JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

From what has been released in terms of info and in-game demos, I trust Deka much more than other third parties in releasing a good product.

For once it's not all flashy trailers (cool, but useless at actually demoing what the module is) and stupid hype trains. They're showing they can do a good job at simulating a module (ground radar, MITL CK missile, FCS/FM demos) rather than a good job at making videos and choosing the right image filter and music.

+1 :thumbup:

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

I'm suprised by how many people are ready to throw money at a prduct we know almost nothing about :huh:

Lets put it this way: throwing money at products that we supposedly new "lots" about and were supposed to be high quality made absolutely no difference in quality mind you...

Save for maybe Heatblurs ASJ 37, there is no 100% satisfactory and complete module up to date after the A-10.. maybe....

So what could one more disappointment do to us, at least we get a new toy! ;)

Besides Deka already gave us the J-11 and the Chinese asset pack for free.. name any other 3rd party developer that matches that....

P.S. not to mention a few complete fiascos with absolutely grate videos and comunication and hype...

Edited by Baco

What I know and what I've seen so far is enough for me. Also it's only money, so I don't care overly much.

Same with me - and considering how inexpensive DCS modules are compared to the other aspects of our hobby, it's a nobrainer.

The fact that it's a 4th gen fighter is even more enticing and seals the deal. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Is it too early to board the October hype train? My wallet is armed and waiting for deka to begin lasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

From what has been released in terms of info and in-game demos, I trust Deka much more than other third parties in releasing a good product.

For once it's not all flashy trailers (cool, but useless at actually demoing what the module is) and stupid hype trains. They're showing they can do a good job at simulating a module (ground radar, MITL CK missile, FCS/FM demos) rather than a good job at making videos and choosing the right image filter and music.

Damn right, i recall one of the first things they showed were the EFM of all things, which is one of the things that most 3rd partys seems to neglect

Why the distrust? Because we know so little? BST did the exact same thing in the day. ED will test the module to make sure it is up to DCS standards, and if its not, it wont be released. From what the little info we've seen, Im sure its a better module then this one bi plane some company did. And if you still dont trust them, let other people who do want to throw money at them regardless, test it out first and see if its any good. I will sure as hell buy this instantly and give it a go.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Damn right, i recall one of the first things they showed were the EFM of all things, which is one of the things that most 3rd partys seems to neglect
basically everything they showed was about EFM and ASM development. Including bits like ground radar and how the EFM works, including what happens if the Fly-by-wire augmentations are deactivated one by one. Love them for this. I do not doubt them to be capable to make a nice 3D-Model and Cockpit, but the inner workings of the EFM and systems are much more intriguing, than some shiny renders of a 3D-Model.

I have great confidence in the Deka Ironworks team to deliver a cool plane, and meet the goal of modeling it to highest standards...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Why the distrust? Because we know so little? BST did the exact same thing in the day. ED will test the module to make sure it is up to DCS standards, and if its not, it wont be released. From what the little info we've seen, Im sure its a better module then this one bi plane some company did. And if you still dont trust them, let other people who do want to throw money at them regardless, test it out first and see if its any good. I will sure as hell buy this instantly and give it a go.

The only thing I don't trust is the wishful thin-inking here that its gonna be a oct 1st or whatever release date. :music_whistling:

Also, I'll be super happy if I'm wrong on that...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Looks pretty awesome...

EDIT not so much the WIP textures, but the systems and MFDs. :)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I dont really understand the "cant be realistic because new" arguments made here.

- we have active service aircraft with 201x systems

- it is an export aircraft, nothing super secret

- we dont know any bts stuff

Also when the expected standard is the hornet that currently can make 30g turns in DCS no problem, without taking damage or have external loads falling of.... uh boy what a wild ride, esp. when shouting realsim and simulation at the same time.

I dont get it tbh.

I look forward to this module and the "almost finished" understanding or early access compared to the "just started lol" some other devs, including ED, have, is a huge plus in my book.

I dont really understand the "cant be realistic because new" arguments made here.

- we have active service aircraft with 201x systems

- it is an export aircraft, nothing super secret

- we dont know any bts stuff

Also when the expected standard is the hornet that currently can make 30g turns in DCS no problem, without taking damage or have external loads falling of.... uh boy what a wild ride, esp. when shouting realsim and simulation at the same time.

I dont get it tbh.

I look forward to this module and the "almost finished" understanding or early access compared to the "just started lol" some other devs, including ED, have, is a huge plus in my book.

I'm quietly optimistic on the JF17, but honestly we have nothing to really go by from Deka, this is their first real full-fi module. I think people are kidding themselves about an Oct 1 release as well.

Release wise, it could go like the HB F14, which I think is everyones hope: i.e. a mostly done plane with fully functional weapons and systems mainly needing some tweaking and bug fixes.

OR

It could be like the "released complete" Razbam Mig19 fiasco, complete with totally wonky FM, and half finished pit and other issues when released.

