[FUTURE UPDATE FEATURE] Annunciator Panel (Warning/Caution Lights) not readable in VR

iffoif

Hello!

The Annunciator panel (Warning lights) has a font that is very badly readable, even in 2D. But especially in VR, is is totally unreadable to me. This problem persists on the HTC Vive, The Samsung Odyssey+ and the HP Reverb Pro.

The user Devrim made a mod to make the lights better readable. Could you please make an official fix to made the lights more readable? Thanks!

Same, uninstalled and reinstalled wmr and steam vr thinking there was some issue with my Reverb. Turns out this is how it is. Going through the trainings but I can't really tell what is what. Cockpit is still a bit dark too.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Gamma correction can help with dark pit.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I've got gamma at 1.7 or 1.8 but I may need to bump it up.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Yes this should be looked into by Razbam. This issue with the warning panel in av8b is design related. Clarity of cockpit panels in all modules are usually very good on a 2D monitor but in the case of the harrier I cannot see the warning indicators in the annuciator panel until I zoom in very close.

In VR, I barely use it for anything.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• 5 weeks later...

I have a button set on my HOTAS (Warthog throttle and stick) that I press, and as long as I'm pressing it, it zooms in so I can read stuff like the caution panel, as well as look out the canopy for ground/air targets, it seems to do the trick for me and is an acceptable workaround for me. The Hornet's moving map is bloody dreadful (even with the "every frame at 1024" box ticked) and I can barely read it even when zoomed in, so I just turn off the map.

Even with VR Zoom it is not possible to read them. You can guess them, especially when you know where which should be. But it is really, really hard to read them, I would say impossible.

And its nit a generall issue. The Tacan in the Cat is smaller and more away, but I can read it without any problems.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Thanks for the suggestions. I always have bound the "VR Zoom" and "VR recenter" to a toggle switch on my Throttle: Toggling the switch up zooms, and toggling it down recenters the view.

However I have to agree with Viper2097: Even zoomed it, it does not get much better.

They did this a couple of months ago when they upgraded the cockpit to look more "used".

It appears to me like a good portion of the upper edge of each warning cell and the lower edge are masked my something. So zooming in really close only shows you the masked cell really close up.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 7 months later...

With most of our cockpit textures moving to SVG format, we are looking to update and upgrade cockpits in the future. As the majority of us don't use VR at this time and with other tasks ahead in priority this may take time to address. I like tea, do not have VR so cannot confirm it personally. The team will be made aware of this issue but again, it may be lower on the list of priority tasks at this time.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 2 weeks later...
You tell me with evidence and I will look into it, I don't have VR.

OK, I was extremely busy lately but managed to get a 2D screenshot on on of my computers. This is how the warning lights panel looks in 2D: unreadable. When you zoom in a lot, the issue gets better.

I will try to upload a screenshot from my other computer and one VR screenshot later.

Edit: I uploaded 3 more screenshots from my other computer. Here you can see clearly in 2D that the warning lights are not readable.

1098861249_Bild1.thumb.jpg.499e3c6a64cea9aacdcae357f01906bf.jpg

1490877071_Bild2.thumb.jpg.f07556832a1f92192e324e07e1fb9ff7.jpg

1328881595_Bild3.thumb.jpg.6cc3843453e6ff70d32dcd56df0ad665.jpg

1856239228_Bild4.thumb.jpg.48df46b3031674d5e0dd6d3eec3073c0.jpg

Edited by iffoif

Sorry for making a double post, but I wanted to separate the VR screenshot from the others. This is a screenshot of the display mirror DCS window.

EDIT: I also managed to capture a short video of the display mirror window. Sorry, I have no experience with this, so I hope it will be enough proof. Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ELokFvjgbY8aKY76qOhICBbYzK_Xx8Z9/view?usp=sharing

1310880548_Bild7.thumb.jpg.747a72e4e63476d7d0851d8b7bcf22f2.jpg

Edited by iffoif

So this is actually a limit of the textures as they are. The team is currently working on changing all of our cockpit textures to SVG which will be easier for both 2D and 3D viewing. This however is an extensive process to ensure that it does not wreck the rest of the code so it will take some time to implement. For now this will be moved to resolved as this is an incoming feature being worked on.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.