gazelle air fac

Thumper1911

As AI ? You can't. As player you can use your position on the Nadir and give an offset with direction and range using the laser. But you can't designate with the laser or smokes.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

I am trying to figure out how to setup a gazelle I am flying as an Air fac. Can someone point me in the right direction

Please tell more what you want to do. probably you are talking about setting internally the gazelle to get the cords of the enemy you are targeting. OR maybe you want set a Gazelle as AI in the Mission editor.

IRL you always can give enemy position by approximation, calculating by yourself that position. Using landmark it is easy. If you use the F10 map in GPS mode, that will be easy to know first your position and then the position you want report.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am trying to figure out how to setup a gazelle I am flying as an Air fac. Can someone point me in the right direction

Hey Thumper1911,

The french Gazelle was never equipped with laser designators hence you can not perform AFAC tasks without using any scripts.

The CTLD script however gives you the opportunity to act as an AFAC. You can find more info and the script here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143107

Another nice scripting framework you could use is MOOSE. Certain MOOSE scripts allow you to call in artillery strikes on map markers / coördinates in real time.

You can find more about MOOSE and the framework itself right here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=138043

This might be of interest to you:

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you don't want deal with mod just take the bullseyes and move it close to the combat area in the mission editor. Ones you find the enemy position in Gazelle, give radio reference of that position from the bullseyes with distance and bearing. So is made IRL when you don't get GPS system on board. So change to gunner position and do all calculation easy and quite.

e.g. Artillery group from Bullseyes bearing 160 for 20

as you can see the bullseyes is close enough 20km and that help for better accuracy.

if you are in a Multiplayer server then probably you bullseyes will be too far. then in this case set a map mark in the F10 map and refer the enemy position from this mark then your buddies will see the mark and will calculate easily.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you play on a multiplayer server with a CTLD enabled mission you can play as an AFAC. Use the communication menu to start designating targets for others.

Out of the box the Gazelle can not laser designate for others. The Gazelle does have a laser ranging system though, which might be what confused you. The main purpose of this laser is to show the distance between you and the target so you can make sure the target is within range for the HOT missiles.

If you are really hardcore though you can actually AFAC for others without using any scripts, only using the ranging laser and the NADIR to get the exact coördinates of a target. Here is how to do that:

Polar coordinates entering procedure, to create a new waypoint with azimuth(degrees) and distance(m) from your current position.

Press "POL 0 n"

n, from 1 to 9, is the number of the waypoint you want to store the new point in

If the point n already has coordinates, azimuth(upper line) and distance(bottom line) from your current position are displayed

If then you Press Enter you access edit mode to change azimuth and distance (usual edit procedure with down arrow to swap the edited flashing line) You see the distance and azimuth on your Viviane screen.

After you edited, press Enter again to validate, the new point n will have the azimuth and distance you edited.

You can pass the coördinates on to say an F-18 or A-10 which can use this to either set up a target waypoint, POI or set up their GPS guided bombs.

Edited by Polychop Simulations

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]