PLAYSTATION 5 - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #21
Frostie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradader View Post
QUICK QUESTION, WITH THE NEW PLAYSTATION 5 OUT WITH IN ?2020 WITH NEW GEN TEC WILL COULD WE SEE DCS REALISED ON PLAYSTATION.
You made 2 PS5 threads is this because you'd need two PS5s to run DCS?
Frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:01 PM   #22
Coxy_99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
You made 2 PS5 threads is this because you'd need two PS5s to run DCS?
Poor dcs optimisation i think more fps

[100☭] Coxy_99 #99

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A
Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:06 PM   #23
Abburo

Blasphemy !!! )
HW Specs: i7-8700K@5GHz,ASUS Maximus X Hero, 16GB RAM 3000MHz, MSI Nvidia GTX 1080TI watercooled, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Intel M.2 250 GB, VPC Mongoos + Leo Bodnar BU0836(A and X), MFG Crosswind, G13, T650, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift
Abburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:45 AM   #24
Dehuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastyBaiter View Post
If the PS5 has keyboard support, then sure, it could be done. But I can't see how it would be profitable to port it over. The console market is not known for its embrace of simulator type games in general (flying, racing or more realistic shooters such as ArmA).
Given that the PS4 has had keyboard support, not to mention support for any other USB compliant input device (if the game developer supported it) since launch that seems like a safe bet.

Was Gran Turismo not one of the premiere racing sims for a long time?

A MAC port could prove very fruitful. A lot of console owners are also PC owners.

PS plus members get free game trials monthly. A free month of MAC on PS could very well lead to a large influx of new full fidelity DCS players or at least paying MAC on console players.
Dehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:08 AM   #25
1987kess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehuman View Post
Was Gran Turismo not one of the premiere racing sims for a long time?

No, Gran Turismo has never been a sim (maybe its last iteration it's a bit closer to that word...), PC had always the true sim racers, from GTR, F1 Challenge, Live for Speed, NASCAR papyrus series, rFactor,...)

So, as for the question I hope not. It doesn't matter that PS4/5 supports keyboard, DCS with a keyboard it's unplayable (even if I have managed to land with keyboard).

DCS would move away from true sim coming to PS IMO.
1987kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:28 PM   #26
Mr_sukebe

DCS, maybe not.
MACs, now that’s a different matter, and would feel to be a good fit. Would then be a good springboard into DCS
Old 02-18-2019, 12:52 PM   #27
David OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_sukebe View Post
DCS, maybe not.
MACs, now that’s a different matter, and would feel to be a good fit. Would then be a good springboard into DCS

Just not sure it would be worth all that effort $ for ED (MAC / Console VR "Sell point" etc.....?) Would it still be very viable spending / using all those resources for a port.

Stick to what you know and what works for the clients you have now and in the future. If it could be done easy for a quick cash up? Well, sure. You would have to do the numbers and I'm guessing not.

EDIT: unless you can turn it into some kind of DCS MAC/fortnite. Wow that's some $ for a free game lol.

"Superdata estimates that Fortnite Battle Royale beat PUBG in terms of total revenue in February with $126 million compared to PUBG's $103 million"

Fortnite reportedly drew 125 million players in less than a year

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero MB
| ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3466Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | 2 X Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | Fractal Design R5 Case

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides
to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Last edited by David OC; 02-18-2019 at 01:00 PM.
David OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:16 PM   #28
KingGEAR

lol @ this thread
KingGEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:56 PM   #29
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8ke_iis View Post
It's a big sandbox, to each their own and the more the merrier. They should adopt the new MAC series to XBOX and PS5 as a source of revenue and to attract new players. It takes a long time and talented developers that are very scarce and in high demand to develop a full fidelity module. There are a finite amount of weirdos like us who will spend this much time and money flying imaginary airplanes. We're never going to have the same kind of numbers or budgets as GTAV, Assassin's Creed, or one of the trendy shooters or Battle Royale games that change flavor every month.

Consoles are essentially mini PCs that are mass produced. They have been for a couple generations. When new XBOXs and Playstations come out they are faster than a lot of the gaming rigs people have because of how fast this tech moves. Moore's Law is very much a reality as anybody who has tried to sell used computer components knows. Sony and Microsoft are willing to sell the hardware at break even to a loss because they make money on the software. XBOX players can now use a keyboard and mouse as well, FYI. Besides, the USB ports aren't a different special USB only for consoles, they're USB ports.

Did you ever see that movie "The Last Starfighter" back in the day? They need to remake it, besides the amazing state of the art computer graphics that Disney pulled off at the time, Spoiler Alert: A transcendent supraplanetary organization used video games to recruit new star fighter pilots to save the galaxy from the evil Zurg... Or something like that. I just IMDB'd it, it was the evil Xur and the Kodan Armada. Great movie, anyway. We need them to save our Galaxy. A typical teenager or gamer doesn't have thousands of dollars to drop on a gaming rig AND flight sim gear. What if a casual gamer wants to just try DCS without all the expense. There are a couple free modules, but my idea is better. And I'm pretty sure the developers at ED are way ahead of us on this one.

"You know what makes these birds go up? Funding makes these birds go up, No Bucks, No Buck Rogers." ~ The Right Stuff

I agree. FC and MAC would probably be simple enough to work on a console. And next gen hardware like on the PS5 is going to be much better than last gen. Especially when Vulkan gets integrated itl make DCS run even better.

This would be a great way to make more sales, and the people who don't care for MAC/FC arent playing them on PC anyways and can stick to their Full fidelity modules, but MAC does fill the gap between arcade and study sim by being a "light sim". Realistic FM and weapons but simplfied avionics functions to have no clickable cockpits.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Crucial Ballistix DDR4 16gb ram (2400 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 02-18-2019 at 06:58 PM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:14 AM   #30
Hyperion35

Leaving aside the question of console hardware like CPU and GPU and optimization and even the basic difficulties in porting the code over and getting it certified, I still don't think it would be a good idea for basic business issues.

Console games are a very different market and business model. Console games are generally intended to sell a large number of copies relatively quickly, and for this they need to appeal to a large audience. It's fun to joke about Call of Duty and Ace Combat, but those are games that have broad appeal to large numbers of people who just want to have fun and blow stuff up with their friends for 30-90 minutes. A console game that doesn't hit a certain number of sales within the first few months is generally considered a failure and dropped completely.

Flight simulators really are a niche market, and the devs and publishers rely on a "long tail" market model. They're targeting a small group of people, and it is not surprising that the majority of people who own DCS also own the other big name clmbat flight simulators as well, and why there are so few of them available. It's just a smaller market.
Hyperion35 is offline   Reply With Quote