-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

IronJockel

-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-  

160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

This is the server I fly on 90% of the time, and I really love it. There is something very interesting, though. When I fly the F5 I return from every mission with 1-2 kills, bagging 30 before I die once. Feel like the secret son of Maverick and Chuck Norris. But when I fly the MIG-21, I die 5 times before I bag a single F5. Impossible...I fly high, pointing my nose down to see low flying F5s with my radar. I mange to lock them, get in range diving, fire an R3R, but usually I cannot spot them at all, the R3Rs ALWAYS miss, then they get me while I’m trying to regain altitude. I never even see them... No wonder there are usually twice as many blue players as reds...

Thank you for your encouraging words ..:smilewink:

X-Plane 11 Payware :

Aircraft : Boeing 767-300ER, Airbus 319-100, Airbus 350 XWB, Beechcraft King Air 350, Diamond DA-62

Airport : KATL

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the server I fly on 90% of the time, and I really love it. There is something very interesting, though. When I fly the F5 I return from every mission with 1-2 kills, bagging 30 before I die once. Feel like the secret son of Maverick and Chuck Norris. But when I fly the MIG-21, I die 5 times before I bag a single F5. Impossible...I fly high, pointing my nose down to see low flying F5s with my radar. I mange to lock them, get in range diving, fire an R3R, but usually I cannot spot them at all, the R3Rs ALWAYS miss, then they get me while I’m trying to regain altitude. I never even see them... No wonder there are usually twice as many blue players as reds...

The MiG-21's radar is a very old one based on very simple technology. The more clutter you have; such as hills, mountains, trees etc. the harder it is for the radar to declutter and as such it becomes tough to show you some targets. If your target starts flanking or diving losing the lock is very likely. If your target masks itself with the terrain your missile will lose track easily. Speaking of missiles, the R3R's are also very old missiles with limited capabilities. Make sure you fly lower than your bandits. In other words having the sky as a "background" for your radar antenna makes things much better. This is why F-5 players tend to fly so low (damn buggers :smilewink:). Spotting the F-5 is yet another issue. In my opinion - and many players would tell you that - it's the hardest module to spot. It is designed that way, yes, but graphics quality in DCS makes it even unrealisticly harder to spot. Not to mention the agility of the MiG-21. It's a flying rocket and any sudden pulls on your stick may cause trouble.

Now that sounds like the MiG-21 is not fun to fly, right? Well, it's my favourite module and it's alot of fun! Every kill in that bird is priceless because you know you worked hard for it :pilotfly:

Cheers!

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

From the other post......

I have a suggestion for the Cold war server. Since this is going to be a cold war scenario with multiple countries participating and there is going to be a mix of different countries and planes. Why not add more to the mix for fun. Here's what I mean........

When you create a new mission or if you modify the current one, why not use other countries as well?

For instance, for the F-5E, on the blue side you can use Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Spain, Norway etc. Whereas for the F-5Es on the red side you can add Iran instead of Russia as it's not exactly realistic.

Similar thing can be done for the Mig-21, for the blue side you can add India (with the appropriate paint scheme). Whereas for the red side you can add Iran, China, Insurgents, North Korea and more along with Russia.

This provides more use and variety of those awesome new factions we have plus. It also adds realism and even helps in identifying friendlies from enemies.

However in the case of certain planes like the Mig-21. All the paint schemes are there for all the countries unlike BST neatly arranging it's paint schemes among the countries respectively making them more realistic. So in the case of the Mig-21s, you will have to choose the paint scheme meticulously for each country you set them for.

But I really hope this can happen is it'll be so much fun Really thought it was a great idea for this

17991726_1492055727493650_2677184720060339816_o.jpg?oh=3fd29bd938d6fb189b0dfce69980e819&oe=5999A111

17966685_1492067667492456_319164650721152522_o.jpg?oh=3ef7d3f721228803a20da3598a0caef8&oe=597AC06C

17990227_1492055880826968_8365907815475188644_o.jpg?oh=c3fad9485559b25b5138d33e309583a0&oe=598C8A00

