[DCSW: Mi-8MTV2] English Cockpit Mod

Not working for me. I make a copy of MI8MTV-STND-TEXTURES.zip, set it up in JSGME, paste in the replacement textures, and boom! black cockpit with no textures. Of note, the file I'm downloading is 14.8MB, not 15.2. Am I getting the wrong file somehow?

Seems to be the right file and it worked for me at the first try.

Are you sure the new files are really correctly in the .zip file? What zip-tool did you use?

Devrim, outstanding work! Just beautiful. Since buying Mi-8 on Friday, I'd gotten used to the Russian text and had been learning it 'native', and was OK with that ... but having just tried your English cockpit, wow, I'm definitely sticking with this version. Really nice job, thank you so much!

I am 100% happy with the cockpit as it is right now ... but if you're looking for any suggestions, the ONLY thing I'd like to see different is the small number of switches that are for specific named systems: for example, instead of 'Audio Warn' have VK-53 -- might feel just a bit more authentic that way. But it's a very minor issue.

Seems to be the right file and it worked for me at the first try.

Are you sure the new files are really correctly in the .zip file? What zip-tool did you use?

Windows explorer. 7zip refuses to add files to the textures zip; it says, "operation not supported".

Not working for me. I make a copy of MI8MTV-STND-TEXTURES.zip, set it up in JSGME, paste in the replacement textures, and boom! black cockpit with no textures.

I had the same problem and solved it this way: instead of trying to put the new textures files into the default zip file, instead unzip the default zip to a folder in the \Textures\ folder and then paste the new files into it. DCS will see the unzipped folder and use those files rather than the zipped files.

Works great. I see no errors but I know almost nothing in Russian :). But the red lights work... they shine.

I installed it as a JSMGE mod.

For people with problems. You don't need to make folders with textures unzipped etc. Why complicate?

Create in _Mods folder from DCS World a folder named as you wish to name the mod for Mi-8 cockpit translation.

Then inside you need to crate the exact path of folders to the original texture archive. Which is this:

\Mods\aircrafts\Mi-8MTV2\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures

for example this is my path:

D:\DCS World\_Mods\Cockpit Translation on Mi-8MTV2 by Devrim\Mods\aircrafts\Mi-8MTV2\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures

inside the last folder "Textures" copy the original archive MI8MTV-STND-TEXTURES.zip from

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Mi-8MTV2\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\

In the copied archive place the textures from Devrim archive. Obviously with ovewrite.

Then install the mod.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

For people with problems. You don't need to make folders with textures unzipped etc. Why complicate?

In the copied archive place the textures from Devrim archive. Obviously with ovewrite.

Agreed that this would be the easiest method, but as I and seikdel discovered, for whatever reason, the new files refused to copy over the old files inside the zip. I tried many different methods to do that, and it just never worked. So, as a backup method, unzipping the files into a folder works too.

Thank you guys. I'm happy to see that it's worth to do this mod and people are using it.

Thank you.

link dead 4 me
I checked again. The link seems working. What error do you get?

...for example, instead of 'Audio Warn' have VK-53 -- might feel just a bit more authentic that way. But it's a very minor issue.
I see. Actually I thought about it. For example, "KO-50" instead of "Combust Heater" or "Transponder" instead of "6201" and etc. But I think this way is more understandable seeing the device name and know what we're enabling or using... I don't know they may be changed...

Not working for me. I make a copy of MI8MTV-STND-TEXTURES.zip, set it up in JSGME, paste in the replacement textures, and boom! black cockpit with no textures. Of note, the file I'm downloading is 14.8MB, not 15.2. Am I getting the wrong file somehow?
I zipped just the files I edited. May be I should have uploaded all cockpit files together. But I thought, in this way we had %50 less traffic in internet.

Doing these things (installing mods) manual is the best way to management and trace what I'm doing and I have done. I've never used JSGME. So, I'm sorry I hardly get what the problem is. Thanks for friends helping.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Agreed that this would be the easiest method, but as I and seikdel discovered, for whatever reason, the new files refused to copy over the old files inside the zip. I tried many different methods to do that, and it just never worked. So, as a backup method, unzipping the files into a folder works too.

This exactly. Also, thanks GregP, I'll give it a shot =)

Much wanted and appreciated

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Thanks a million Devrim, bloody great work mate.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I zipped just the files I edited. May be I should have uploaded all cockpit files together. But I thought, in this way we had %50 less traffic in internet.

Doing these things (installing mods) manual is the best way to management and trace what I'm doing and I have done. I've never used JSGME. So, I'm sorry I hardly get what the problem is. Thanks for friends helping.

Yeah, I've never had a problem with your other mods. Sadly, this one just does not want to work correctly. Would you mind terribly uploading the entire cockpit zip so I can try that? Thanks =)

Edit: The new zip you PMed me worked great! Thanks so much!

Edited by seikdel

Thank you guys, thanks for words and reps. :)

Alfredo; I'm sorry to hear that, it must be server I think. it's interesting.

But luckily, it's nice you to get the mod. Thanks. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Windows explorer. 7zip refuses to add files to the textures zip; it says, "operation not supported".
Probably it's Internet Explorer. It may rename the name of it. The file must be "zip", not "7zip".

And you should extract first in anywhere. Then drag and drop DDS files in to texture zip. Never mind, I sent you another link.

:cheer3nc::notworthy::cheer3nc::notworthy: HELLO DEAR DEVRIM :notworthy::cheer3nc::notworthy::cheer3nc:
Hi Olivier. :)

Thanks for the gift. :) Take care yourself.

Probably it's Internet Explorer. It may rename the name of it. The file must be "zip", not "7zip".

And you should extract first in anywhere. Then drag and drop DDS files in to texture zip. Never mind, I sent you another link.

Works perfectly! Thanks so much!

Great Mod ! Thanks

Some people were having trouble copying the mod files into the Zip in the ......Textures directory. Sorry if I'm repeating info others may have already posted

My usual routine is to Move the folder I want to work with to the Desktop. Then it's easy to copy and modify files etc without interference from the security around Program Folders. When done I just move the folder back to it's home in the original Programs Folder

And on a related note, the text on my panels is a bit fuzzy compared to the screen shots at the front of this thread. My Russian text was too for that matter. Screen res is set to my max of 1920 x 1080 on a 24" LCD. Is there something else I should be setting or should I expect fuzzy cockpit text on this screen