[FIXED] CTD since latest update, not sure what's causing it.

JackHammer89

I've been playing in the GS server and have been getting very consistent crashes during engagements. Those crashes tend to happen whenever I'm going evasive(put the enemy to my six o'clock) and the enemy starts shooting Fox3s. Those missiles are often shot from too far away as I'm going cold, but I'd still perform some slight turns to bleed those missiles energy just in case, as well as laughing while looking at the D/L page with all those[120] icons gathered by the RWR. And then, that's when my game crashes almost every time!

Sorry, I could only describe my experience at this time, as I wasn't aware of this thread nor do I ever report bugs. I will report back with logs the next time I crash again.

I had this exact same experience.

Also in a mission made by me with very little units when I was doing some evasive maneuvers.

DCS just closes without any crash log.

I have an i7 7700k (no OC), 32GB RAM, GTX 1080

Edited by Ignition

DCS just closes without any crash log.

Me too, the only evidence I have is tacview from the GS server, not sure if that could be any of help.

I swear it must have something to do with the RWR/MAWS, datalink, aim-120 or any of the combination.

I just crashed out of my 1st game of today, was dealing with a single F-16 in the entire area, launched one SD-10 at him at 13nm in TWS at ~13k feet, then I dived back to deck and went cold. His has only fired one 120C and it appeared on my RWR as the same time as he's killed by mine. My MAWS screamed ''Missile, Missile'' when it reached that 5km detection range, but it was too far/slow to catch me. ~10-20sec later, my game crashed, again, same situation. :doh:

My rig is: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060. And I've been flying with a 4x SD-10, 2x PL-5II, Two tanks and SPJ pod as my PVP A2A loadout. Never have crashes like this before in other modules.

Edited by Lymark

Hello

Testing the JF17, I've also had a lot of massive FPS drop and crash / crash to desktop playing this test mission.

Take the JF17 SEAD and launch LD10 on the SAMs.

I've attached the mission and some crash logs.

I hope it will help.

End of Callstack 1

0x000000000007ECFE (freetype): TT_RunIns + 0x3A4E

0x000000000007F44E (freetype): TT_RunIns + 0x419E

0x000000000000E868 (freetype): FT_Load_Char + 0x288

End of Callstack 2

0x0000000000018AC0 (edterrainGraphics41): edtg41::TerrainRenderable::dump + 0xC300

0x000000000001DA51 (edterrainGraphics41): edtg41::TerrainRenderable::dump + 0x11291

0x0000000000055B92 (edterrainGraphics41): edtg41::TerrainRenderable::dump + 0x493D2

Unit Testing.miz

Logs.zip

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

There's also a guy in GS who has had similar 'crash during engagement' experience as mine. He suggests that the issue is somehow connected to when an enemy(PVP) is on his and is spamming AIM-120s, which fits the description of my previous report. As long as he avoids having enemy on his six, he's crash-free.

I'll try to ask him to report his experience here.

I've had crashes at various stages of flight, from just loading up a mission from the editor to the JF, to starting the plane, all the way to being in mission. Usually included with many air and ground units. I also crashed several times from the AO server where obviously no missiles are flying.

As others have reported, sometimes I get a crash log to send to ED, other times nothing. The crashes were non-existent to very few in the first couple days of play, but got progressively worse as time went on until finally the JF crashed in 80% of the missions I ran on or offline.

I did a repair and I have yet to experience another crash so far, but I've only had a limited amount of time testing (the mission in question had a lot of air and ground units of different types included, however, over 300 units of various types). Here's hoping a simple repair made it play nice.

My only guess so far is SD-10 hit/target switch: I did a test to check if I run out of memory(32GB and no I still had ~6GB left) and I crashed approx when my missile hit the target, this happened at least twice. To be precise freeze/then crash, no send report window. My guesstimate is when the missile goes for chaff it hits a "nullptr", but I don't have tacview yet maybe it did hit.

And I have random crashes from joining a server to after 40 mins.

Note: I don't fly other planes now, so it can be general DCS problem too.

dcs.txt

No fix for the crashing issue today.Do you know what is causing it. Can you confirm it will be in the next update.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

No fix for the crashing issue today.Do you know what is causing it. Can you confirm it will be in the next update.

There's no update this week. ED wanted to push everything in to the big hornet update next week, the 18th). :cry:

Edited by Lymark

That sucks.The crashes are making this plane unplayable for me.:chair:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

• ED Team

Some users are having crashes with the JF-17 and Deka are looking into it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=713

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Me too, the only evidence I have is tacview from the GS server, not sure if that could be any of help.

I swear it must have something to do with the RWR/MAWS, datalink, aim-120 or any of the combination.

I just crashed out of my 1st game of today, was dealing with a single F-16 in the entire area, launched one SD-10 at him at 13nm in TWS at ~13k feet, then I dived back to deck and went cold. His has only fired one 120C and it appeared on my RWR as the same time as he's killed by mine. My MAWS screamed ''Missile, Missile'' when it reached that 5km detection range, but it was too far/slow to catch me. ~10-20sec later, my game crashed, again, same situation. :doh:

My rig is: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060. And I've been flying with a 4x SD-10, 2x PL-5II, Two tanks and SPJ pod as my PVP A2A loadout. Never have crashes like this before in other modules.

I have the same experience, almost all my crashes are related with me going defensive to an AIM120 and the RWR screaming MISSILE, when the missiles gets close normally my game crashes. Im always carrying an SPJ pod.

• ED Team
Would it be more help of me to upload my logs into the relevant JF-17 bug thread?

I have moved the thread, the Deka team will see it.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have the same experience, almost all my crashes are related with me going defensive to an AIM120 and the RWR screaming MISSILE, when the missiles gets close normally my game crashes. Im always carrying an SPJ pod.

do you have log?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

thanks

we noticed some issue with mfcd lua page encoding

hope that is the issue

our members cannot reproduce, so it's probably related to win os locales

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I don't have logs but our guess is that one of the reasons could be related to ships(OHP or the Russian destroyer or maybe any ship).

I personally had my longest session without ships on the map(all destroyed) if we have any I crash after 5-10 mins.

I'm mostly flying on a closed MP server with two other players. Even if I and one of my buddies fly the F-16, if the third player has the JF-17, my FPS gets worse and worse, after maybe 30-45 minutes of flying. If the third player instead flies the F/A-18, this problem does not occur.

So just to clarify, I am in the F-16, and _another_ player is flying the JF-17, and that causes _my_ FPS to drop, eventually to unplayable levels. It never happens if I fly the F-16 and the other players use other aircraft.

I don't know if it is related to the DCS crashes, but it does seem like a memory management problem or something similar.

EDIT: Just to add that I've bought the JF-17 (and love the plane), in case that affects things when another player is flying the JF-17.

#metoo multiple crashes on JF-17, multiplayer, after about 20mins.

No other apparent link between crashes.

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs