Doesn't A-10C feel more flight capable in real life?

Worrazen

Ehh that's not really the case though for the range bit, the 14,15,16, and 18 all out range the A10. And the 15E has similar loitering time, more payload, and is much faster.

37ew6p.jpg

Meme's aside, youl seriously run out of gas even with EFT and that A10 will still be loitering on internal fuel alone, when youve declared bingo

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm not the Habu that is the demo pilot LOL, but I do fly the Hawg and make Op. Bactria. And yes, the A-10 in the sim feels very sluggish and underpowered compared to IRL. I did respond in the engine performance thread. A few flights ago I noted down some engine performance parameters compared to airspeed to test in DCS. I have not been available to do the tests in DCS yet but I will let you all know what my findings are. I think possibly the biggest culprit is the drag index is FUBAR, especially when stores are equipped.

Regardless of the cause of the problem, from my expert opinion the DCS A-10C is confirmed sluggish.

Thank you for your service. And thank you for taking the time for testing and posting on these threads.

No it's not. It's about both issues and in post 22 he wrote sluggish and underpowered.

Ok cool. Just like in the wing flex post for the Hornet, as another user put it, you are again fervently agreeing again. You must argue, even when others completely agree with you. So, I’m not wasting any more time agreeing with you. :doh:

Many pilots seem to think it's underpowered:

and not built for speed and one of the biggest weaknesses of it is it's really underpowered and a lot of planes are but the a-10 is all about drag it is not sleek just the round blunt nose with a gun sticking out of it and all these things hanging off the wings and the more lift you create the more drag you create so we're creating a lot of drag and the motors themselves are not you know sleek or anything either and and it would be great if there was more thrust to push against all that drag

https://www.historynet.com/the-warplane-nobody-wanted.htm

But if the A-10 has a basic shortcoming, it admittedly is underpowered. A-10 pilots say the airplane has three power-lever positions: off, taxi and max power.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

There has been a few AMAs on here where more than one real life Hog pilot has declared the DCS Hog as lacking in performance, engine power wise and airframe handling in high angle of attack flight regimes.

In other words, all up weight being equal, the DCS Hog goes slower and stalls earlier than the real thing.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

The Demo birds we see at air shows are flying clean with maybe a half load of gas and no ammo in the gun either. They are also being max performed by high-time pilots who know the figures cold.

400-500kts IAS? No way...

In game, try flying into combat with load outs that are closer to “real world” (eg two Mavericks and not six...) and a couple of JDAMs. The A-10C can be a modern B-17 but it usually is not employed that way IRL.

This is accurate.

The main difference in DCS is the flight structure has way more flex in it's wings and is not as rugged and stiff as you see in DCS. Nor do you ever see pylons stacked with 3 Mavericks, 3 bombs, and all the other mass quantity munitions.

The A10 is a workhorse but their wings suffer severe load stress when overloaded and you would almost never see them loaded like 90% of the community of DCS.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LMAO. What makes you “feel” this way? The real A-10C has a cruise speed of 260Knots and a max do not exceed speed of 400 knots. As in during a dive don’t go that speed. You are feeling that the aircraft should go fast enough that it would cause the real thing to break up.
Not accurate.

The aircraft's speed did not cause the aircraft to "breakup". It did have some issues where air would over power the hydraulics in earlier A10's and cause the aircraft to become uncontrollable in an over speed dive.

Some of that has been corrected and some of it has not.

No, I'm not the Habu that is the demo pilot LOL, but I do fly the Hawg and make Op. Bactria. And yes, the A-10 in the sim feels very sluggish and underpowered compared to IRL. I did respond in the engine performance thread. A few flights ago I noted down some engine performance parameters compared to airspeed to test in DCS. I have not been available to do the tests in DCS yet but I will let you all know what my findings are. I think possibly the biggest culprit is the drag index is FUBAR, especially when stores are equipped.

Regardless of the cause of the problem, from my expert opinion the DCS A-10C is confirmed sluggish.

I would agree on the drag issues but engine performance feels normal to me..

I would go further than just pylon drag and contribute it to the boxy block trimming to a stick over the subtle yoke..

but engine performance feels normal to me...

There's an old post by Yo-Yo in here somewhere where he says the engine performance is within 5% of the real thing. So not that bad off IMO.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

There's an old post by Yo-Yo in here somewhere where he says the engine performance is within 5% of the real thing. So not that bad off IMO.
Additionally not every A10's performance is the same including left and right engines. A few guys would split thrust on some of the older engines as they degrade.

Been a bit, didn't knew this thread took off, I'll try out with all the advices and see how it goes.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

It feels like its difficult to climb even with a clean aircraft, the plane starts to spin out if there are too many G's pulled. I feel like it should be easily capable of 400-550 knots and easily able to climb.

In AceCombat probably...but the real A10C max is about 381 knots with a never exceed speed of about 450 knots.

Try practicing to modulate your pulls on the stick to find the sweet spot on turns or pull-ups...I usually gradually pull till the horn and no further.

i7 9700k@5.0 Ghz, 32gb DDR4-3200, Maximus XI Formula, Asus Strix GTX 1080ti, 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Black, Wheelstandpro Warthog Deluxe V2, TrackIR 5 Pro. ROG Swift PG278Q 2560x1440, 12" Eyoyo LCD 1366x768 for TM Cougar MFDs.

I feel like it should be easily capable of 400-550 knots and easily able to climb.

Yeah, you're wrong, though.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

This is accurate.

The main difference in DCS is the flight structure has way more flex in it's wings and is not as rugged and stiff as you see in DCS. Nor do you ever see pylons stacked with 3 Mavericks, 3 bombs, and all the other mass quantity munitions.

The A10 is a workhorse but their wings suffer severe load stress when overloaded and you would almost never see them loaded like 90% of the community of DCS.

not common, but has been utilized as recently as OIF apparently

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1958983&postcount=11

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

That's probably one of the design flaws that a new super warthog would fix, if that happens, these are compromises that shouldn't have happened, you're suppose to fit as much on and still work great, not barely at the limits, I see it everywhere in engineering how machinery is poorly designed for maximum loads, you can see trucks, and things constantly breaking down and all of this drama on the TV "Oh may gawd an excavator has broken down and now John will have to replace the rubber seal" well spfnškfdplasdmsdmk make the friggin thing stronger and up to standard for the conditions!!!!

The trucks, the machinery, it's all way below what is required to beat the Australian outback, for example. It's just such a pity how more than half of this worlds effort/time is wasted on using subpar solutions and nobody seems to notice it and keeps chugginn on losing nerves, why can't the freaking truck have a set of hydraulic legs to lift it up from the mud, and more set of legs to step by step go forward enough, one good pair of mehanics could do this as a custom mod on an existing truck in less than 1 month FFS, sometimes I feel like throwing the TV out the window or jump into it and LET ME FIX IT !!!

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria