UH-1H: Save Hoover dam For Nevada 2.0

alaryk

Hello all

A new mission for Nevada 2.0 : Save Hoover Dam

2 bombs have been discovered at the bottom of the hoover dam barrage.

they can't be defuse there, as the risk is to high for the barrage.

They must be helicoptered to the provisional center for demining.

What you will find:

- a really difficult mission, but it can be done

- A lot of VRS:pilotfly:

- picking up and dropping cargos

- bad, bad weather

- an unpredictable ending

What you will not find:

- long flight time

- Guns

This mission was quite difficult to make. i have spend countless hours of testing, so feel free to report bugs, or anything that goes wrong.:helpsmilie:

and most important : have fun

hooover%20ok_zpsachho8ji.jpg' alt='hooov

(PS:my English,is not my natural language, so feel free to correct me !)

Save hoover dam.miz

Edited by alaryk

I started creating a very similar mission in 1.2 and then 1.5 Beta a couple months ago but ran into some scripting/trigger issues.

My mission takes place at the Ula Sala Dam on the Caucus map (of course).

I look forward to trying your mission out.

I hope your mission will help me figure out what I have done wrong with my mission.

While much of it worked in 1.2.16, many features stopped working in 1.5.

SnowTiger:joystick:

What would it take to convert the mission for the Mi8? Ive got both modules, but recently prefer to fly the Mi8 over the Huey.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Bet you wont with this wind, it would be like flying a barn door:)

Is the Huey better behaved in really windy conditions? Wouldn't the Mi8's greater mass (and engine power) make it a more stable platform in heavy wind?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Generally speaking I would say yes but these winds are above real world minimums.

You can easily try by replacing the uh-1 with mi-8 in ME, mission might bork but see what the HIP handles like:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The MI-8 is nice in high wind or at least I have thought so in the past.

As onlyfordcs mentions; the mass of the chopper and slow reaction works for the pilot... I think.

Have up draughts been introduced with 2.0 or is that a future development?

Looking forward to this mission once I get home on Wednesday.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.