Win10 Creator Update + Game Mode = USB Target issues?

Ever since I updated my Win10 to the Creator Edition, when I run Target with my WH, MFDs and Rudder, one or more USB controllers will get dropped from the script and the script will stop.

I have spoken to TM and they are working on this issue. I have also tried various suggestion found on this forum with no joy.

Tonight I was reading about Game mode and began to wonder if turning on Game Mode for particular games may have some relation to the dropping of USB controllers in Target. Most likely not, but I thought if anyone has any comment on this, please do so.

Has anyone found an improvement in DCS using Game Mode??

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I use GameMode with DCS but I dont use Target for anything else but controlling the Throttle's LED state, not for scripting.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

According to Wags, Game Mode is not a good idea if you want to run DCS 2.1 open alpha (Nevada/Normandy) and use VR.

I've read of other "problems" with certain games that do not work well with "game mode", so you may test it, but if you encounter issues, they may be related to game mode.

The root cause, is the instability of a Windows System that gets a new version with all the new bugs and problems every few months. Hooray for Windows-as-a-service... :music_whistling:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188117

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

According to Wags, Game Mode is not a good idea if you want to run DCS 2.1 open alpha (Nevada/Normandy) and use VR.

I've read of other "problems" with certain games that do not work well with "game mode", so you may test it, but if you encounter issues, they may be related to game mode.

The root cause, is the instability of a Windows System that gets a new version with all the new bugs and problems every few months. Hooray for Windows-as-a-service... :music_whistling:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188117

Afaik the reason why GM is not good for VR is because the focus then remains on the game exe and VR workload becomes secondary or even less important, which then has dramatic effects on timing/syncing between the two.

I use Game Mode in DCS ( out of curiosity, the way I am ) and I must say, it does neither harm nor help in such an extend that I could tell it. Call it PLACEBO GAME MODE maybe.

This might be totally different with other games !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Apparently I have been running in Game Mode since getting the Creators Update about 2-3 weeks ago and was not aware. Went into settings and found it , disabling all game mode settings, hoping it might help my VR performance in Normandy.

Did not make any difference for me, performance still the same ( low ) as I was getting prior to disabling Game Mode.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|