Mig 29 Navigation with HDD as HUD

Mortifa

Hello,

So I was practising with the Mig-29 and trying to figure out which waypoint I was at and it got really confusing.

Am I missing something?

There is, from what I can see in the documentation, nothing that tells you which waypoint you are at. Do you really have to sort that out by looking at landmarks? Does the display change if the waypoint is behind you?

Thanks,

Fate is inexorable...

Yea. I think something is missing.

Reading up on the Mig 29 I see it shows the distance to the next waypoint and that is it, which really seems odd. There must have been someway to know which waypoint you are heading to. Trying to get back on course after a dogfight would be problematic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fate is inexorable...

Yea. I think something is missing.

Reading up on the Mig 29 I see it shows the distance to the next waypoint and that is it, which really seems odd. There must have been someway to know which waypoint you are heading to. Trying to get back on course after a dogfight would be problematic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation Panel

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Hello,

So I was practising with the Mig-29 and trying to figure out which waypoint I was at and it got really confusing.

Am I missing something?

There is, from what I can see in the documentation, nothing that tells you which waypoint you are at. Do you really have to sort that out by looking at landmarks? Does the display change if the waypoint is behind you?

Thanks,

some additional info:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158228

Yea, those lights would help, big time. As it is right now it is a bit of a guessing game where you are after doing a thing or two at a waypoint.

Having said that I have not, as of yet, explored the kneeboard and perhaps there is something there that would help.

Nice plane though.

Fate is inexorable...

Yea, those lights would help, big time. As it is right now it is a bit of a guessing game where you are after doing a thing or two at a waypoint.

Having said that I have not, as of yet, explored the kneeboard and perhaps there is something there that would help.

Nice plane though.

Kneeboard is a must for so many reasons.

SU-27 and SU-33 both have on their HDD route mapping to runways with waypoints...I realize they are different planes of course.

Today while working on the SU-25T I noticed that the Navigation Hud gives you the waypoint number in the bottom right corner of the screen, could that have been missed when they eliminated the HDD Datalink? Or was it as crude as three lights on a panel?

Edited by Mortifa

Fate is inexorable...

Today while working on the SU-25T I noticed that they Navigation Hud gives you the waypoint number in the bottom right corner of the screen, could that have been missed when they eliminated the HDD Datalink? Or was it as crude as three lights on a panel?

What an amazing observation! I take it very well could be true, based on the GCI data link screen for the MiG (shown below).

gci-scan.gif

It shows the very same number on the bottom right.

In-Game Handle: Lutrafisk

She/Her

What an amazing observation! I take it very well could be true, based on the GCI data link screen for the MiG (shown below).

gci-scan.gif

It shows the very same number on the bottom right.

Well in the combat mode the Weapon is displayed in that location.

Fate is inexorable...

• 2 years later...