[INVESTIGATING]Drivers undetected

JTFF - Raph

Hello, I have an issue with the voice chat: I can choose a driver for "Main audio out" or "Headphones" but there is nothing in the two lists "Voice Chat output" and "Voice Chat input". My drivers are up to date. Be advise this thing causes instant crash of DCS if you are trying to join a server with voice chat activated. So you must unactive the voice chat in your settings to join correctly the server.

(repair done and client isn't modded)

here is some screenshots and logs:

dcs.log-20191128-150028.zip

1249902425_DCS2019-11-2818-32-04.thumb.jpg.55038506f7c28806d5328f596e1f48db.jpg

1416059939_DCS2019-11-2818-32-13.thumb.jpg.c4801b5d25f51a2ca72c6883fd19b298.jpg

Best regards.

Modules: Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandie, FC3, CA, Super Carrier, A-10C, A-10C II, F/A-18C, F-16 C, F-14 B, SA342, and WWII stuff.

Hardware: I7 8700K, Geforce GTX 1080Ti 11Go OC, 32Gb RAM, screen resolution 2K

Devices: Hotas Warthog, Cougar MFDs, Saitek rudder pedals, Track IR

My squadron: http://jtff.fr/SITE/

I'm having the same problem with my headphones (Sennheiser 3D G4ME). These headphones can be set to 7.1 channels and then voicechat doesn't give me the "Voice Chat output" and "Voice Chat input" options (only 'default') and DCS crashes when trying to connect to a voicechat enabled server.

When setting the headphones to 2 channels I can then choose the "Voice Chat output" and "Voice Chat input" options and it works.

This is the only case where I ever had problems with the 7.1 channels - so far, all games, teamspeak, SRS, discord, and even DCS itself (other than voicechat) didn't mind...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

• ED Team

Thank you for the information we have passed it to the team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Thank you for the information.

Could we ask a favour, we need more detail from your log.

Can you add this line to your autoexec.cfg

log.set_output("dcs", "", log.ALL, log.FULL)

it goes in your config folder here

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config

I have added it below if you do not already have one.

then repeat the issue and attach your new log.

thank you

autoexec.cfg

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here you go with a 7.1 channel crash - HTH!

Fresh repair, no mods, new SavedGames folder (with your autoexec.cfg) with the only changes being voicechat activation and selecting my headset where possible.

Edited by ams999

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

Here is the new crash log with the autoexec used!

dcs.log-20191129-161402.zip

Modules: Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandie, FC3, CA, Super Carrier, A-10C, A-10C II, F/A-18C, F-16 C, F-14 B, SA342, and WWII stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found a solution to this problem.

In the Windows settings (Win+I) go to privacy settings -> microphone and set "let apps access your microphone" to on.

After changing this setting, i was able to select different devices as input / output in DCS.

• ED Team

In the Windows settings (Win+I) go to privacy settings -> microphone and set "let apps access your microphone" to on.

After changing this setting, i was able to select different devices as input / output in DCS.

Thanks for letting us know, hopefully it it will helps others also. :thumbup:

I tried this and this is still not working for me unfortunately.

Not a solution for me, unfortunately, as it was already activated. I think it has to be activated anyway for stuff like discord, TeamSpeak, VoiceAttack etc.pp. which I can use without problems.

• ED Team

Guys who still get voicechat crashes - please add to your reports also voice_chat.log (it doesn't packed yet automatically).

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Here is one voice_chat.log and a zipped log.

As *.log is seen as an invalid file when uploading here, I renamed it to voice_chat.zip, just rename it, it's not a zip file.

Also, I deleted the server's miz file as it was very large (10 MB).

• ED Team

Thanks, addressed to programmers

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Guys who has issue with recognition of sound devices in DCS (especially with 7.1 soundcards). Please download attached archive, unpack it into any new folder and run Win32_WebRTC_plugin.exe

Then open dropdown lists as shown in my picture and make 2 screenshots (one for Playout and second for Recording) and post here.

Which device(s) are absent?

Win32_WebRTC_plugin_release.zip

image_2020_01_23T10_08_05_430Z.png.a2eb98f7affc5d2eed1a88a31fa84bc1.png

G.K. Chesterton

My audio device shows correctly with this:

• ED Team

Is it all? No more players with such issue?

G.K. Chesterton