Triple monitor stand.

Hi guys, I'm toying with finally upgrading my current triple monitor setup, like an idiot I purchased monitors without VESA mounts, so currently using the monitors built in single stands and they are raised on several VHS video boxes. While it's a cheap and dirty solution it kinda works, but sadly means I have a number of very large Beazles in the way and despite being all the same model, each stand fits slightly different which means it's impossible to line the screens up.

Anyway I'm looking at replacing the current monitors with 3 x Ultrasharp U2414H's and with the vast amount of monitor stands out there, wondering if there are any you guys would specifically recommend. Want to pretty much make this my last monitor upgrade for a good while due to the cost involved.

Monitors will be desk mounted on a corner desk. ( wife has the other half. )

Any recommendations?

Current setup, you can see the vid boxes in the background.

image_2.jpg

Cowboy10uk

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

What are your thoughts on a curved UltraWide? I guess it would be a downgrade in terms of FOV and display area but you don't have to worry about stands and bezels :)

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

I've thought about it, but it would mean reduced resolution obviously. Can't really comment until I've seen DCS running on one. I know when I've read about them before here, it seems to be a 50/50 split whether or not they are worth the reduced Rez. Certainly with the monitors I'm looking at the bezels are pretty much none existent.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Plywood is your friend.......

Yes but DIY isn't. ;)

Wife won't even allow me to make flat pack furniture. ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What are your thoughts on a curved UltraWide? I guess it would be a downgrade in terms of FOV and display area but you don't have to worry about stands and bezels :)

No, it isn't a downgrade in FOV or display area.

You just get the sides extended.

Example

I have seen this posted a couple times in this forum now, and you aren't losing any vertical FOV at all and you get increased horizontal. That is the entire point of 21:9 vs 16:9.

Another example.

Unless a game doesn't support a 21:9 resolution (typically 3440x1440), the image isn't streteched or distorted. You just seem more horizontally.

EDIT: Unless you are comparing it directly to Triple Monitors, of course :) Then yes, Ultrawide isn't as wide.

Edited by Mage

Books made me smile... :)

Like Rangi said... a saw, some 3/4 inch plywood, a 2x4 and some wood screws. I had to whip up some stands to get my PLPL monitor setup all in one place. Here is a horrible picture of the setup.

picture.php?albumid=254&pictureid=8648

You can make some low center of gravity L stands to replace those books (I don't use any VESA mounts). My setup is based on a computer kiosk I was given long ago. I made notches to hold the center 32" HDTV. The side monitors are on the L bracket stands. I think you can see a bit of it on the left side. Just engineer your design to keep COG low as possible.

I plan to de-bezel the 3 PLP monitors and that will help a lot. I just de-bezeled my 27 in monitor for my gauges and it was not too hard to do.

Best of luck with your setup.

Oh, please hope and pray someone updates SoftTH!!

No, it isn't a downgrade in FOV or display area.

You just get the sides extended.

...(snip)...

EDIT: Unless you are comparing it directly to Triple Monitors, of course :) Then yes, Ultrawide isn't as wide.

Yes Mage, as Cowboy10uk currently has Triple Monitors I was actually comparing Ultrawide to that setup; sorry, should have made that clearer!

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Monitor Stand

I recently built a custom machine and used a

VIVO Quad LCD Monitor Heavy Duty Desk Mount 3 + 1 Stand / Holds Four Screens up to 27" (STAND-V004Y)

I like the construction(quality), the cable management and height adjustments... I'd recommend it to anyone mounting 3 monitors. I have 3 Dell S2716DG screens on the mount and may add a 4th at the top. :thumbup: