2013 Virtual Hawgsmoke

Snoopy

Keep it as difficult as it is please!!!

As you said: Else it would be boring!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it as difficult as it is please!!!

It's not difficult, really it isn't. It just takes a bit of practice. :D

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

well i think the ACTUAL delivery is not THAT (its tricky though) difficult but the really hard think is to understand all the TLAs of the SOP for the vHS :music_whistling:

but i train ... we can make it :weight_lift_2:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

;1388770']well i think the ACTUAL delivery is not THAT (its tricky though) difficult but the really hard think is to understand all the TLAs of the SOP for the vHS :music_whistling:

but i train ... we can make it :weight_lift_2:

If there are some specific TLAs/MLAs that are causing confusion please say so and we'll explain them.

It's always a potential problem when you have people of a military background writing documents that you end up with something full of TLAs/MLAs. :D

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It's always a potential problem when you have people of a military background writing documents that you end up with something full of TLAs/MLAs. :D

...not to mention the translation to foreign languages :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

Damn vets ;)

...not to mention the translation to foreign languages :music_whistling:

Unfortunate but unavoidable...if reading English is bad how will in sim communications be?

At 33rd we keep in sim coms in english, too. I am confident that won't be a problem. But reading technical military stuff in a foreign language is more challenging. No worry, we will ask if we find something unintelligible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

The next great thing would be a track of someone really experienced to do the thing, with voiceover... :joystick:

Quite so - in my opinion it should not be viewed as a competition per se, but rather as an invaluable training exercise with a competitive element. In RL, A-10 pilots have the luxury of uniform training prior to competing - In DCS not.

Example tracks will level the playing field and ensure that Pilot Skill alone is the deciding factor. Good idea :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Too bad we trained all the profiles Paul did NOT choose to be part of the competition...

I love 45DB and 45HADB!!! The most fun thing to do with the A-10. Especially vs. Tunguskas!!! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The next great thing would be a track of someone really experienced to do the thing, with voiceover... :joystick:

Not the plan, all methods, altitudes, attack angle, base distance is in the SOP. Waypoints for each delivery are set up to the. Pertect altitude, angle and so on. Really can't make it much "easier."

It's a competition , part of that is can you deliver the weapons correctly in accordance with the sop, which is all based on real hawgsmoke (only real changes are sim limitations).

Quite so - in my opinion it should not be viewed as a competition per se, but rather as an invaluable training exercise with a competitive element. In RL, A-10 pilots have the luxury of uniform training prior to competing - In DCS not.

Example tracks will level the playing field and ensure that Pilot Skill alone is the deciding factor. Good idea :thumbup:

Sorry mate going to have to disagree...the actual competion (and it will stay that) is in may...PLENTY of time to fly the mission and learn the proper delivery methods.

One reason I decided this would be vSquadron only and not individuals is so it was taken seriously and not "COD Hawgsmoke.". If it is to difficult for squads no one is forcing them to participate. Yes, I love the fact that 20 squads showed interest but I would rather have 5 or 10 participate that put in the time to train and learn then 20 that just want to fly however and drop bombs on target.

I've said is already and I'll say it again, sorry if us (the 25th) wanting a realistic competition makes squads remove themselves but it is what it is, a virtual Hawgsmoke as close to what real world does as possible.

Nothing is stopping anyone from putting an event similar but more lax together....

Edited by Snoopy

Too bad we trained all the profiles Paul did NOT choose to be part of the competition...

I love 45DB and 45HADB!!! The most fun thing to do with the A-10. Especially vs. Tunguskas!!! :)

That'd be my fault, I picked the deliveries. Be glad I picked the easier ones to perform. I could have been much more evil. :D

You're quite welcome to provide an example track for each delivery for everyone if you wish. ;)

As Paul says, this is a competition, and all the information you need to carry out each delivery is in the SOP document. Bare in mind, the info you have in the SOP is actually much more than I had when I started to learn this stuff back in my Falcon days, so there should be plenty of data between the SOP, the waypoints in the mission and the pre-set DSMS profiles (which I'd add if we had a DTC system in DCS, each pilot would be making themselves ;)) for individual IPs in each vFS to come up with a training system for their Sqn.

As for uniform training, well, you know what you need to learn, it's written in black and white, just like any training objectives, and you've got 3-4 months to do it. Go! :book: As far as pilot skill alone being the deciding factor, well, it isn't. This is a sqn based team event (just like combat) so the ability of each sqn as a whole is as much a deciding factor as each individual pilot.

But of course, with that said, I will gladly help people out if they are stuck with anything. But don't think you'll be able to get away with doing some of your own research and training. I think it'd be quite unfair to the 25th if I took all the training I'm developing for the sqn and gave it to everyone. More than happy to help any vFS, and I'll pass on any source documents I have that Sqn COs/IPs may want in order to develop their own training program to train their Sqns. But I'm not going to do it for you. ;)

Spoiler

That'd be my fault, I picked the deliveries. Be glad I picked the easier ones to perform. I could have been much more evil. :D

Ooohhhh, I like it evil! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well ok then.

Lets see your wares ole boy..................:joystick:

159th not entering ?? seriously?

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

No Toadie and no Shark available... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah........................................

Why not just get them to do it for you too!

:thumbup:

WTF is this? A flame?

Well thank you my friend, didn't think this would be the tone in which an international event is being arranged...

I asked for tracks just so my squadron could learn...

A little disappointing remark from someone who does tutorials himself... eh?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

WTF is this? A flame?

Well thank you my friend, didn't think this would be the tone in which an international event is being arranged...

Ok, I'm not a mod but I don't want this thread to turn into anything negative.

I'm sorry, I don't have time to make tracks and like I stated everything you need is written in black and white in the SOP and set up for you in the mission.

WTF is this? A flame?

Yeah come on matey, calm down. This is an International event for sure and we all are looking forward to it. Don't misconstrude my comment as a formal response but an observation. If your vfs is unable to engage targets using the methods that should be / dictated as per the event SOP, then perhaps reading the manual, researching and practicing should be your first port of call??

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Ok, I'm not a mod but I don't want this thread to turn into anything negative.

I'm sorry, I don't have time to make tracks and like I stated everything you need is written in black and white in the SOP and set up for you in the mission.

I didn't ask you explicitly to make tracks paulrkii... I asked all contestants that fly the A-10...

JaBoG32_Laud's answer in post #185 is just the kind of thing I was searching for...

...and thank you Laud on that one... :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

I didn't ask you explicitly to make tracks paulrkii... I asked all contestants that fly the A-10...

JaBoG32_Laud's answer in post #185 is just the kind of thing I was searching for...

...and thank you Laud on that one... :thumbup:

We'll you're welcome for all the other hard work I'm putting into this event....wish I had 25 hours and 8 days a week so I could do everything...