Recon pod for the L-39?

Stratos

I read our ZA was capable of carrying a 5 camera recon pod, but I cannot found any more info about it. And only a tiny picture here:

L-39_fotokontejner_pfk-5_zpscqxrk43p.jpg

I think the name is PFK-5. And will like to ask If someone has more info of it. And If it will be available on our modules.

Thanks!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I think we should continue that discussion here rather than revive the old thread.

The crux of this in my opinion is having a purpose for the recon pod in DCS.

Being able to relay images and perhaps (if the pod in question has the capability) co-ordinates to ground pounders and maybe update the briefing pages with them could be a game changer.

However in real life I think pods like these had to have the pictures developed first which might take several hours.

So maybe not so useful after all.

Maybe will be enough to have the pod and the panel to activate it, (even better If we can see the recorded pics of course) that would be enough to add another type of mission for the L-39.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

great ideas all around. for developing, lets just call it saved games/dcs open beta/Recon photos

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

However in real life I think pods like these had to have the pictures developed first which might take several hours.

Once the recon aircraft would land, the intelligence people would come and unload the film cassette and quickly take it to development.

The film can be developed almost in any conditions as long you get fairly lighttight space to for development.

Using as example a 120 film, it takes about 15-30 minutes to have first prints made out depending of course the environmental how warm your development liquids are (colder and slower development etc).

So if following a realistic situation, the intelligence people would have prepared the film development and once the film cassette is rushed in, it is ready as prints in 15 minutes to be delivered for strategic officers.

This would open up few kinds missions too.

1) To get the pictures, you need to land that recon aircraft safely to specific airfield. To make it more interesting, the recon pod could be transportable. So if you land on different airfield, a transport truck/helicopter can pick it up and transport to correct place.

2) If recon aircraft is shot down, a recovery mission can be created for helicopters/ground troops to pick up that recon pod and have images that were taken with it.

3) The images would be black and white, actually more likely even IR ones if in low-light so fancy colors. And they would be available to pilots only in the lobby or on given airfield when parked there.

So there could be situations like a recon aircraft flies and captures images and then flies back. There comes a timer of 15 minutes to get images available (timer like reloading missiles to SAM vehicle). And then those are automatically made available to pilots who are parked on that airfield.

So then pilots who lands, or are ready to take off, can check the pictures and prepare better mission.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Amazing pics Finger!! Anyone have pics of the bird carrying the pod?

As far as I know it has never been operationally used or integrated with L39-ZA, it was only tested on the X-11 prototype and it is also not clear if it was integrated/wired. This X-11 with designation OK-HXA was presented with the PFK-5 photo container at Paris Le Bourgett Airshow in 1977. However, it was not the ZA, but ZO aircraft (no GSh-23 cannon). A picture can be found here, but the container is not visible:

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/000481961L.html

Not bad if ED implement them and start a realistic "recon" functionality into DCS: W.

THAT would be good.... infact fantastic.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

msalama, to some functionality work into DCS: W, ED need take some steeps. If a 3rd party build a functionality and only has exclusive to some addons, the simulator can be "fractured".

DCS: W has a extensive "never" implemented types and subtypes operations (Recon, minelaying, naval operations, EW, GCI, etc) . Expected see them in the future with some implementation with ED move alone your large To-Do list.

I'm curious as to what a "realistic recon" function would look like (apart from generating "gun camera" style pictures)?

If you're running "fog of war", doesn't the existence of the recon plane within line-of-sight/sensor already cause the units to show up on the map?

What else could be added?

I have an idea...

what if... playing with F10 menu enemy not visible, of course. But, if you make pictures through F10 menu... you know, we can ad a message, All units that in such moment are in the area (let say 3 by 3 km) depending on the altitude become visible ????

We can make an script or something, heheheh

I have an idea...

what if... playing with F10 menu enemy not visible, of course. But, if you make pictures through F10 menu... you know, we can ad a message, All units that in such moment are in the area (let say 3 by 3 km) depending on the altitude become visible ????

We can make an script or something, heheheh

I don't see idea to make scripts or such to mark enemy to others in map or so. There needs to be something for the pilot as well to be there. So the pilot should be responsible to get pictures and then get out alive.

Now that needs to be done with screenshots and zooming in for max to do it, but that just is like holding camera in any aircraft.

Little niche thing, bout would be nice.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 3 months later...

I have two ideas to make a Kind of recon task for L-39 and for overall aircraft.

1- The only we need is ED make the message text copy capable by window clipboard. If we get this, then we can copy a Web link from mission text message. This http link could be a specific photo store provider in Internet. With specific text info about open access album link. We only need ED allow copy the text messages to window clipboard. We can make some extra things with triggers to provide recon information at mission real time by trigger action text. Sharing information at real time via recon unit screenshot with uploader task to share for the coalition.

Please ED make message text copy capable, just this.

2- make a kind of inbuild image uploader for DCS to whatever image store provider, could be a mod or whatever.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont understand the first part but I fully want the second part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I have two ideas to make a Kind of recon task for L-39 and for overall aircraft.

1- The only we need is ED make the message text copy capable by window clipboard. If we get this, then we can copy a Web link from mission text message. This http link could be a specific photo store provider in Internet. With specific text info about open access album link. We only need ED allow copy the text messages to window clipboard. We can make some extra things with triggers to provide recon information at mission real time by trigger action text. Sharing information at real time via recon unit screenshot with uploader task to share for the coalition.

Please ED make message text copy capable, just this.

Actually is only make the mission text messages copy by Windows clipboard.

The problem there is make a public album with public uploader option. I notice this is not possible.

Just getting a link from text messages help to share Intel media via a public album link made for this specific mission.

But the next problem is make an easy solution for recon players sharing the current screenshots to the others players. The first came to my mind, make the mission chat with a additional option: "line message engaged" by a kind of case mark. This option can't be available for every player, the mission editor should add which unit/player can make a "line message engaged". Then this message line could be visible all the time with a link with media photo storage and additional recon info made by this specific recon player.

2- make a kind of inbuild image uploader for DCS to whatever image store provider, could be a mod or whatever.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]