DCS F-35A

Wags

Lets see some of those 3DSMAX renderings that he mentioned, then decide on the validity to support the KickStarter program for this specific project.

There may be full textures and mesh model and everything and all the tools, but most of it is in the coding/testing and the support of the developer.

I do see ED's support being mentioned, so I'm going to change my attitude from highly pessimistic to somewhat hopeful. :)

We do need to see some pictures larger than 100x100 pixels.

Please, render a couple and show us to keep the dream alive.

Thanks.

RAH-66 Comanche would be a great addition with stealth in order to get closer to launch against TORs, OSAs, BUKs, etc.

Everything has been declassified about that helicopter.

My first computer and my ED collection:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I won FC1 in the original Lock On Tournament in 2005:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=8805

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;1788677']Lets see some of those 3DSMAX renderings that he mentioned, then decide on the validity to support the KickStarter program for this specific project.

I agree Scorpion that is would be nice to see some images of the aircraft in the DCS world. One of the reason I aided the MIG-21 project was because he has images/video of the aircraft in the DCS world. Afterall, anyone can draw a plane....but putting it into our world is the hard part.

I'm still optomistic and hopefull that they will succeed.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Tip for the Kinney make a small charge to participate in alpha that the best way to get rid of haters who always goanna hate. And get real feed back from people that do care and will help you with improving your product

Good idea! I like this. :thumbup:

Yes, we are so excited by the opportunity the DCS has given us. We want to, in the future, build Taiwan and the coast of China. We are also looking forward to building a WWII game in the Pacific. F4U & Zero would be our first aircraft. I do believe its smart to build in pairs. Every David needs a Goliath...

wonderful, finally someone realizes benefits of releasing modules in pairs - you can come up with an X-wing if you bring the Tie fighter too

or a Fokker DR1 Triplane & a Spad - and everybody will like it, does not matter how nicely fit that pair of modules in DCSW (or not) coz everyone will get his opponent

and finally: new Map(s) - Thank You My Lord :worthy: :)

by the way: RAH-66 Comanche very welcomed too :bounce: - and if you need a Comanche Expert you need to contact with Shein :thumbsup:

http://forum.lockon.ru/member.php?u=87801

sign-pic4.jpg

Sorry, but can't believe any F-35 module should be able to bear the tag DCS.

If it wasn't for the fact that it simply can't be done, then it would be for the fact that it's impossible for anyone but the DEV's to verify it's accuracy.

And don't forget, to get the DCS tag. not only the aircraft needs to be modeled right.

Also it's weapons.

Highly skeptical on this one. And i hope it will be rebranded to something else than "DCS".

Funny enough, when people here where asking for ED to model things like F-35, F-22 and PAK-FA the response of ED (moderators) was that's its not possible..........

And now, all of a sudden............ you catch my drift.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Good news about the Corsair and Zero - though maybe not so good news for the Zero pilot as even the A6M5 Type 0 Model 52 which was the best model was outclassed by the Corsair. The Ki-84 would probably be a better head-to-head match-up but maybe doesn't have the same magic Zero name to help with sales.

• ED Team

A few comments after skimming this thread:

1- More so than ever, we carefully vet a third party developer that we partner with. We do not provide an official DCS development license lightly. Both myself and our studio director had long discussions with KI and we both believe that they are up to the task given their past experience, staff skill set, data / SME access, finances and professionalism. Over the years we have been approached by many "scammers", KI is certainly not one of them.

2- While we do not expect the F-35 systems to be 100% accurate, we don't expect them to be. I'm sorry to break the news, but several of the A-10C systems are missing and a few more I had to redesign due to sensitivity issues. However, we believe (like the A-10C), KI can provide a close proximity to the real aircraft to the "DCS level". I think many of you would be surprised just how much open source data there is on the F-35.

3- Rather than rush to judgement now, how about letting KI prove or disprove our confidence in them? As I like to say, the proof will be in the pudding.

Matt

• Like 2

Many of you must not be old enough to have had the pleasure of letting your mind fill in for all the gaps in realism when playing legacy games (which were just as fun). How many hours did I play MicroProse F-19 Stealth Fighter. Or EF2K, EECH, or Total Air War. All with proxy avionics that with highly speculative functionality. Who cares if they have to WAG a bit on F-35 systems..? Can't you suspend your disbelief for a few hours to play a game? Me - I hope they come out with something like a Lite and Pro version or something that will go the distance toward ultimate realism.

Looking forward to this. As a techie/button pusher fanatic...this looks awesome.

BeachAV8R

Edited by BeachAV8R
  • Like 1

Yes, we are so excited by the opportunity the DCS has given us. We want to, in the future, build Taiwan and the coast of China. We are also looking forward to building a WWII game in the Pacific. F4U & Zero would be our first aircraft. I do believe its smart to build in pairs. Every David needs a Goliath...

A little question, WW2 environment can be your Teather or Taiwan / China coast can be them?

From DCS's success, I think that 100% realism is working out pretty well. Make a product people like and it will sell.

DCS hasn't released a 100% realistic product that I know of. You name which one that is..?

I'm sorry to break the news, but several of the A-10C systems are missing and a few more I had to redesign due to sensitivity issues. However, we believe (like the A-10C), KI can provide a close proximity to the real aircraft to the "DCS level".

:music_whistling:

I'm interested to know how they will handle things like the synthetic aperture display and features that might not be so easy like that. I have always thought the F-15E and Super Hornet would be a challenge to program/model..but the F-35A seems to be right up there. Not going to be easy...but I am excited an enthusiastic team wants to take it on..!

BeachAV8R

Edited by BeachAV8R

No, I'd say those parts are rather easy for a simulation. It's 'arcade mode on'. You don't need image recognition algorithms or tracking or stitching algorithms in the sim, since the sim already knows everything that's going on in it - you cheat by reading the object's parameters ... so where a real radar has to do the funky chicken dance to create you a SAR map, the sim can pull up a pre-made radar texture.

Same thing with DAS tracking who's on your side and who's not: It just looks up the object's coalition attribute. And there you go, you've simulated image recognition, aircraft recognition, IFF, off-board-data sources and other fun things all in one go without the effort :)

The hard part is simulation the limitations of the hardware. In terms of the F-35, a computer does things for you, showing you results. It's easier to simulate this than something that's more involved and requiring pilot input.

I'm interested to know how they will handle things like the synthetic aperture display and features that might not be so easy like that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda