RS Mapper Release

Avantar

I appreciate the help. Thank you for very much for taking time out of your day for this. It's really a fantastic product.

Hi again.

I've read F/A-18C NATOPS, pre-release manual and some other material and was not able to find any reference saying the master mode switch needs to be pressed for certain amount of time to work. I also checked F/A-18C on my machine and if I press A/A mode ('2' key) using the keyboard it switches to AA instantly. When I call if from joystick button (not toggle switch) it is as you say - only continuous work. Also, the key settings page in DCS registers input correctly, only for some reason in cockpit action does not occur. I think there might be some lag due to complexity of the cockpit and hence the message is either lost or not registers timely. Since the command is triggered correctly from RS Mapper and even shows OK on the settings page I am at a loss how to fix it. I will try to engage the tech support to understand this behavior but I would not count on much. For now I will list this as a "known limitation" of the RS Mapper.

Avantar

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perfect! Thank you again for looking into this for me. I'm still using RSMapper over TARGET. I really appreciate your communication. Still one hell of a program. Great Job, again! I look forward to your next release!! Take care!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Hi Avantar,

I'm Having issues getting buttons to be read by DCS.

The letter im expecting appear when i test in a text file, press/long press/release all work. but i cant get DCS to see them.

I give "landing light off" a specific keyboard "Q" this works when i hit the Q key, but not when i release the switch with Q set on release

i feel like im missing something blindingly obvious....but cant see it

profile is saved

RSMapper is running

but still no joy in game

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Hi Avantar,

i feel like im missing something blindingly obvious....but cant see it

profile is saved

RSMapper is running

but still no joy in game

Ok, let's try to solve it.

can you send me the .RSMapper file you are using, also - which plane you are trying to use?

Avantar

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interested

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Ok, let's try to solve it.

can you send me the .RSMapper file you are using, also - which plane you are trying to use?

Avantar

FA-18C. it could not be a simpler test file.

I've attached the RSMapper file, changed the extension to .txt to attach

Thanks!

SMK_FA-18C - Copy.txt

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

• 4 weeks later...

.....bump :pilotfly:

Very clever piece of software sir. I will look forward to playing around with it!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Are you by chance coming out with a new version? Any chance of seeing sequence options? I REALLY love this software.. I use the crap out of it. Being able to bind a sequence would be phenomenal!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

• 1 month later...

I am trying to do a simple command and am having issues. I just want button 5 on my joystick to use the Enter key and hold it until I press the button again. However, when I look at the Select triggered Action screen, the NUMPAD Enter is in the two middle boxes and not the ENTER key. No matter how many times I change it back, it keeps replacing the ENTER key with the NUMPAD Enter key. Why?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I am trying to do a simple command and am having issues. I just want button 5 on my joystick to use the Enter key and hold it until I press the button again. However, when I look at the Select triggered Action screen, the NUMPAD Enter is in the two middle boxes and not the ENTER key. No matter how many times I change it back, it keeps replacing the ENTER key with the NUMPAD Enter key. Why?

This may me a bug in the software, let me confirm that. On some keyboards keys were switched. I will try to dig depeer into that. Can you try and allocate NUMPAD enter instead? will it show regular enter key?

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Avantar

I get Numpad Enter either way.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Avantar

The latest release of the OpenBeta for the F18 did not fix the slew issue so I was wondering how you were doing on my numpad issue?

"AGM-65F axis slew for the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle mini-stick is a hardware issue that we cannot resolve due to the same switch being used for two actions at the same time. We are investigating an option to allow slew without TDC press." ALSO "AGM-65F axis slew for the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle mini-stick is a hardware issue that we cannot resolve due to the same switch being used for two actions at the same time. We are investigating an option to allow slew without TDC press."

Edited by sobe
ADDED ALSO SENTENCE

• 2 weeks later...

Will try to fix it over the weekend. Stay tuned.

EDIT:

That was a quick fix, missed one comparison in code. New version 0.45 is already released.

Edited by Avantar
New release

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your effort to bring such nice stuff to DCS.

I was wondering if this stuff can be used with VIRPIL products ?

Thank you !

I am almost certain it can - as long as a device uses DirectX it should be visible within RS Mapper. I do not know Virpil equipment though, so I cannot test it directly.

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

First of all, thank you for your effort to bring such nice stuff to DCS.

I was wondering if this stuff can be used with VIRPIL products ?

Thank you !

Yes it works with Virpil - I have the throttle.

Thanks Avantar for making this software - solves my toggle switch problem!

I was searching a way to make my toggle switches on/off on mmjoy do two things.I am waiting forward to try it!!!!I saw the video it seems to be easy to programm it and I can not believe it!!!Is there any restriction how many Arduino devices it can recognize?I have one Arduino with mmjoy2 with 120 buttons.It will recognize them all?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was searching a way to make my toggle switches on/off on mmjoy do two things.I am waiting forward to try it!!!!I saw the video it seems to be easy to programm it and I can not believe it!!!Is there any restriction how many Arduino devices it can recognize?I have one Arduino with mmjoy2 with 120 buttons.It will recognize them all?

I believe so. It recognizes every device that I have plugged in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Avantar, I stumbled about your tool because of

, where he refers to your thread here in the Forums and goes a bit into detail (considerably crediting your work on that awesome tool). I was immediately impressed. I understand your software a bit like the Saitek Programming Software where I was able to assign functions to each single button on several profiles, which I´m extremly missing for my HOTAS Warthog. The Target Software is powerull but useless for DCS imho. I´m keen to test your software. Thanks for sharing.
Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Thank you MemphisBelle for the like and subscribe! I appreciate it!

@Avantar - If, I missed anything or if you would like me to demo new functionality let me know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Avantar - If, I missed anything or if you would like me to demo new functionality let me know.

Does it also count if I want you to demonstrate those functions? :D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I tryed it on the on/off switches working perfect and so easy to be done.Excellent work sir!!!!

Just one thing to be noticed.On heuy on the main fuel panel.For example you have the switch at On position but when you drop in at the cockpit the switch will be at the OFF position.So everytime you drop in on aircraft the really switch with the switch on the cockpit must be at the same position.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]