The HueyPit thread

Frusheen

I've searched and haven't found a dedicated thread for those building Huey cockpits. I know it is still early days in the Beta but with work underway on Helios profiles etc I'd love to see other people's setups for the Huey.

Please use this thread to share pictures, ideas and ask questions about Huey specific home cockpits and controls. Ideas for multi monitor/projector setups, overhead panels and centre consoles welcome.

Please share your setups so others (read 'Frusheen') can get ideas!

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I will be working on some panels and a collective. Although since I fly many different aircraft, those will not be entirely Huey specific. Plus if Occulus Rift comes here, there will be no need for exact panels with displays - so I'm planing minimalistic panels only with function controls, will made those on laser cuter in either Duraluminium or Steel (funny thing, have access to those - cheap, but no acrylic).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

Occulus rift does look interesting. I'd love to see how that resolution looks in the headset. I'm currently using 1280 x 800 with an Optoma GT750 projector and I can't read the gauges or switches in the Huey. Even with trackIR it's still a strain on the eyes :-(

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

A friend of mine has ordered one of the development kits for the Occulus. He should be getting it anytime now so I'm very keen to see how viable this would be for flight simming.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

I'm planning a pit too. got a nice office chair with netting for an armored seat project, an x-fighter joystick (replica b8 grip), and three 17" flat panels for the mip. All i need is tools and time. But as many a young father knows: time and budget are first to fall.

Planning on pilot side and pedestal first, though with expandability in mind.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]