=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Is burning skies server only available at weekends, I'm confused as I don't think I've seen it on weekdays?

It’s always available, however DCS has had the bug lately where the servers weren’t showing on the master server list. As a result it would appear that it wasn’t often available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the dots for spotting are barely visible and don't help spotting at all if you have a high resolution monitor. Are the dots there only for people with low res monitors and VR? Because they don't really need dots for spotting because the low res makes its easier. Its the high res people that need them but they are so small that they may as well not be there at all.

I fly 2650x1440, I put a magnifier up to the screen and the "label" is really only one pixel for me.

Totally inadequate and the reason I tend to fly in the air to ground mode. When I fly in a group others are calling out aircraft and all I can do is go "what, where?".

I fly 2650x1440, I put a magnifier up to the screen and the "label" is really only one pixel for me.

Totally inadequate and the reason I tend to fly in the air to ground mode. When I fly in a group others are calling out aircraft and all I can do is go "what, where?".

Same here. I get shot down all the time and I never see the hostiles until they chew up my a...

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I noticed the dots for spotting are barely visible and don't help spotting at all if you have a high resolution monitor. Are the dots there only for people with low res monitors and VR? Because they don't really need dots for spotting because the low res makes its easier. Its the high res people that need them but they are so small that they may as well not be there at all.

Absolutely dude. others and myself have been saying this for a long time. they used to be really nice but then eekz changed them for the vr crowd. And i refuse to play at 1080p over 2560x1440

Absolutely dude. others and myself have been saying this for a long time. they used to be really nice but then eekz changed them for the vr crowd. And i refuse to play at 1080p over 2560x1440
How would you solve this problem? Give a solution instead of complaining. ;)

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I can relate to that. Dots make no difference at 43" 4k monitor, but then i watch buddies with VR who see big black dots like flies.

Well, he already gave ... in a way. Previous state was more optimal for guys like him and me.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Well my solution would be put them back to how they were as the majority of people that use the server don't use VR. When VR becomes more developed and mainstream then relook at altering them

Eekz do you have any plans of using the Normandy map again since the recent update to it?
That'd be nice for all of us.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I can relate to that. Dots make no difference at 43" 4k monitor, but then i watch buddies with VR who see big black dots like flies. .

So you can't spot better with a 43 inch monitor compared to a lets say 27 inch ? Just curious Hiromachi. Am about to pull the trigger on a big monitor. Talking about 4k resolution ...

So you can't spot better with a 43 inch monitor compared to a lets say 27 inch ? Just curious Hiromachi. Am about to pull the trigger on a big monitor. Talking about 4k resolution ...

My layman's logic says: If the number of pixels increases in proportion to screen size, the pixels won't get any bigger; so the one-pixel label will be just as small and invisible as it is now. Am I missing something?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I dont have and did not have 27" so cant compare. I had 1440p 35" ultrawide and spotting was better but tracking not. Right now I somehow struggle with spotting, but when I spot bugger and zoom I can tell from miles away what is he, what color is his nose and if his eyeballs are blue or green :megalol:

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Eekz do you have any plans of using the Normandy map again since the recent update to it?

He said he was including the normandy mission in January. I guess with all 3 missions in a rotation as it would be unfair to those who don't have it to be completely excluded and we need as many potential players as possible to keep it fun.

If it is anything like the LFDM normandy server it should be good.