Reset SPI

jepessen

Hi.

I'm able to make a SPI with the slew HOTAS commands, and positioning it. But what I can do if I want to delete it and reset the slew so the point will be at initial position in the HUD? sometime I lost the target and I want to reset it, and and I don't know how I can do...

China aft short, page 92. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 3 weeks later...

some corrections are needed (I think):

1.: u always have an spi... u CANNOT delete it BUT u can "slew" it back to steerpoint or do this(reset) with "TMS aft long" ... that would be the default position of the SPI on steerpoint

2.What EtherealN meant: "China Hat back short" centers(initial position) ur "SENSOR-cursors" (HUD,TAD,Mav or TGP) ..now: if ur SPI is set with the TGP for example, It travels WITH the TGPmarker(green diamond) to the centerposition of the TGP! so you do not move the SPI - instead u move ur TGP. :smartass:

This is a flightexperience... im not claiming to be a sensorprofessional :P

explanation: Chinahat aft short: Slew sensor to default position

Chinahat aft LONG: Slew ALL to Steerpoint ;-) ... in this case the SPI will come to Steerpoint cause the SPI is ALWAYS on a sensor (if not on Steerpoint)

Edited by Schnarre [Aggro]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

• 4 years later...

Yeah believe I'm a little mixed up on my procedure too. Do you guys reset your SPI after each bomb drop or just slew onto a new target than drop, or do you have to set a new SPI for each. My thinking is probably the latter as somthing goes amok in either my drop. Seems like my initial drop can hit bulls on, but than after that switching to another target I always miss.

Check lower left corner on the HUD to see what is the current SPI generator. If it says TGP then your current SPI is where the TGP is looking right now and it is continously updated. This means that when you slew your TGP around then the SPI will update continiously thus you do not need to go TMS up long everytime you are on a new target.

So lets say you have four tanks and 4xGBU12. You set TGP as SOI then TMS up long to set it as SPI generator. Then you slew TGp to the first tanks, tip in, pickle, laser, tank destroyed.

Slew TGP to next tank, tip in pickle, laser, tank destroyed.

Now if you set HUD as SOI and slew TDC onto third tank you are not going to hit because the TGP was still set as SPI generator.

I always verify before tipping in what my current SPI generator is by looking in the lower left corner of the HUD.

Cheers

Hans

It's easy to get confused, well I have found that I get confused. I spent about 3 failed runs last night because I was using the TDC on the hud to pick out the group of targets and I was getting lost in the TGP. However my TGP didn't seem to want to slew to SPI.

I was using China AFT long instead of forward, reseting SPI to steerpoint. It's easily done. Took me a while to reset out of blondeness and realise my mistake.

Another technique which can be very handy and will help address the above ... once you find the target, mark point it. Switch to "MARK" on the CDU selector knob and switch steerpoint to the new mark point either with the steerpoint rocker switch or the DMS up/down with HUD SOI. This way china hat aft slews the SPI into the target area anyway. Then again, that is probably worse as you will think you have a good SPI, but it will probably not be what you expect, even though it's in the right area. Assuming you look at the TGP you will realise and it's only a short slew and TMS up long to fix it.

Was just starting to mess with mark points a month ago than had to restore my pc, I had all my controls set right the way that I'm familar with(Hotas wise) from my previous install but this time the controls were differnt so I had to go thru an sort em out an such. I always for some reason forget that the hud is default SPI. thanx for the tips.