DCS World 1.2.1, Now Available

Wags

Agh. I was hoping they had completely rewritten the smoke shader with more realistic propagation.

Well...this is a good start. I was kinda disappointed a little bit by the water in the screenshot. I was hoping for different water animation/surface effects depending on weather.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to a computer malfunction in the last month I lost 3 activations. What to do to not lose another?

You could manually deactivate each module. Otherwise, if you install and run the sim, you will lose activations (at least until Nate gets ED to fix it).

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Am I the only one who can't seem to find the backup folder generated by the autoupdater? It should just be in the DCS world directory, right?

If you have a clean install with no mods then a backup file will not be generated after update.

I have 64bit OS and most programs 64 were installed in Program Files(86) by default.

Then they were 32bit applications you installed.

Program Files(86) is the default location for 32bit apps on a 64bit OS.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Then they were 32bit applications you installed.

Program Files(86) is the default location for 32bit apps on a 64bit OS.

Thank you.

How would that effect the operation of DCS in Program Files(86), any ideas?

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

Thank you.

How would that effect the operation of DCS in Program Files(86), any ideas?

Theoretically it shouldn't matter where you install it, it's simply the default location where programs go.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

You could manually deactivate each module. Otherwise, if you install and run the sim, you will lose activations (at least until Nate gets ED to fix it).

Thank you. In that case, do not install anything new before the ED fix this.

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

Programs and Folders opened and executed from within <Root>/Program Files (x86)/.. are limited to 32-bit execution and 32-Bit memory addresses access.

So Running DCSW from within that folder would limit the simulation to using only 4GB of total Memory Addresses.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thought the 86 folder was the 64 bit...

86 stands for x86/IA-32 processor architecture, which is in turn is 32bit only. You should install 64bit apps in Program Files and "legacy" 32bit apps to Program Files(86).

Edited by Simas
  • Like 1

or save your self any trouble and install in C:\games\DCS :)

Thanks for the new update, shame we have to do a full reinstall though.

I also wonder what the significance of this "Auto updater" will be when a lot of the time for most problems, the fix given by ED often goes like this:

User: I have problem x

ED: Did you install the patch or full version?

User: Patch

ED: Reinstall the full version

I saw the above so often I stopped even bothering with patches.

So are ED now happy that their patches will be just as stable as when you do a full install?

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

What concerns me is I realize (in the link provided) how things are suppose to work, the fact is they don't work that way. I had to buy a new copy of BS1 because of the activation server not adding an activation once you've used them all. I wrote in to support with no response after 2 months on the issue, once I did buy a unneeded (supposedly) 2nd copy it took another trouble ticket to get my new serial numbers for the new copy of BS, which took another month to get something I paid for (twice) to work correctly.

I can imagine what other users have had to go through with the present serial number allocation system. The fact that people are saying it's no big deal that the updated product has used yet another serial number is nonsensical, why would any user be asked to deal with a flaw when it was made abundantly clear that you would not need to use another activation.

I have a ticket in right now (submitted a month ago with no action) in relation to buying p-51, all i wanna do is buy the game and the website won't keep me logged in to checkout.

Just tried the auto updater with mods installed, and the backup folder worked like a charm. :)

If you have a clean install with no mods then a backup file will not be generated after update.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Some issues with new version.

In Su-25T and Ka-50 the buildings are seeing black at distance using the Shkval. It seems a LOD problem. When you fly near ( less than 1000 meters ) the texture changes and the buildings are right again inside Shkval screen.

FPS are now half the rate than before. Previous version, 45-50 solid FPS. Now with the same settings, clean install, 25 FPS. When i turn on Shkval, MFD or ABRISS map, i´ve got even less FPS. This is insane ¡¡

Stuttering every where. I´ve never had problems with stutter, now are very noticeable and bothering.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

In Su-25T and Ka-50 the buildings are seeing black at distance using the Shkval. It seems a LOD problem. When you fly near ( less than 1000 meters ) the texture changes and the buildings are right again inside Shkval screen.

If i alt-tab out of the game whilst it's running and then alt-tab back in i also have black buildings along with a shimmering horizon

However providing i don't alt-tab it's fine.

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

finally installed :)

however I am having issues with the mouse pointer, I can not use it in game and can not even exit the game as the pointer does not seem to function. anyone else ?

Un-tick the "Disable Aero Interface" box in the options menu.

Either that or you can alt-tab out of the game whilst it running ----- but beware of those black buildings !!!!....

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

A question for beta testers..

First of all, thank you for all the work you are doing.

I have never complained about the performance of this product. Although many complaints, I have always had a good overall performance, Thanks also to the high hardware I have always tried to have.

But I have to remark, the difference in performance with the 1.2.1 is really disturbing and FPS have dropped considerably in this release.

My question is: You as beta testers, you had not noticed the difference? , It is a problem that is aware?, Is thought to solve?

Known issue?

Thanks!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

My question is: You as beta testers, you had not noticed the difference? , It is a problem that is aware?, Is thought to solve?

Known issue?

Thanks!!!

Known issue and yes, it's been worked on.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Downloaded everything, uninstalled all DCS products, deleted saved games and manually deleted some

DCS maps that were left over from uninstalling.

Problem is i had to activate all three DCS modules again!!!

This should not have happened!.

Did i do something wrong?

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Sure, after this update.

I have made a backup of my saved games folder so as I don't have to re-calibrate my controls for the A-10C and P-51.

Which file holds these controls so I can just swap it out after the new install?

C:\Users\<USER NAME>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

Note that old config files contain some incompatibilities also, so if you run into issues this will be the first place to look.

Nate