HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

anybody get pixel flickering in their HP reverb?

I do not mean screen flickering, but random individual pixels scattered throughout the screen momentarily switching to green?

Its very apparent against a dark background

Was it always like this? I just started noticing it since the day before yesterday. Is there any solution for it? Anyone knows if it’s software or hardware related?

Cheers

Yes, this is the option for display quality in the cockpits.

As far as I can see the "display resolution of XXXX every frame" seems to just control the resolution of the mirrors in the cockpit. It does not seem to affect the visual quality of gauges or displays in the cockpit.

So it is finally time to jump into VR.

The Reverb is my weapon of choice as it surpasses one of my red lines for VR (one red line is resolution and the other is FOV). I can handle one out of two red lines.

I think the software in the reverb needs fine tuning but Hewlet Packard is a big old company and once they realise that they have caught the wave at just the right time then their software should be perfected quickly.... Off course we all seen dip stick A holes in charge of mega digital companies screw it up and screw it up royally.... but regardless, the time is now for me.

A beast of a system will be ordered this Friday and I will simply throw a very large hammer at a big problem.... with the way DCS is I see no other alternative!

In the next 2 -3 weeks I am going to get on the communities nerves when it comes to VR questions so I apologies in advance.... probably all in the week before Christmas ( I hope).

P.S. I see the reverb on Hewlet Packard's web site but it does not say "pro". The bumf does say pro but when you go to the sales page it does not say PRO and is around £500 (give or take £100, monkey nuts in comparison to my total DCS system investment)!

Should I be weary of this?

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

The pro is for public Use in Gamelounges. The Consumer Version is the Same, but sitting more comfortable on your Face..

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

P.S. I see the reverb on Hewlet Packard's web site but it does not say "pro". The bumf does say pro but when you go to the sales page it does not say PRO and is around £500 (give or take £100, monkey nuts in comparison to my total DCS system investment)!

Should I be weary of this?

The main difference is supposed to be the warranty, which you might have to use due to build quality and QA issues. Pro warranty is supposed to be they send you a new unit right away and then you ship back your old unit once you get it versus the other way around for consumer.

That being said I'm pretty unhappy with their "pro warranty" at this point. Weeks long back-orders shouldn't be a thing at this point but are.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yes and the Pro Version has 1Year warranty and the Consumer 2 Years Warranty.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Yes and the Pro Version has 1Year warranty and the Consumer 2 Years Warranty.

Not sure what country you are referring to. But in US both pro and consumer have 1 year warranty.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Not sure what country you are referring to. But in US both pro and consumer have 1 year warranty.

At it's introduction, in the U.S. the Pro had 2 years and the consumer 1 year.

Not too long after they had begun shipping ( and having issues) they changed to Pro for U.S. to 1 year also. At least that is what I remember reading.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

At it's introduction, in the U.S. the Pro had 2 years and the consumer 1 year.

Not too long after they had begun shipping ( and having issues) they changed to Pro for U.S. to 1 year also. At least that is what I remember reading.

Yeah my pro warranty is only 1 year. And their CS department will be getting a nice "feedback letter" about how good that "pro" warranty is.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

This is what it says on the UK HP Store for the Pro version:

2 years limited warranty, including 2 year parts, 2 years labor and 2 year onsite service. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Probably because Europe and UK have better warranty policies for consumers in general.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

after the last Steam VR update (for the beta version as well I guess) the settings file I was using (found here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4080173#post4080173) doesn't work well, and its all jagged and laggy when objects are moving fast.

So I reseted my file by going back to normal steam VR, and switching again to beta...

But now, I don't have reprojection working (before my FPS would stay at 45 but feel like 80-90. now it goes from 40 to 70 but doesn't feel as smooth as it used to be)

anyone having the same issue and who found a fix ?

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Just the auto line ?

Thing is, the auto line seem to create the issue.

I will try though

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Hi

Got my reverb on Friday and spent the weekend fumbling my way through getting it working.

Still got a way to go.

Its my first VR headset so am not familiar with pretty much any of the settings or terminology.

Went throughg Thuds setup guides and stuff, Got the same file FZG Immel refers to and have spent a few hours in game.

I thing is for sure, this headset is not at all glasses/spectacle friendly. I dont have big glasses but its a mission and am gonna damage something soon.

Ordered the lense inserts today.

I will try and read up on the various graphics tweeks and what is important and wont fiddle to much till I get the inserts. Im sure I can improve as I do see some shimmering and jaggies.

Very cool flying in VR, very very cool!!!

Have i9900k and 1080ti, seems to run fine. Have a 2080ti on the way.

If there are any links for settings for a similar setup I would be grateful.

Still very unsure how I am going to get around not being able to see the keyboard but flying around is awesome. Also took the Huey for a spin up the coast and it was sublime.

Immel, if you can explain what changes need to be made to that vrsettings file with the new update I will also give it a go but dunno how helpful I will be. I don't even know what reprojection is just yet :megalol:

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Still very unsure how I am going to get around not being able to see the keyboard but flying around is awesome.

in WMR say 'flashlight on' and a horrible B/W pic-in-pic appears from one of your tracking camera(s) .. supposedly

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Hi

Got my reverb on Friday and spent the weekend fumbling my way through getting it working.

Still got a way to go.

Its my first VR headset so am not familiar with pretty much any of the settings or terminology.

Went throughg Thuds setup guides and stuff, Got the same file FZG Immel refers to and have spent a few hours in game.

I thing is for sure, this headset is not at all glasses/spectacle friendly. I dont have big glasses but its a mission and am gonna damage something soon.

Ordered the lense inserts today.

I will try and read up on the various graphics tweeks and what is important and wont fiddle to much till I get the inserts. Im sure I can improve as I do see some shimmering and jaggies.

Very cool flying in VR, very very cool!!!

Have i9900k and 1080ti, seems to run fine. Have a 2080ti on the way.

If there are any links for settings for a similar setup I would be grateful.

Still very unsure how I am going to get around not being able to see the keyboard but flying around is awesome. Also took the Huey for a spin up the coast and it was sublime.

Immel, if you can explain what changes need to be made to that vrsettings file with the new update I will also give it a go but dunno how helpful I will be. I don't even know what reprojection is just yet :megalol:

@ 7:20 he is able to put these over glasses and doesn't mention anything. Where did you order your lens inserts?

I too haven't wrapped my head around what reprojection is. But my reverb is still in the mail.

@ 7:20 he is able to put these over glasses and doesn't mention anything. Where did you order your lens inserts?

I too haven't wrapped my head around what reprojection is. But my reverb is still in the mail.

Reprojection is motion smoothing (adding interpolated frames).

Over here ducktales, dude makes them for most VR sets with good reviews around the patch.

https://vroptician.com/prescription-lens-inserts/hp-reverb/

in WMR say 'flashlight on' and a horrible B/W pic-in-pic appears from one of your tracking camera(s) .. supposedly

Yeah got that figured thx :thumbup: but it is the whole thing of being blind with the headset on to where things are, controlles and stuff and most importantly my whisky :music_whistling:

Just gotta get used to it and figure out the best way to work with this as I go along.

It is a glorious experience though.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Reading through the responses to the OP, there is some pain I need to pay for the choices I made. Setting up looks like it could be a bitch! ..... or does it?

Gotta get the glasses sorted fast by the sounds of things..... perhaps.

The reverb is inbound this week and will be tested for my glasses, the DCS driver system is inbound just before Christmas.... GRRRRRR!

God I am looking forward to this hard work! :)

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.