Refueling failure bar KC-135 MPRS - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-24-2019, 02:14 PM   #1
xCorvinuSx

Default Refueling failure bar KC-135 MPRS

GREETINGS TEAM RAZBAM

I have noticed the central bar refueling failure of the kc-135 for the A-10 and F-15, when refueling is requested at kc-135 mprs it does not deploy the central bar but the side basket .. test with the modelviewer and not The animation for the refueling is enabled in comparison with the kc-135 ..

I add captures of the problem

http://ibb.co/5WScVDb

http://ibb.co/dkyfHhm

Last edited by xCorvinuSx; 02-24-2019 at 02:40 PM. Reason: kc-135 mprs
xCorvinuSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #2
Shadow_1stVFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCorvinuSx View Post
GREETINGS TEAM RAZBAM

I have noticed the central bar refueling failure of the kc-135 for the A-10 and F-15, when refueling is requested at kc-135 mprs it does not deploy the central bar but the side basket .. test with the modelviewer and not The animation for the refueling is enabled in comparison with the kc-135 ..

I add captures of the problem

This isn't a bug, it's not going to work. At present you can't use both types of refueling on the tanker

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift
Shadow_1stVFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:45 PM   #3
xCorvinuSx

It is a failure of configuration and animation of the 3d object of the KC-135 MPRS that surely can be solved xD .. since it enters the file .LUA of the MRPS only the side refuellers are enabled and not the central one ..
Old 02-24-2019, 04:19 PM   #4
Captain Orso

It has already been stated in several threads that the KC-135 MPRS will NOT work with the refueling boom in its current iteration, because of limitations presented by ED in the current DCS.

No statement has been made that it will be updated to use the boom any time soon... not even in two weeks

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:15 PM   #5
xCorvinuSx

So would be the correction and taking advantage to have ready the tanker for the module f-16

Old 02-28-2019, 03:07 PM   #6
myHelljumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCorvinuSx View Post
So would be the correction and taking advantage to have ready the tanker for the module f-16

woooot ?

Does the tanker knows what refueling system is needed by the refueling plane ?

Could you post your fix so we could test it ?

VEAF - Virtual European AirForce
http://www.veaf.org/fr/

Helljumper's Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3...UxPbWHvJJ3W2fA
myHelljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:25 PM   #7
xCorvinuSx

To enable the refueling by central bar is necessary the 3d animation of deployment and retraction as it has implemented the kc-135, followed by a 3 slot is enabled in the configuration .lua so that the three refueling ports of kc-135 mprs will work

Old 02-28-2019, 07:29 PM   #8
mithandra

First off. The KC135 in real life is not able to refuel wing pods and boom at the same time as there is a valve which can either be set for wing pods or boom

Secondly the 135 doesn’t have any boom animation on it as we remove that because of the the real life operational limitation. So not sure which model this

Thanks Specter
Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i7 8700k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals

SPECTER
Texture Artist

mithandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:33 PM   #9
xCorvinuSx

I agree with you mithandra... for operational reasons you can not run 3 simultaneous replenishment points but 1 or 2, but the problem that I mention is based on the real-life replenishment in the air MPRS (Multi-Point Refueling System) , are 3 points that are functional for refueling aircraft by basket or bar, my interrogator is that the kc-135 mprs does not the bar to refuel aircraft F-15, A10 and F-16 (NOT FUNCTIONAL BY THE PROBLEMS ABOVE MENTIONED) that's why I'm consulting the developers (RAZBAM) the possibility of fixing that problem and make the central refueling bar functional.

Attachment document mentioning the characteristics and history of the KC-135 MPRS

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a431694.pdf
Old 03-01-2019, 02:18 PM   #10
Sadist_Cain

huh, after a quick skim it does appear to say that the 135 should be able to refuel via drogue and boom in the same mission.

Is the 'mission' the tanker taking off to refuel or is that a 'Sortie' with the 'mission' being the whole party doing 'sorties'?
Quote:
"In military aviation, a sortie is a combat mission of an individual aircraft, starting when the aircraft takes off. For example, one mission involving six aircraft would tally six sorties."
...I think I just gave myself a nosebleed.
Sadist_Cain is offline   Reply With Quote