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

If someone wants i can tech trick or two in Mig but only if you know stuff around the plane and the f-5 is your problem not mig itself. I learned my stuff very hard way by starting that mig again and again. In simple terms you only win if u use the more advantages aspects of mig. Speed, r3r and radar. It is good enough u just simply have to back off in time if smth in the attack equation iz wrong. Dont rush listen plan. Attack only one plane at a time. If there is a pair dont go there. If you have asimetrical load dont even bother. Fly high and only. Low flying only in retreat for getting home with fireing flares at 1350km/h. Fly high and tip upside down. Check radar for 2-3 seconds. Find target. Look fhere it goes check awacs. If it is straight on tace r3r manage distance it has to be right. Fire as late as possible! If he goes head on flare in case aim9 comes. If target is locked goes without bothering or not straight at u take r60m but keep radar on track guy, than when u see him good turn off let him think u lost lock and fire heatseeker. And the main thing! If u merge drop everithing y can, if fight comes to 400km/h take take off flaps and you can turn him if no speed lost and no red zones cached in aoa. Dont rush! No more than 4 missioes at a time! If you got one guy fast than u bave chances in some more but dont try to take 3-4. Use fuel wise, preserve, be ready to go home with all afterburner. Use brain tactics and strenght of plane. U only can win if u train. I like this stuff anyone wants to fly on same ish level i would like pairs give alot of tactical advantages. I would like to learn and tech be my guest;)

I was posting from my phone so sry if text isnt the most easy to read;) I would also like to add that those longer engagements with f-5 is soooo much fun, there is a lot more to succeful mission. Mainly fuel, cause that can save you, next is technic of flying itself preserving speed or loosing it where needed! Use aoa guage while rotating with f5 you have to look at aoa as much as f5. And then another think! Learn to use your straight beam lock mode! Map easy buttons to swap between radar modes! It is very useful even for r60, gives distance and frightens enemies. Even if you have for example r60 lock think twice! Will missle hit!? Is distance right? Maybe build speed and do yoyo? Maybe go low in trees! Do not make yourself a superman if you have lock it is not the mission! Mission is to hit the other guy! Ofcours gun is VERY effective! It is powerful, so any hit basicly takes out f-5 . Learn that thing and fire close! I get even kills with guns r3r and r60 infact! Thats because if r60 is used u have already gone in f-5s territory! Remember r60 is rear aspect but r60m all aspect so take those! I think already i told more than i should! But have to say i still mess things up and i am mad that i know i could win but did mistakes. Knowing what to do and doing are different things! And admire those situatins when guy knows his thing and i loose, but thats the beauty of it you always can win just have to learn! But main rule fly for not killing the other guy but fly more not to be killed! Mig has higher power speed you always have time to back off if done in time! But if you feel like rembo, you loose! Just keep practcing not to get killed by plane itself, fuel shortage, flameouts, stalls and only then f5's! If you land back even with 0 kills good job! And last dont fly further than u should if u reached bulls keep high with 85-90 percent power and keep circling, no need to ho what awcs says! Be smart assasin! Further u go less fuel and less chance getting back fast! But i really would like to swap knowladges on matter, so anybody want pair just gimme message, dont by shy! Mig is very versatile and true multirole, just needs knowladge skill and PATIENCE;)

And my biggest respect for those who use som l-39 or hawk or korean planes! I sometimes have hard feelings taking them down cause mig-21 feels like best plane in the world after u try that server with l-39! And as u already know i have another tip! Hit and run with mig-21 u can do it, f-5 nop! And last but not the least protect awacs not your kill ratio;)

From the other post......

IFF would be very difficult in that case!!! These planes have limited radars, especially the MiG-21. teamkills would be all over the place. We have teamkills now anyway. Don't wanna make it worse.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

The mission Phone Booth was launched online for testing. Please post any Feedback to help fix any problems. Tacview files are welcome too.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Oh sry for so many posts, but very good training can be done by yourself guys: in download section there is a mission for mig-21 against four f-15, yes FOUR. basicly 4 mig-21 (one of them U and 4 f-15) And it is doable! ok not the first second third.... but on 100 time you will be succesfull and after some time maybe can pull it of on your first time. Have to say ton of fun u will have after your 100 try where you will be able to seee in far distance a smalll oportunitie in theory to maybe if lucky hit that first f-15!

Some good stuff here, allow me to make it a bit more readable.

If someone wants i can teach trick or two in the MiG but only if you (already) know stuff around the plane and the F-5 is your problem not flying the MiG itself.

I learned my stuff (the) very hard way by starting that MiG again and again.

In simple terms, you only win if you use the more advantageous aspects of the MiG.

Speed, R3R and radar. It is good enough, you just simply have to back off in time if something in the attack equation is wrong.

Don't rush, listen, plan. Attack only one plane at a time.

If there is a pair don't go there.

If you have asymmetrical load don't even bother.

Fly high and only fly low in retreat for getting home, firing flares at 1350km/h.

Fly high and tip upside down, check radar for 2-3 seconds, find target look where it goes, check AWACS.

