Some skins won't work?

davebert

I am sure it has been asked before (and I read this entire thread), but I need help installing some skins. I have successfully installed 3 skins in my "saved games\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet" folder, but since then I cannot get any others to work installed to the same folder. I can get them to show in the list and when I click to change the skin it will not work. I see the Bort number changed or added to the default skin and that is about it. The skins I try to add to the Liveries folder are in the correct format with the description file and the .dds files. I did read on some of the skins where I downloaded them that you must use WinRar v5 or above (I am using 7-zip) but the problem is the same on the regular zipped files I have tried too. I looked at the lua files in NP++ but they seem similar to the ones that do work. What am I missing?? :helpsmilie:

Thanks,

DB

edit: I figured it out. I went back to go try again and started the game again and then the other skins worked. So I guess the whole game has to be restarted for new OVGME mods to work, not just exiting the mission, but a whole restart of the game. :doh:

Edited by davebert

Well I didnt... My \saved games\dcs\mods folder is not empty. I had a nice skin that I have used for years in the huey and now its just gone. Of course, I have a copy of it, but where now do I put it in?

Hawg,

If you do not have a Liveries folder in your saved games folder, then create one with the following folders inside if it like so:

Liveries\uh-1h\"name of mod"\"mod files"

Or let me know the name of the mod and I will download it and create you the correct path.

DB

• 1 month later...

Missing Damage Model Entries

Ok, So it seems as though I was able to get the paint to show up in the list, but when I selected it, it dropped back to the default paint. So I opened my Description.Lua File and everything looked ok, at least I thought. This paint used to work fine, but now, nothing.

I opened some description.lua files from working paints. The only difference between those files and my Description.lua file was that they had entries for the damage module, where I did not. So I added the entries pointing the damage modules to the same paint and the problem was resolved.

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]