what stands out the most for you v.2.5?

fitness88

I just installed 2.5 all went well, working quite smooth.

I'm wondering what we should be seeing as big improvements...what stands out the most for you flying v.2.5? I should add compared to 2.0 OpenAlpha as that's what I last flew.

Thank you.

Edited by fitness88
put in wrong version number

Graphics are much better.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

The new Caucasus Map of v2.5 is for me the biggest improvement ... the rest was already present in v2.2 but only for Nevada & Normandy Maps.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The first thing that comes to mind that really made the sim a lot better is the much improved performance with the latest couple of updates. That last one brought buildings back to the NTTR map, and now I consistently get about 20-30% better framerates even with graphics settings turned up high. There's also a LOT less stuttering. Finally!

The new Caucasus map is nice too, although it seems to me that the Vegas area of NTTR is the most impressive :)

The latest iteration of 2.5 also uses a lot less video RAM, as well as less system RAM. It runs well on my relatively modest PC :)

So, I'd have to say the best thing about 2.5 is the core sim engine has been greatly improved. Now ED can polish the sim's content some more :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Caucasus graphic's are nicely improved especially the mountain areas, no more razor edge along hill and mountain tops, realistically shaped and coloured in. The water is very nice at 'high' with water caps breaking without a noticeable FPS loss. most everything looks nicer. I noticed a nice increase in the sense of speed at 500 ft. agl.

Clearly 2.5 is massively better looking than 1.5. The patches to 2.5 seem to have reduced the impact of enabling MSAA.

For me, probably the biggest is getting Caucusus in the new engine. Not only is it probably the best map, but it also has many of the tutorials and base missions/campaigns for a number of aircraft. Something that I couldn't fly under v2.0.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Clearly 2.5 is massively better looking than 1.5. The patches to 2.5 seem to have reduced the impact of enabling MSAA.

For me, probably the biggest is getting Caucusus in the new engine. Not only is it probably the best map, but it also has many of the tutorials and base missions/campaigns for a number of aircraft. Something that I couldn't fly under v2.0.

Does 2.5 release version have the patches built in or do I have to now download them after the 2.5 installation?

Just downloaded 2.5 today.

First I can fly in Normandy with "some" ground units placed in the mission planner and get smooth flight at over 90 fps. Normandy looks like they have reduced the ground autogen. Trees and hedgerows look less cluttered and hence framerate is nice and high. :thumbup:

First impressions are that I can get back to making some combat mission scenarios!

Early days yet, but looks promising so far. I imported a couple of 2.1 missions and all seems fine:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Trees that act like they should do :) ...and those DS Graphics. 1st time ever I like the looks of Flanker 1.x...ehhhh DCS sorry.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Just downloaded 2.5 today.

First I can fly in Normandy with "some" ground units placed in the mission planner and get smooth flight at over 90 fps. Normandy looks like they have reduced the ground autogen. Trees and hedgerows look less cluttered and hence framerate is nice and high. :thumbup:

First impressions are that I can get back to making some combat mission scenarios!

Early days yet, but looks promising so far. I imported a couple of 2.1 missions and all seems fine:D

Glad to hear flying missions previously created in earlier versions work well.

I’m gonna have to get airborne in vr so far I’ve just been testing things out since the update might have to airborne tonight

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I played around with the IPD setting in the VR game options and saw it changes the size of things. What's it actually for?

Edit: this thread explains it

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202770&highlight=IPD

It's there because everyone does not have the same spacing between their eyes, so this allows you to make small adjustments to match up with your actual eyes. The headsets usually have a slider they can move as well. Oculus Rift has the IPD slider under the right eye. Your optometrist can tell you what your real IPD is.

Have noticed I don't need as high a super sampling setting as I did before v. 2.5. I now use 1.2 and it looks better than 1.5 with much smoother play. Actually I can use 1.0 and don't see any difference outside the cockpit but the gauges are a bit less clear, since I can afford the overhead I use 1.2.

I have been away for a few months since it got to be too much for my computer and I figured I'd wait for 2.5 to release rather than get all complicated running 3 versions. With a new GPU and another 16 gig Ram it was time.

I rarely ever run with an fps monitor but I turned it on for a minute. 120 fps (with one wingman and one enemy) in Normandy with the settings on simply "High". Nice work folks!

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Caucasus scenery Trees. I was going low and slow in the Gazelle trying to find a target in the woods, did not have lights on in the room and it was getting dark, had a really immersive moment as it took me back to actually doing somthing like this in the real Gazelle, as a passenger many years back.

The light problems caused by the current Deferred Shading. Forget night flights and high noon looks like a cartoon. Early morning and dusk look great, but this feature REALLY NEEDS ATTENTION!

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

The light problems caused by the current Deferred Shading. Forget night flights and high noon looks like a cartoon. Early morning and dusk look great, but this feature REALLY NEEDS ATTENTION!

Are they looking to fix this because I used to love flying night missions..