DCS - Why it's so great . . . and why its hard as hell to click the Icon to play it! - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 08:06 PM   #31
Quadg

one way to speed up restarts is to watch the track where you died.
use time advance through the start up and take-off.
and then hit exit and press take control.

as long as the track lasts that long before breaking you are golden.

you can even time advance to just before you die if you want to. but more chance of the track doing something odd.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:46 AM   #32
redmantab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadg View Post
one way to speed up restarts is to watch the track where you died.
use time advance through the start up and take-off.
and then hit exit and press take control.

as long as the track lasts that long before breaking you are golden.

you can even time advance to just before you die if you want to. but more chance of the track doing something odd.
1 - If i watch the track where up to where I died, I can just "take over" at that point? Also, it sounds like the tracks only last so long? I sense some sort of hold up on using tracks....as if you guys don't think it will always be a solution. During a campaign, I'd imagine if I loaded a track and took over that it probably wouldn't credit me for completion? I'd need to load the missions up individually?

2 - With that in mind, I can't seem to remember where I find my Mirage 2k Red flag missions to use them individually. Please point me in the right direction?

3 - Perhaps I'd consider, gasp, invincibility. Feels beyond stupid but you have to understand that I'd rather learn systems that I'm spending 45 minutes to "get to" only to check out wihtin 3 minutes...then 45 more minutes to practice them again. I dread using invincibility but may go with it for practice.

Again, this conversation is immensely enjoyable and I sympathize with some of the tougher stances some of you have towards casuals having to use hardcore systems and death giving it some actual meaning. I prefer the same approach to my survival simulators etc. Check out Hunt Showdown....a very enjoyable death is the end experience. In DCS, it just happens to be such a long "cycle" that even though I completely control my schedule...at some point, i need to increase time efficiency. 3 hours of flying to the same spot in a very well made campaign can make it tough to want to play again.
redmantab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:43 PM   #33
Zius

My solution to the lack of time problem is:
1) Choose a simpler aircraft to fly, like the L-39, CC-101, MiG-15 etc.

2) Fly simpler missions, like take-off, destroy target a few miles away and land again at the same aircraft. The mission editor is your friend!
Old 02-11-2019, 04:47 AM   #34
redmantab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zius View Post
My solution to the lack of time problem is:
1) Choose a simpler aircraft to fly, like the L-39, CC-101, MiG-15 etc.

2) Fly simpler missions, like take-off, destroy target a few miles away and land again at the same aircraft. The mission editor is your friend!
Thank you for the reply. Respectfully, neither of those resolves the issue. I'm not going to give up on the Mirage when I've completed the first campaign and half of red flag. Just need some way to speed this up.

As I was trying to find out, would using the track work well? Also, can someone please help me find the Mirage Red Flag missions. Also, I somehow can't find my Red Flag missions anymore. I know that may seem silly...can someone help me know where they are so I can use them individually perhaps? Thank you!
redmantab is offline   Reply With Quote