T-38 Helmet cam, full comms.

Just came across this 'little' gem.

- Interesting that they cant find/spot each other for the first 10-15 min.

Ever wonder what a full military fighter jet flight is like - no music, no video cuts, full comms (cockpit intercom and airtraffic)? Holloman AFB White Sands Missile Range. Mission: 46th Test Group? Circa 1993 At the time F-117 Stealth (black cockroaches) were stationed there. AMRAAM dry fire test run flight (Unclass), Targets were flying QF-106 drones I believe. Chase plane (helmet cam cockpit view) AT-38B Smurfjet ;),Callsign Dobby1. F-15E (Amraam carrier) Callsign Eagle13 (with Edwards tailsign). Flight Time: ca 60:00m. F-15E join up appx 15:30m.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Better write that aircraft up in the Tech Log- "Model visibility setting too low!" :music_whistling:

Great vid, thanks for posting.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seeing things in the skies can be much trickier than one would imagine.

Well, a video from a crappy head cam with crappy autofocus, compressed down, and watched on a not-so-perfect computer screen can hardly be measured up to actual human eye. That said, I had only one chance to try it in real life so far, and despite I knew from ATC comms where to look for other aircraft, I failed to spot every single of them. :)

So yeah, not that easy for sure. But then again, my eyes certainly aren't the sharpest ones there are.

Well, a video from a crappy head cam with crappy autofocus, compressed down, and watched on a not-so-perfect computer screen can hardly be measured up to actual human eye. That said, I had only one chance to try it in real life so far, and despite I knew from ATC comms where to look for other aircraft, I failed to spot every single of them. :)

So yeah, not that easy for sure. But then again, my eyes certainly aren't the sharpest ones there are.

I think more to the point it was the actual pilot in the video that had trouble spotting the F-15 at the start, not us trying to spot him in the video...

That said, I have a couple thousand hours trying to spot aircraft from the center seat on the flight deck of a P-3, and yep it is hard. You do get better at it thou for sure - generally it was the flight eng that spotted stuff first. :thumbup:

You have absolutely no problem spotting Mig-29's though lol...they are the little spot at the front of the huge smoke trail...

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think more to the point it was the actual pilot in the video that had trouble spotting the F-15 at the start, not us trying to spot him in the video...

Doh! Next time I comment on anything, I should probably watch the whole thing first, not just with the corner of my eye while doing other stuff... :doh:

I stand corrected then, thanks for pointing it out for me, mate. Oh, and your real life experience certainly is interesting. :thumbup: