Planes will not repair when only gear/wheels are damaged.

Me and others noticed that planes will not repair when only the gear or wheels are damaged (wheels i know for sure). It seems that it doesn't register it as damage.

(Edit: I don know what i tried to say afterwards. But that was gibberish so i deleted).

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Me and others noticed that planes will not repair when only the gear or wheels are damaged (wheels i know for sure). It seems that it doesn't register it as damage.Maybe for repair on friendly airfields no matter what so it won't matter if you are damaged or not.

If your wheels or undercarriage are damaged and you can't taxi off the runway I don't believe you get any repairs.

This applies to any repair while you are still on the runway.

• ED Team
Me and others noticed that planes will not repair when only the gear or wheels are damaged (wheels i know for sure). It seems that it doesn't register it as damage.Maybe for repair on friendly airfields no matter what so it won't matter if you are damaged or not.

I have seen the wheel issue mentioned before, I do look out for it. seeing a short track would help but it is difficult in an online session.

If your wheels or undercarriage are damaged and you can't taxi off the runway I don't believe you get any repairs.

You should be able to get a repair on the runway, as long as the airfield is friendly and there are no enemy within the airfields influence as far as I am aware.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have seen the wheel issue mentioned before, I do look out for it. seeing a short track would help but it is difficult in an online session.

You should be able to get a repair on the runway, as long as the airfield is friendly and there are no enemy within the airfields influence as far as I am aware.

I know things change from update to update but I do remember there was either no re-arming or re-fueling or repairing on the runway...unless that has all changed.

You do get repairs anywhere on the airfield (unless they recently changed it). But i never repair on the runway anyway. I noticed this bug several times now on different places and double checked with others.

Me and others noticed that planes will not repair when only the gear or wheels are damaged (wheels i know for sure). It seems that it doesn't register it as damage.

We also have been noticing an occasional denial of repairs. I couldn't put my finger on the circumstances though, I'll pay more attention next time to see if it's gear/wheels/tires damage causing the repair not to be initiated.

We are multiplayer only so we just re-select another slot to continue in another aircraft abandoning the damaged and un-repaired one. Still, it would be nice to pinpoint this bug and get it fixed.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

I have the same problem in my single player missions. No repair if gear or fuselage is damaged!!! (I checked for more than 20 Minutes, after I got a "copy" from the ground crew - no effect).

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

System: Win 11 Prof, 64 Bit, AMD 4350 Quad-Core, Gigabyte-Board 970A-UD3P, 16 GB-RAM; ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB - Nvidia Geforce

• ED Team

which single player mission was this simpit?

It would be nice to catch this one, as it has been mentioned before.

I will have a chat with the ED team in the morning about it

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Are folks waiting long enough for the repair to be made? Airframe repairs take (took) 30+ minutes to complete at one point. Maybe still do. Is it perhaps the same for fuselage and/or landing gear?

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• ED Team

you should see the countdown once the repair is selected as long as no enemy units are within the airfields influence.

I have spoken with billycrusher on the ED team and we will keep an eye out for it.

If anyone does have a short track showing it please pass it on.

Thanks

Are folks waiting long enough for the repair to be made? Airframe repairs take (took) 30+ minutes to complete at one point. Maybe still do. Is it perhaps the same for fuselage and/or landing gear?

30 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bite me!!! I have not time for a whole night to complete a mission :doh: (in the morning the office is waiting for me). This kind of realism seems to be a little bit overdone :unsure:.

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

System: Win 11 Prof, 64 Bit, AMD 4350 Quad-Core, Gigabyte-Board 970A-UD3P, 16 GB-RAM; ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB - Nvidia Geforce

No it does not take 30 minutes. It takes 3 minutes. You will get the copy and then the countdown. But when your gear/wheels are damaged the countdown never starts. And no enemy units near the base. Normal damage to the plane will get repaired.

No. At one point it took more than 30 minutes for that airframe repair to be completed. I haven't bent the airframe recently, so I don't know if it still takes that long.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

It must be possible to respawn the aircraft by destroying it after a hard landing on the runway - but this would be a crazy kind of repair and a good method to wreck a positive mood after or during a successful mission :doh:.

Any other methods?

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

No. At one point it took more than 30 minutes for that airframe repair to be completed. I haven't bent the airframe recently, so I don't know if it still takes that long.

I never seen this in all the years. For none of the planes i have. And i'm basically repair every day i fly. Just repaired again. took 3 minutes. Maybe some mission setting?

I never seen this in all the years. For none of the planes i have. And i'm basically repair every day i fly. Just repaired again. took 3 minutes. Maybe some mission setting?

Surprised me when it happened. This was in the Su-27 back when they gave it fragile wings and airframe. It was a simple home-made mission to test the breaking points. So nothing was designed into the mission that would have caused it. I was expecting the normal 3 minutes myself.

_____

• 2 weeks later...

I think, at the moment the best method to get a completely repaired aircraft is to leave the plane in the parking position by ctrl+e and respawn it by "get a new aircraft". Not very nice but effective :thumbup:.

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

I think, at the moment the best method to get a completely repaired aircraft is to leave the plane in the parking position by ctrl+e and respawn it by "get a new aircraft". Not very nice but effective :thumbup:.

Or go back to the spectator slot instead of leaving a wreck on the ramp... :book:

Lord of Salt

I just experience this myself Friday night in a multiplayer mission in an Su-25T. I bent the gear in a hard landing so it was nearly impossible to taxi off the runway. With much difficulty I managed to make it back to the ramp and asked for a repair.... "copy" was the reply, but I never got the repair. I tried several times and was always told "copy" but no repair of the gear was ever made. I eventually had to select a new aircraft.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, it suddenly works - at least with my UH-1 - probably due to the latest DCS World update :clap_2::clap_2:. I have recorded the repair process on you tube.:clap:

edit: Ok, the trick is to shut down the egine completely (I realize this with the autostop-sequence). You can run the repair-function before this or afterwards. After the engines stops the repair process starts a countdown from 160 seconds in 10 seconds-steps.

If you don´t want to watch the full boring clip, log in at minute 5:15 for watching the repair process (please notice the commands and the process-history in the right upper screen-corner):

Edited by Simpit

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

• 2 years later...

For future notice if anyone has trouble with Damaged wheel repair. From F18 perspective you must shutdown the aircraft before wheel repairs can take place. ie. request repair then shut the plan down. Ground staff will fix :)

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2