If it is straight on use R3R, manage distance it has to be right. Fire as late as possible!

If he goes head on flare in case AIM-9 comes.

If target is locked goes without bothering (?) or not straight at you use R-60M but keep radar on to track the guy. When you can clearly see him turn off radar to let him think you lost lock and fire heat-seeker.

And the main thing!

If u merge drop everything you can. If the fight comes down to 400km/h use take off flaps and you can turn with him if not too much speed is lost and AOA is under red.

Don't rush! No more than 4 missiles at a time!

If you get one guy quickly than you have chance to continue for some more but don't try to take 3-4 in a single sortie.

Use fuel wisely, preserve, be ready to go home with all afterburner.

Use your brain, tactics, and strength of the plane.

You can only win if you train.

I like this stuff, if anyone wants to fly on same-ish level i would like to pair up.

Gives a lot of tactical advantages.

I would like to learn and to teach be my guest;)

:smartass:

Yesterday there were chaparral sams on the blue site just east of sukhumi city. At least 2 in different positions. Is that intended by mission design that they are not near the airfield or was that the guy in CA? (They were quite aggressive)

Some good stuff here, allow me to make it a bit more readable.

:smartass:

Yep thnx i could made it more readable just was in a hurry with phone. What i meant about locking target far away is:

1. if it goes straight to you use your r3r, but you have to learn timing, best practice is to shoot two of them in pairs with separation, that way the first missile is fired much further than opponents aim9 so he has to go defensive and will not be able to shoot aim9, but the second one is needed, if the first one misses (it should miss as the distance is high and missile will have no power to track target). As well after two fired r3r you will be right in the merge territory so if you got off your both r3r off the load on wings is equal!

2. If locket target still goes low and does low level manouvers or doesnt even bother about your lock - fly towards it from high above look for it by checking radar lock position and your pipper zoom in your view as soon as you see your contact, you have options depending on situation, but usuually you should at this point turn off you radar and track target with youre eyeballs, if you want silent kill go for r60m, if you got r3r left, take your vertical scan lock (beam mode or how you call that radar mode) And really fast lock and launch missile, usually target will not react fast enough to do anything about it. But this has to be done fast! Hope this time it is more readable! And as usually i have last one comment use youre flares before aim9 is launched it will greatly increase chance of missile not hitting you, just ther matter that flares end fast this way, so it depends in what kind of sh*^t you are. And the last last one, if boogey is on your six with guns and you cannot shake it offand you are slow (400-500km/h) already but not superslow (300km/h), pull stick hard, air brakes out and full flaps out just for brief second then, get back to normal and try not to crash or get engine flameout 4 out of 5 times if f-5 was close enough it will go past you, when it does dont rush in getting your pipper on him, youve just gained advantage, keep manouvaring and you will soon be in position for gun fire. This all has to be done in emergency afterburner mode as far as my knowladge goes, with regular afterburner no significant advantage can be gained in rotating with f-5 but that little extra boost give you that extra that can outmanuver f-5, just make shure you are not full on fuel and your missiles are dropped as well as the fuel tank ofcourse.

Another tip of the day by me :D

Found a bug on Phone Booth.

We liberated Beslan, message comes up informing us we can use the airfield, and keeps on repeating over and over non-stop going from annoying all the way to pulling the game down to 1 fps

Yesterday there were chaparral sams on the blue site just east of sukhumi city. At least 2 in different positions. Is that intended by mission design that they are not near the airfield or was that the guy in CA? (They were quite aggressive)

Must've had been a guy in CA

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Found a bug on Phone Booth.

We liberated Beslan, message comes up informing us we can use the airfield, and keeps on repeating over and over non-stop going from annoying all the way to pulling the game down to 1 fps

Damn! Thanks for that info... Anything else?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

This wee guy is a legend! go AI go!!

Think it will most likely have been Mr Dackster moving him :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This wee guy is a legend! go AI go!!

Think it will most likely have been Mr Dackster moving him

I think it was "grizzly" killing all those poor t72 ;)

Just flew the new mission on blue side and followed a 21 in and out of the clouds. That was amazing. Didn't get him in the end. The weather settings are really nice.

With the mixed targets you don't end up in one big furball over sukhumi but also don't need to fly 10 min to the playground. Nice!

No F10 map my icon ? :helpsmilie:

Edited by Mira73

X-Plane 11 Payware :

Aircraft : Boeing 767-300ER, Airbus 319-100, Airbus 350 XWB, Beechcraft King Air 350, Diamond DA-62

Airport : KATL

I kinda like it like that...just saying

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift