Heatblur Forrestal's and Intruders

Callsign

Does anyone have any clue when the USS Forrestal, USS Saratoga, USS Ranger, USS Independence, and the A-6A Intruder, K/A-6D Tanker, and A-6E Intruders are releasing (I need that full Grumman Airwing for the Forrestal and the Flight of the Intruder re-enactment with the Independence! :))?

Probably not before ED finishes the carrier rework and releases their own carrier module

That would make most sense.

Why spend the money developing something that ED will introduce

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

They haven't said anything about them in a long time.

There was some discussion about the Forrestal class back when all the crap about the Nimitz multiplayer restrictions came up (which are no longer a thing). They're still working on it, but that's about all they said. Won't be as full featured as the Nimitz but that's not terrible. Honestly, remember that the F-14 is still in early access and they still have the Viggen campaign to finish (which I believe they are focused on first). So once that's done, we'll see work on the F-14A, Forrestal, and campaign most likely.

They haven't said anything about them in a long time.

That's not completely true. This question came up about a month ago, and the answer from heatblur was basically that once the module launched, development focus was placed on bug squashing. The public release revealed more bugs than the team thought there were at first, and new ones keep popping up because of changes to the base game, so heatblur is still kind of playing catchup and their roadmap's timeline has been pushed back somewhat.

Once they have gotten caught up with bugs and flight model tweaks, focus will shift to other content.

Edited by Sergeant_Hamlet