Reading the log file

BlacleyCole

I’m just been using dcs since December just getting in to some of the more advance parts like multiplayer . I’m aware of the log file existence but not it location or how to decipher it. Is there a detailed article on how to use the log file to determine what went wrong and caused dcs to crash ? I would like to decipher my last log file because the more I rebooted, reloaded dcs the more or worst my situation became. Last night I was involved in a training session and the hmd on my riff looked like someone shook it back in forth for about a minute then froze I rebooted and had bumped my cyclic control to the nw corner and didn’t catch it in startup so mt rotors bump the mast and go flying next reboot I had not working controls. Reboot and reload everything if fine at first the plan was take off do a left hand orbit of the farp and return to the starting pad that I took off of. In reality I was able to take off do about one quarter of the orbit then it freezes. It got worst from there . Things went so wrong I got fed up and rescheduled the training I’ve never had issues like this before. Some things I suspecte were caused my the vr system, others the network and more by the computer because of the crashes. I should have ran the clean and repair command after experiencing the crashes but I didn’t think of it as I was frustrated with what was happening. If I understand it function right I should be able to decode the log file if 1) I could locate the file before running the repair and clean commands. 2) decode the information contained within the file.

So you know my situation. Can you please point me to the best two or three articles on the log file I figure one will be in tech speak so I might only get 25-40 percent understanding another might be in common speak but not as informative then there should be one that says what one said but in a way that would allow total unders7.

So can you please point me to these articles?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

The Log is a debugging tool meant to be sent to ED's tech support when you have a DCS crash, it's not meant for you to decipher.

On this thread there is info on how to find the Log: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184544

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB