[FIXED] HUD: A picture is worth a thousand words?

randomTOTEN

HUD Settings all screwed up

Hi there,

After going through some tutorials and training with the A-10C, I now somehow have "adjusted" some HUD settings and now the Sighting is way up high and I cannot see it. How can I get that reset back to defaults?

These are the numbers displayed in the HUD itself, towards the bottom right.

Any pointers would be super appreciated!

pardon my ignorance, but would it help if there was option for VR and non VR cockpit. The difference would be, that non-VR (meaning flat 2D, even no TrackIR) would not project HUD info onto the glass, but rather render it flat on the flat surface (not slanted as it is in real life), so everything would be visible from any angle at any FOV?

I really don’t see why ED made this change in the first place, especially as it’s quite easy to see the big difference, and not make it an option to use the old system for traci ir. It surly can’t be too difficult to just make a special option that changes the view Kia to the old settings.

Why the need for a 'special option' between 3D & 2D POV? Surely this can be adjusted automatically if the player selects 'Enable VR Headset' in options? Either that or have it as an option in custom cockpit selection.

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S

Hey all,

For some reason even if I centre VR, the hud elements are projected too high. Even if I lower my seat all the way they're still too high. Is there an adjustment for this?

Hi Conura,

The default view in the A-10C is too far back, IMHO, and it causes problems with being able to see the whole HUD. You can compensate for that by manually adjusting where "center" is using this post. Don't forget to use the "save" command at the bottom of the list after you get your default view where you want it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3830595&postcount=2

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

To me it's only too high with default seat position (near max up).

When seat is lowered to max I find that the Hud is perfect (even in A/A weapon mode I don't need to lower my head to see gun/SW sights).

And this way (seat in lowest pos. to see Hud) seems logical to me since the pilot seats in an armored bathtub meant to protect him.

i think this is a similar problem that i saw in the spit https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4153485&postcount=12

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

As Lobo stated, use of the seat adjustment tools is important.

I adjust the seat each time after entering the A10C after the update. That being said, it is certainly manageable and only requires the initial adjustment. As a trade off for the improved cockpit (minus the current lighting issues), personally I am OK with it.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Hey all,

For some reason even if I centre VR, the hud elements are projected too high. Even if I lower my seat all the way they're still too high. Is there an adjustment for this?

Known issue, the hud projection was reported as wrong by people that works with Warthogs IRL.

I hope they'll fix it soon.

The HUD projection in VR is only slightly to high. In 2d it’s all around wrong.

PS the seat only adjusts up/down. It has no forward or act movement in real life.

Yeah, forward and aft would seem a questionable adjustment to have in an aircraft of that type. I use the height adjustment and then change my head position to get the view shifted back if needed for the A10C - but typically don't need to do the latter for it. Only seems to be the 18 that I need to do that, probably because of the pilot body and lining up my shoulders IRL to the virtual ones.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Until it's fixed, you can use custom snap views to get around the issue. Here are some decent settings for 2D and VR. (The 2D isn't perfect as it blocks the Steering Engaged light)

The custom Snap View file can be found here:

"C:\Users\<USER.NAME>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\SnapViews.lua"

Look for items 13 (2D) and 14 (VR) under A-10C

[13] = {--default view
	viewAngle		= 80.000000,--FOV
	hAngle			= 0.000000,
	vAngle			= -17.000000,
	x_trans			= 0.257000,
	y_trans			= -0.027000,
	z_trans			= 0.000000,
	rollAngle		= 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},
[14] = {--default view - VR
	viewAngle		= 75.000000,--FOV
	hAngle			= 0.000000,
	vAngle			= 0.000000,
	x_trans			= 0.157000,
	y_trans			= -0.034000,
	z_trans			= 0.000000,
	rollAngle		= 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},

i9 9900K, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3080

Valve Index, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM TPR Pedals

Yeah, forward and aft would seem a questionable adjustment to have in an aircraft of that type. I use the height adjustment and then change my head position to get the view shifted back if needed for the A10C - but typically don't need to do the latter for it.

Fore and aft is great adjustment to have in the sim. I have the up/down, fore and aft seat adjustment bound to a hat on my stick with a modifier. Use it quite often. Works like a charm.

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Fore and aft is great adjustment to have in the sim. I have the up/down, fore and aft seat adjustment bound to a hat on my stick with a modifier. Use it quite often. Works like a charm.

I use VR, so it really isn't something I've ever used (if it is currently implemented as it seems you have suggested). View is perfect for me, in any of the 3 air frames that I fly. Good tool for those who don't use VR I'd say, or those who do and aren't able to get the initial view setup properly.

Cheers,

Don

• 1 month later...

This really needs to get addressed, especially for 2D, as it is seems it is way worse...

You either don't see the top of the hud or the bottom or something...

Also I am not sure about this, but the seat is so close high it is blocking the APU handle.

I looked at some picture and there is a gap between the seat and the panel, giving you a better angle, which is not the case in DCS... correct me if I am wrong tho

5875357090_cde95f46d9_k.thumb.jpg.04e2b0816c5fc49c2cf0c56e2ded2f66.jpg

Screen_200318_154402.thumb.png.cdfba845a81301485e249b76eeb4a362.png

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I fly in VR and I can see the whole HUD.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: