Sukhoi Su-17

Alpenwolf

While id of course push for more modern redfor aircraft like the mig 29 from everything I've read the Russian government won't do anything newer than the mig-23. Because razbam is already making the mla version my next push would be the su-17m4 purely because it would be one of the newest Russian aircraft that we could probably get in full fidelity. It also offers a fairly decent multirole capability. In my opinion it would be a great addition to dcs.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

Just thinks its one of the key aircraft we need for RedFor otherwise its mostly just interceptors.... (In fixed wing) as Russia don't really have any dedicated ground pounders except the su-25. Su-7 would be nice but something more modern first

Please visit this thread and add a plus 1 to show support for getting a full fidelity Su-17/20/22 in game https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220572

Su 17M3 or M4 would fill a huge gap in RU attack planes. It would also fit quite well to already existing as also upcoming maps. I'm sure it would be a hot seller.

Aside of that I think there is quite a big community in DCS which prefers ground attack planes over fighters.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I'd love to see more red air anything. I'd rather a clicky SU-25A, but a SU17M4 is fine by me too.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'd love to see more red air anything. I'd rather a clicky SU-25A, but a SU17M4 is fine by me too.

A clickable Su-25 would be heaven!!! But that doesn't mean, I wouldn't wish for the Su-17 :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

Great videos! Now I'm hyped :cry:

The cockpit is similar to that of the Su-25T. Especially with the Shkval TV and the SPO-15 RWR. Man, I would love to have this module...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Agreed, I would love more complex red air! It also has a lot of gauge community with the MiG-29A, so if it ever gets allowed it would benefit the development there too

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly I would prefer the Su-24, preferably done by Heatblur using their Jester AI. Maybe they would call it Yuri AI :) However since that is highly improbable a Su-17 or a Su-22 would still be highly desireable in my book.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Honestly I would prefer the Su-24, preferably done by Heatblur using their Jester AI. Maybe they would call it Yuri AI :) However since that is highly improbable a Su-17 or a Su-22 would still be highly desireable in my book.

Me too. However I remember some time ago an Su-24 was planned and denied due to restrictions. I can't recall if that it was planned by ED or a 3rd party. I hope it will work out as Wags stated in the latest Alert 5 podcast, that the DCS portfolio of Eastern Block aircraft gets reinforced by 3rd partys since they are not affected by the russian government. However, it will be difficult to get the required data

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Few things I would like to see in DCS for REDFOR:

Su-25 clickable. Even if the A, but if it would be T then nicer. If a SM2, then *drool*.

A Su-17/Su-22 of course a Su-22 moder version would be great.

And primarily a Mig-27.

Su-24

But then again, what aircrafts Soviet Union had otherwise for ground attack?

The Su-17 is IMHO so special kind that it would nicely fit to be first ones to get out. But I don't know would I buy it, as I am just turn away from its looks... Don't know would I ever grow to it like I did with Mig-23. First years I thought that Mig-23 is ugly has what. But today I think it is one of the most beautiful aircrafts. Yet, I have not changed my mind of Su-17 at all.

Off-Topic:

Btw a good point here again about the airfields conditions to on previous hot topics that should an fighter get stuck if their wheel even slips away from the runway:

It was then claimed that the unpaved areas are so soft that fighters gets stuck or damaged etc. Regardless that airfield structural designs were shown, videos about Mig-21, Mig-29, Su-25 etc rolling easily on the unprepared fields etc, and now again Su-22 that was "too heavy for a fighter".

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

as per latet Wag's interview all russian modules are proihibited for them.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black