Keyboard look

HoYa

What can I say, I’m an idiot.

Today I totally rearranged my game room to add some more fun stuff. While moving my cockpit around I dropped my oculus rift, but i thought it was no big deal. Boy was I wrong.

Looking thru the left eye,mit seems like it’s full of rust and spots. Needless to say I think it’s a goner.

So, I’m thinking about going to the oculus rift S. My only concern is that my oculus had a space by the nose where I could glance down on my keyboard. After demoing the rift S, it seems like a really tight fit with no way to alter it.

Guys with the rift S, how do u access your keyboard ??

Thanks

Nose guard is only 2mm thick so i guess it won't help much.

I need to lift the Rift-S to see the keyboard.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Leave the guard in, and activate passthrough instead, you might not read the individual letters on the keyboard but you can see your hand and everything else.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

I removed the guard after 2 minutes as I found it a little ticklish. In my case, without the guard there is enough of a gap to see the keyboard.

But even if this weren't the case, the improvement in resolution is really massive from the CV1, so if your IPD is in range don't hesitate - you will not regret it.