How to control radio function calls from warthog throttle?

parxuk

Can somebody please tell me if there is a way to map the function key radio calls to buttons/hat switch on the HOTAS? I fly in VR and having to try and find the button to open the communications menu and then find the correct F key to make the call can be quite distracting.

Unfortunately I can't use any of the programs which use voice commands as I only get to game late at night when the rest of the house had gone to bed.

Thanks

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Then you want to do macro?

For exemple press a Warthog button and it will automatically open menu, navigate menu and select an option?

If so you could use the TM Target software (I do no advise it). Edit : Except if you are already using it. Because if you don't you will have to remap everything for all your module etc.. Using target is like getting a whole new controller.

You could Voice Attack as well. As input instead of voice you can have a controller button. Both press and release IIRC.

You could use JoyToKey. But I think you can only have four event in a single macro. It might be too few.

Also Joystick Gremlin. Which is the best in my opinion and experience.

Any program that can read controller as input, and output a macro in short.

AutoHotKey as well.

Joystick Gremlin is the easiest and most polyvalent I know. It's free but I would pay for it if needed. It is also easy to enter in contact with the dev and get help. :joystick:

Edited by Ant0ine

Thanks for the replies.

I will give Joystick Gremlin a go, and see how I get on.

Regards

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

I use the radio switch up to open the comm menu,then look at the menu, put the white dot on what I want to press then use the press in on the radio switch (button 2 or 4?)to left mouse click through the menus.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

HomeFries has a really slick interface for managing comms in his TARGET profiles. It uses the Mic switch along with Stick hat switches H2, H3, & H4 to control in game radio calls. It also integrates in game comms with the use of VAICOMPRO/SRS/Discord and is consistent across most DCS Modules.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116454

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

I'm stumped as to how I can achieve this. If anyone can shed any light I would be grateful.

Wicked - I'm guessing you are flying in VR? I have tried this but is it correct you then lose any use of the mouse? Is there any way to use both? When only using my head movements to move the white dot or blue cross around the cockpit I get neck ache, especially when trying to look in the extremes.