VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Fantastic FPS MOD. Flying VR to be meant. Missing shaders is no gamebreaker for me. Since 2.5 VR users struggling with stutters and frames pro second. Looking forward. :thumbup:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Thanks much Kegetys for sharing this mod.

It works great. Just tried it with Hornet in a caucasus SP mission, and it's a big increase in perf while I don't notice any real downgrade in visuals' quality.

I had, with my Rift, to increase Masksize to 0.65 to completely get rid of "borders bug", but that must varie according to user's morphology.

Basically with my settings I went from 1.2 PD / MSAA 2x to 1.7 PD / MSAA 2x, while keeping 45fps with asw 99% of the time. That is not trivial.

The way MSAA is applied everywhere except the borders seems very clever, MSAA being a big performance hitter.

hello,

I'm back on hacking DCS shaders with 3dmigoto : https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases

I can now increase brightness of cockpit parts and mask labels by cockpit frames. I'm still working of a better zoom, but it's harder than with il2 Bos...

Maybe it should be interesting to make your mod in 3dmigoto ?

It does not change DCS files, so no problem with integrity. Do you know this lib ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I noticed that L-39 gunsight is almost 100% transparent. You can see a very slight rim shader around the gunsight position when against clear blue sky or when looking from a side of the gunsight.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You could try that for yourself, surely?

I would say delete the Bazar\shaders\model\functions\glass.hlsl file - or leave the original in there instead.

If still no worky, you probably know the answer :)

Might be nice to get together a list of modules people are having problems with?

I can confirm that this works! I just copied the original glass.hlsl file back into the functions folder. Thanks for that Brixmis.

This mod is pretty amazing! Thanks Kegetys!

Great mod. Key thing is to make sure you have the patience for the first start up. (Takes 5 - 10 minutes to rebuild the shaders).

OP - incredible job, you are a genius!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I tried it but it didn't rebuild the shaders after I removed them, any ideas ?

Without shaders dcs cannot work. What kind of error did you get?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Great mod and must have in the DCS for VR community.

I made it as a gsjme mod and its work just fine :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

For those of you that don't know Kegety's (possible for the young) he's been improving visuals and making tools for well over 14 years for sims such as arma, flashpoint, dangerous waters, driving sims as well as SoftTH which was awesome in it's prime. So in terms of "why cannot ED do it" or other silly comments, you need to realise the man's qualifications first before starting typing. http://www.kegetys.fi

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I am struggling to see a positive difference when using this mod. I really am not being critical as clearly it has made a difference to many people, but flying around the PG map in the Harrier looks worse to me, as the terrain buildings etc. look kind of 2D and flat.

A lot of the settings seem to be switched off, and that detracts from the overall look to me.

What am I missing? What differences should I be seeing?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I am struggling to see a positive difference when using this mod. I really am not being critical as clearly it has made a difference to many people, but flying around the PG map in the Harrier looks worse to me, as the terrain buildings etc. look kind of 2D and flat.

A lot of the settings seem to be switched off, and that detracts from the overall look to me.

What am I missing? What differences should I be seeing?

In VR there is a huge FPS boost for me. The stutters are gone for me.

Harrier in PG map before. stutters and 30 fps.

AFTER installing the mod and follow ALL the things in the README!

Harrier in PG map after. no stutters and 45 fps.

Fisheye in VR and missing some shaders. No gamebreaking! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

In VR there is a huge FPS boost for me. The stutters are gone for me.

Harrier in PG map before. stutters and 30 fps.

AFTER installing the mod and follow ALL the things in the README!

Harrier in PG map after. no stutters and 45 fps.

Fisheye in VR and missing some shaders. No gamebreaking! :D

OK, thanks. I didn't have any of those issues anyway, so maybe that's why I'm not seeing any improvement. With much more demanding settings, I get 45 solid, no stuttering in PG.

I'm glad it's making a difference to a lot of people though.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

unfortunately I recieve an error in the startup of DCS.

Saying that unrecognized token in ResolveDepth.fx -> disableAlphaBlend.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Demon

I've got the same issue upon startup:

Shader "bazar/shaders/deferred/ResolveDepth.fx" failed to compile. Reason:

warning X4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47 D:\...\bazar\shaders\deferred\ResolveDepth.fx{89,17-33}:Unrecognized token disableAlphaBlend

Am running an AMD Vega 64 on the current 18.6.1 drivers version if that is any help?

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

I can confirm that this works! I just copied the original glass.hlsl file back into the functions folder. Thanks for that Brixmis.

This mod is pretty amazing! Thanks Kegetys!

Yep, after copying back the original glass.hlsl it worked, HUGE boost! Thnx!

[ i7 8700K@5Ghz (LC) - GTX 1080 TI (LC) - 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 - Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 - Samsung 970 PRO NVME SSD - LG 34" Ultra Wide - HTC Vive - Virpil MongoosT-50/WarBRD Base ]

Without shaders dcs cannot work. What kind of error did you get?

It would load, but takes forever every time I load it, I looked in the shader folders and they never rebuilt , I backed the files up and put them back, I got the glass error a couple of people are talking about.

Hawkeye

VF-213 CO

VCVW-11

http://www.vcvw-11.com

Heatblur F-14 SME

OR users must use the different size MASK

Glass error fix for people (I loaded a very large mission, so no idea what is needing it)

Shaders take an age to rebuild, you can watch it in realtime in the dcs.log.

It worked well for me I got a bunch more detail out of it and could turn MSAA on again with still an improvement.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

OR users must use the different size MASK

Glass error fix for people (I loaded a very large mission, so no idea what is needing it)

Shaders take an age to rebuild, you can watch it in realtime in the dcs.log.

It worked well for me I got a bunch more detail out of it and could turn MSAA on again with still an improvement.

I use the rift and have no problems with the size mask. :D

Any 1080ti users see a big difference with this hack? Already getting 45/90 fps but was wondering if this makes the experience even better.

Identical system than yours and yes, I get better performance. I push the PD to 1.6-1.7 and every frame count.

I didn't see any FPS boost at all. Still running from 20-45 and anything in between.

I did check that the new files are there and did rename terrain metacaches folders.

Run with PD 1.2 and same graphic setup as OP.

And what is strange is that that there is no new files in terrains metacache. I even tried to remove the old folder. And can load and fly missions. Shouldn't it generate new files in the Mods\terrains\???\misc\metacache\dcs folders?

Edit: well it did something. Now I can go to PD 1.5 without any loss in FPS

Edited by GVO