3 position switch desynchronized if switched too fast

I've bound the flaps switch to the flaps switch on my warthog throttle and when I move it too fast, it results in the cockpit switch to become desynchronized.

Tested with multiple 3 position switches on the throttle and 3 position bindings for the hornet.

I experienced the same thing yesterday. Because of that I pay extra attention now to not move it to fast when moving it from one end to the other at once.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have been using the switch for some time, not had this issue, can I ask why you are moving it 'too fast' ?

When it's time to deploy flaps in the pattern, I just flick the switch all the way down.

I mean, why would I want to do it slowly? I rather get my hand back on the throttle as quick as possible :)

Other aircraft don't seem to have this issue, that's why I opened this thread.

Edited by El Bastardo

When it's time to deploy flaps in the pattern, I just flick the switch all the way down.

I mean, why would I want to do it slowly? I rather get my hand back on the throttle as quick as possible :)

Other aircraft don't seem to have this issue, that's why I opened this thread.

same problem

doesn't happen with a-10c but I have to confess that I'm using T.A.R.G.E.T. for f-18 bindings

Confirmed. I'm having issues with FLAP switch when quickly moving from FULL to AUTO. Usually the flap switch stops at HALF even though the physical switch is in UP (AUTO) position.

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

Confirmed.

Control options does keep up even with fast flicks, but for some reason the hornet does not register too quick flicks of the switch. No issues in A-10.

Happens with all 3-position switches if moving from one end to the other too quickly, but only in the hornet.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

with flap switch at centre position I flick to UP binding it to AUTO/HALF. Then from centre to down binding to FULL. So far had no problems as you guys describe. I too generally go from Auto straight to full.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

with flap switch at centre position I flick to UP binding it to AUTO/HALF. Then from centre to down binding to FULL. So far had no problems as you guys describe. I too generally go from Auto straight to full.

If you bind it like this, you can't go from full to half, without having to go to auto first.

For proper 3 position switch you need to bind Up to AUTO/HALF and Down to FULL/HALF.

The issue is, that there appears to be limit to how fast you can toggle from AUTO to FULL and from FULL to AUTO.

To me it looks like DCS doesn't recognize the change in states of the switch while the animation for the cockpit switch is running. Of course, this is just what I can see and the real issue could be something totally different.

Someone attach a track file here and I'll take a look.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

• 3 weeks later...

Nice, but it's only fixed for the flaps.

All the other switches still have that problem, maybe that fix can be applied to them as well.

Attached a track where I'm using different 3 position switches on the warthog throttle to control different 3 position switches in the cockpit and they still desync.

3WaySwitchIssuev2.trk

Edited by El Bastardo

Estimate that switches are temporarily not receptive to inputs while they are transiting through states. Switch motion from state A to B to C will ignore the "to C" command if it is transiting from A to B and thus not listening for input at that time.

That would not be a problem with one switch but the entire system which handles it.

I can see no other proper way to handle this situation than to be receptive to new inputs at all times even when that input cannot be acted on immediately.

"Switch1 go to state B"

Switch1 going to state B

"Switch1 go to state C"

I am still transitioning from A to B so I cannot do that now but I will remember that command and execute it at the first opportunity.

I have finished moving to state B so I can process the queued input.

I am transitioning from B to C.

I have finished moving to state C.

And it's slightly complicated by the fact that the Warthog Throttle does not have 3 outputs on the flap switch. It can only have four events (not six):

1 Flap up switch is pressed

2 Flap up switch is released

3 Flap down switch is pressed

4 Flap down switch is released

But that should be no problem as events 2 & 4 would be interpreted as "to B" by the sim.