February monthly update? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-02-2019, 10:31 PM   #1
Cytt0rak

Default February monthly update?

Will we get more info about future of old releases?
Cytt0rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:40 AM   #2
Cornelius

Thread will be deleted by =DECOY=
Reason: 1.10 Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner.

you guys carry things too far
Old 03-03-2019, 05:16 PM   #3
Harlikwin

Nothing on their youtube channel yet.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:50 PM   #4
33-DFTC

Meh ... It's now official, no update for February.
33-DFTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:14 PM   #5
Jester986

Sounds like they're planning to enjoy that March one though lol.
Jester986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:00 PM   #6
bkthunder

Well, I mean, no point making a video if there is nothing to talk about... Nothing has been happening except the release of the MiG-19, which is covered in enough videos I think.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:25 AM   #7
33-DFTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkthunder View Post
Well, I mean, no point making a video if there is nothing to talk about... Nothing has been happening except the release of the MiG-19, which is covered in enough videos I think.
Yeah sure, but since the November update we only had a 12 minutes video update and won't have one until April 2019 at best. At this point Razbam should rename the video series and avoid to use a "monthly update" reference.

Razbam has currently 16 people working on different projects and each aircraft released has its own coder according to Decoy. If that so how have we seen so little functionnal updates on the Mirage systems (don't know the Harrier status) in the last few months ? We supported Razbam by purchasing one or various modules, I think we deserve a little more than a 12 minutes video update in four months.

I want to believe™ the team has put some heavy work on the Mirage since October/November 2018 and this is exactly what I was expecting to aknowledge on this January/February update. They let us down, once more.
33-DFTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:15 PM   #8
bkthunder

16 people, lol.
I personally don't think we deserve a video, we didn't pay for "monthly" updates.
We paid for a high fidelity module for a high fidelity flight sim. We didn't get it, and for some reason common business to customer good practices don't seem to apply here.

So, pretend you lost your wallet and stick to 3rd parties with a better track record from now on (if you can find any).
Posting, complaining, reporting bugs and such will at best give you nothing, and at worst grant you a deleted thread/post or get you banned. Don't bother. There's a forum chock-full of bug reports, enough to keep any 16-people team busy for a while.

My real gripe is that legendary airframes (such as the Harrier and MiG-21) are never gonna be faithfully represented in DCS, because licenses have been "spent" with 3rd parties who bit far more than they could chew.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:19 PM   #9
=DECOY=

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33-DFTC View Post
Yeah sure, but since the November update we only had a 12 minutes video update and won't have one until April 2019 at best. At this point Razbam should rename the video series and avoid to use a "monthly update" reference.

Razbam has currently 16 people working on different projects and each aircraft released has its own coder according to Decoy. If that so how have we seen so little functionnal updates on the Mirage systems (don't know the Harrier status) in the last few months ? We supported Razbam by purchasing one or various modules, I think we deserve a little more than a 12 minutes video update in four months.

I want to believe™ the team has put some heavy work on the Mirage since October/November 2018 and this is exactly what I was expecting to aknowledge on this January/February update. They let us down, once more.

Hi, just to Clarify i NEVER said each module has its own coder so please refrain from inaccurate facts

This month has been extremely busy for me, with personal aspects effecting the ability to make the video, the videos are something i decided to do to give the community an insight into the Razbam Team, however i will do so without pressure from the community or they will simply stop.

Razbam Community Manager
i7-7700K oc at 5Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32GB DDR4 Ram | Warthog & Saitek Peddles | CV1
Razbam Website | Facebook Page | Offical Razbam YouTube Channel

=DECOY= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:58 PM   #10
bkthunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by =DECOY= View Post

This month has been extremely busy for me, with personal aspects effecting the ability to make the video, the videos are something i decided to do to give the community an insight into the Razbam Team, however i will do so without pressure from the community or they will simply stop.

That's understandable. IMO the videos are really not all that necesary, a well kept changelog and list of missing / planned features would be much better than monthly videos.
Besides, nobody would be desperately waiting for video updates in search for a hope, if they were happy with their purchase. And that's the real point here.
You've been trying to fill the gaps in lieu of Razbams lack of progress (which is commendable) and now the heat is on you, but it really shouldn't...surely not because of video updates