VKB/Heatblur F-14 "Tomcat" grip - POLL

UIV

342 members have voted

1. 1. VKB/Heatblur F-14 "Tomcat" grip - POLL

• Yes
    • No

Just some question before the vote. If you decide to remove the twist for 14 grip, will it be impossible to have the function at all? Do you have a plan to release ‘atachable’ part later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Warthog base... it's just collecting dust....

Yeah same here...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Argh, this partnership was teased over a year ago and it's STILL this far off :cry:

Good things will take time; unless you prefer a vacuform rush job. ;)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Please put a twist on it. :) Lockable for those with pedals. I don't have room for em and really don't want to lose rudder ability on a plane that requires coordinated control inputs as much as the 14 does. Plus some folks physically can't use rudder pedals. Would be great if you could supply all virtual pilots as best as possible.

I vote no twist

So is there a middle option for those who use a Virpil base? I currently use a Warthog grip with a VPC base. That base controller and software CAN detect axes on the grip, so the DLC switch should function normally, provided the mounting hardware is compatible.

It’ll be a day-1 purchase for me, if so

Best question asked in the thread, but I have not seen a response from VKB. Aero, thoughts?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

thoughts?

Whether VPC devices can or cannot work with VKB grips, one should ask VPC.

VPC base controller as we believe only recognizes axes signals sent by VPC grips.

VKB F14 grip will be equipped with Gunfighter compatible electronics capable of working with both buttons and axes.

Whether VKB F14 (Warthog version = buttons only, no axes) will work on VPC base, we have no idea, and explicitly refuse to promise.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Whether VPC devices can or cannot work with VKB grips, one should ask VPC.

VPC base controller as we believe only recognizes axes signals sent by VPC grips.

VKB F14 grip will be equipped with Gunfighter compatible electronics capable of working with both buttons and axes.

Whether VKB F14 (Warthog version = buttons only, no axes) will work on VPC base, we have no idea, and explicitly refuse to promise.

If it works as an axis, then sounds like that's great for us, but if not and it reverts back to a push button, not all is lost their either!

Thanks for the response!

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Gentlemen, I have to re-post this statement, and I will add it as an update to the original post. Sorry for quoting myself :)

Whether VPC bases can or cannot work with VKB grips, one should ask VPC.

Whether VKB F14 (Warthog version = buttons only, no axes) will work on VPC base, we have no idea, and explicitly refuse to promise. We are NOT working, and have NO plans to work to make this possible.

We are not talking about "axes will turn into buttons" here. We are talking about no compatibility at all.

This is not disputable.

In simple words:

Do NOT expect to buy VKB grips with intention to make them work on a VPC base. This will most likely NOT happen.

>

AeroGator

Cool, absolutely no reason to purchase it then. Thanks for the answer, Aero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Gentlemen, I have to re-post this statement, and I will add it as an update to the original post. Sorry for quoting myself :)

Whether VPC bases can or cannot work with VKB grips, one should ask VPC.

Whether VKB F14 (Warthog version = buttons only, no axes) will work on VPC base, we have no idea, and explicitly refuse to promise. We are NOT working, and have NO plans to work to make this possible.

We are not talking about "axes will turn into buttons" here. We are talking about no compatibility at all.

This is not disputable.

In simple words:

Do NOT expect to buy VKB grips with intention to make them work on a VPC base. This will most likely NOT happen.

Now I completely understand that you cannot support or promise that your grip will work with a Virpil Base.

It seems to me that if you make a Warthog compatible version, that would have to present itself like the chained shift registers of the Warthog/Cougar grip.

Thus, it makes sense that a base that is design to work with the Warthog grip would also work with any grip that is designed to work with the Warthog base, of course subject to the same limitations a warthog base would have.

Unless, of course, you are building in a specific function of the grip to detect an attached Virpil grip and then stop working, to force incompatibility by design.

Is this what you are saying, or simply "VKB doesn't support or condone this, but good luck".

I vote no twist, but would like to see a Warthog compatible version.

I would most likely get one of each.

As to the topic within the topic of Virpil compatibility, I can't see any reasonable expectation from VKB to ensure compatibility. The chances are most likely high that it would work, but if it doesn't, they can't be held responsible.

I just ran into this issue while trying to use a new version of the Virpil Mongoose T-50 on a Brunner CLS-E base. The grip didn't work at all, even though I had read in other forums that the older version of the Mongoose T-50 worked fine on the Brunner base. The grip worked fine on other Warthog compatible bases that I own. I ended up getting a used older version of the T-50 grip on eBay, and it worked fine.

All that to say, if a product claims Warthog compatibility, then we can expect just that. Anything else, unless mentioned, is going to be at the risk of the buyer.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

I vote no twist and Warthog compatibility. Personally I'm using an FSSB R3 from Realsimulator but it was designed to use Thrustmaster Cougar or Warthog grips. With a firmware update I would expect it would support this grip.

If they make a TM WH compatible variant, it would work on the base without any firmware updates.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Now I completely understand

Gentlemen, I have already said all there was to say on this topic.

The only fully official and legally binding formula is:

VKB's grips made for Warthog base will work with Warthog base.

If someone looking at the word "warthog" reads it as "virpil", it is his, and only his problem.

Sorry for big font and for being so abrupt, but we consider this case closed, and will not return to any discussion of this particular issue.

>

AeroGator

Please put a twist on it. :) Lockable for those with pedals. I don't have room for em and really don't want to lose rudder ability on a plane that requires coordinated control inputs as much as the 14 does. Plus some folks physically can't use rudder pedals. Would be great if you could supply all virtual pilots as best as possible.

I fully agree with this.

Maybe a Kosmosima grip would be what you need.

1. No twist for me

2. Compatibility with the Warthog base. For the analog wheel you could use a normal encoder bindable as a Up/down increments for the FLCS function

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR