leading edge flap stuck down

Talvid

Simply put, I lower my flaps to landing position, and that includes the leading edge of the wings. It extends downward, but when I press all flaps up key combo (LCtrl + F) the trailing edge flaps retract into the upwards position but the leading edge flap remains down. Has anyone seen this, or found a solution? I'm really dragging here! I will post a track if needed.

tyvubwd2ck041.png?width=1607&format=png&auto=webp&2a4475e6

Edited by Thalvid
photo update

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

My landing approaches in this bird are high AOA. I'm still a rookie, don't know yet if that's optimal. My issue is when I take off again I can't raise the leading edge flaps by any means; I've tried changing the key control, still nothing.

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

My landing approaches in this bird are high AOA. I'm still a rookie, don't know yet if that's optimal...

:) Welcome to the Flanker. A high AoA is not optimal. It should look something like this:

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

:) Welcome to the Flanker. A high AoA is not optimal. It should look something like this:

Textbook landing as usual :thumbup:

Thalvid - take a look at this thread, which also contains some useful tips on landing the Su-27:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190270

Short version: the "must" requirements for a successful landing are a 3 degree glide slope and 5 m/s sink rate (until you flare just before touchdown). Therefore your AOA and approach speed will be dictated by your landing weight. The maximum landing weight in the Su-27 is supposed to be 23,300Kg which in practice means no weapons and only about 10% + emergency reserve fuel. If you're heavier than this your approach speed will be higher in order to keep AOA within acceptable limits. Tail strike will occur at 14 degrees AOA but you shouldn't need to be above 8-10 degrees, again depending on landing weight. On finals aim to be at 280-310 Km/h depending on weight. Heavier = faster. Aim to cross the runway threshold at between these speeds. Gently flare and you should touch down at anything between 240 - 280 Km/h which is too fast for a real Su-27 but OK for a DCS landing.

Edited by DarkFire

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

To amplify a bit on what Darkfire said:

When landing without the ILS, cross the OUTER MARKER BEACON at the height of 200 m and airspeed of 310-320 km/h. Cross the INNER MARKER BEACON at the height of 60 m and airspeed of 290-300 km/h. As you start your round out, you should be down to around 280-290. Touchdown should be at around 260-270 km/h (depending on landing weight of aircraft). If using the ILS, you can follow its height indication, while using the above airspeeds.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.