A big plus in my book is that it looks like systems wise it will be at least equal to the current state of the hornet or maybe better since it looks like there is some sort of ground radar included. It will likely be above and beyond the F16 when released into EA at least weapons/systems wise.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I wonder about few things:

- With most sensor and weapons complete, what will be missed out for EA release?

- Does EA release date depend on cockpit completion? Some knobs, I believe, were placeholders.

- Apart from Pakistan Myanmar and China, will we get any fictional skins? Like, for instance, Aggressor Squadron, or fictional Russian skin sort of stuff.

- As far as I know, JF-17 of Pakistani Air force is able to carry US missiles (AIM-120 and AIM-9). Will the JF-17 in DCS be able to carry them as well?

Thank you in advance for any answers.

- With most sensor and weapons complete, what will be missed out for EA release?

- Does EA release date depend on cockpit completion? Some knobs, I believe, were placeholders.

- Apart from Pakistan Myanmar and China, will we get any fictional skins? Like, for instance, Aggressor Squadron, or fictional Russian skin sort of stuff.

- As far as I know, JF-17 of Pakistani Air force is able to carry US missiles (AIM-120 and AIM-9). Will the JF-17 in DCS be able to carry them as well?

1. Details, and more details

2. yes, good news is we can shoot more bugs in this period of time

3. if we have time

4. not confirmed by our SMEs, it's safe to support SD-10/PL-5 only so far

That's wrong, the fact that PAF has US missiles in its inventory doesn't mean they have the permission to integrate them in a indigenous development

I think where that stipulates from is that the JF-17 was designed with an open architecture to be able to support Aim-9/120/etc. Its weapon systems architecture was designed in a specific way it could pick them up (and others) to allow effective use of other weapons in the future for any variety of reasons. And therefore people assume that it should carry them only because its, design wise, potentially possible. Also, there is no telling if the D/L or radar of the aircraft can communicate with those specific missiles.

There is also a variety of reasons why they wouldn't work and not necessarily on the JF-17's end. Aim-120s can't just be put on any plane, their IDs are country bound, amognst various other bounds, to stop them from being exported because they would essentially be useless as they wouldn't work on just any aircraft (of the ones that can use them already).

Someone wrote a good write-up on the above ^ previously, if I could find who I will more than provide a link.

Also, Deka may prove me wrong on the above, thats just whats stated on public sources so there is always a degree of inaccuracy.

Im sure it’s similar reason as why it doesn’t have PL-8. PL-5 is what Pakistan has and has had integrated into the system. Fancy data bus still needs code to accept a weapon. I think it’s interesting that we are not getting every weapon Pakistan uses on the JF-17, but we are getting every Chinese weapon even if Pakistan doesn’t use it. For example I think Pakistan uses Thales Damocles instead of WMD-7, MAR-1 instead of LD-10, REK on Mk 80/GBU series rather than LS-6, Durandal, C-800 series versus the ALCM. Sure I’m missing things or have stuff wrong, just think it’s interesting.

Can’t wait to read the manual!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Im sure it’s similar reason as why it doesn’t have PL-8. PL-5 is what Pakistan has and has had integrated into the system. Fancy data bus still needs code to accept a weapon. I think it’s interesting that we are not getting every weapon Pakistan uses on the JF-17, but we are getting every Chinese weapon even if Pakistan doesn’t use it. For example I think Pakistan uses Thales Damocles instead of WMD-7, MAR-1 instead of LD-10, REK on Mk 80/GBU series rather than LS-6, Durandal, C-800 series versus the ALCM. Sure I’m missing things or have stuff wrong, just think it’s interesting.

Can’t wait to read the manual!

There are 2 very simple reasons:

1) these Made In China weapons stay with JF-17 in most air shows

2) we can get these informations much easier

If we have to do guess work, we prefer the less guess work solutions.

As early as 2017, DIS began to consider different coatings in different countries. Here are some of the original paints

https://m.weibo.cn/3293088907/4129436427609347A

A8A7F9A2-D74F-4605-BD2B-89CAA81CB790.thumb.jpeg.1a6888e79c768eebe0ff14f4b657e398.jpeg

D053BD31-D5EA-4FC0-9137-A705A71C6231.thumb.jpeg.6efe28ad874a2366a3e975c58c19c0e0.jpeg

D6CD3BC2-EFD0-41C0-A3C7-5C9E1962E7DB.thumb.jpeg.446513d0d986456a84ae3b6a6645d6b5.jpeg

Need a little "Sales pitch"?

Shagrat

As early as 2017, DIS began to consider different coatings in different countries. Here are some of the original paints

https://m.weibo.cn/3293088907/4129436427609347A

They look absolutely amazing, and yes, that is exactly what I had in mind :).

I hope these skins will eventually be implemented into the module.

Edit:

Actually, I have another question. This time regarding payload:

Will there be a dual rail available for SD-10 missiles? If so, will it be possible to carry a total of four of such rails on pylons 6,4,3 and 2, or just two on outer pylons of the wings (6 and 2), as the provided picture suggests. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190320/794ce3d2e613ee82ca6b0be422aeec63.jpg

As always, thank you in advance for any answer.

Edited by Sartori86