knock yourself right on out. Want to do both? Several iconic options to choose from.

The F15-C has a place in history but I don't know that it's a cultural icon in the class of the Flanker, the Phantom or even the Strike Eagle. And I'd love to see high-fidelity modules of each

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

The hands down most effective fighter in the game and arguably the most successful fighter concept of all time is not as iconic as the flanker, an aircraft who to this day still can’t match the eagle in range, speed, firepower, weapon system, radar, ect. Even though it was conceived for that express purpose. I strongly disagree. The F-15 is still in production almost a decade after it’s replacement ended its own procurement, I think that qualifies it as iconic.

It needs an ASM, we can’t let the the turkeys and bugs win every fight.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

• 3 months later...
I didnt know about Razbam bringing out the F15E, i was thinking of getting the new F16 but its not my fav aircraft so i held off buying it. If the F15E comes out then that will be a definite buy.

Any time frame on its release?

Not anytime soon. They're focused on wrapping up the Harrier, Mirage, and MiG-19. They have done a fair amount of the 3d modeling work, though. Afaik nothing much has been said about how far systems have come, and that's the part that's time consuming. I believe one of the hold ups for it, and other aircraft, too, is waiting on ED to finish the modeling for A2G radar (which is obviously a key feature on a dedicated strike aircraft like the F-15E).

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2