VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I wrote a simple piece of VA code that I run on a seperate profile appended to Vaicom, it allows you to tune the TACAN in the pilot's pit separately.

Rocket science it's not!! It works well if a bit slow but it's a good backup if Jester decides he doesn't can't be bothered.

I have to call the command using VORTAC as opposed to TACAN as Vaicom takes charge if I use the word TACAN

It also involves a reset at the begining to synch the TACAN channel in game to the Voice Attack (I'm no Hollywood)

If anybody wanted it I could post it up

That’s great! Ok I’d like a copy, thanks.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Tacan Tune [xray-yankee] [first number, usually zero] [second number 1-9, usually] [third number 0-9, usally] I always forgot about the first number and could rarely get it to catch without it.

IE tacan tune x-ray 038 = 38x

Thank you so much! This has allowed me to identify an underlying audio problem I would never have otherwise detected. Thanks again:)

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Sure guy's let me extract it from my VA command set and I'll either post it up directly here or as a link to DropBox

Suggest you pop onto YouTube and watch in full screen if your interested to see the TACAN Channels

Profile is in a zipped DropBox file here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evfs1q3r20my7iu/DCS%20F-14%20TACAN-Profile.zip?dl=0

Hope somebody gets some use out of it

Apologies to Hollywood for the HiJack :smilewink:

Edited by Weegie

@Hollywood_315

I bought the chatter themes, but pressing LCtrl+LAlt+C (keyboard inputs are enabled)

just won't bring up the plugin configuration window, so there's no way to activate it.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Edited by RabidRider

Hi @Hollywood_315

Will the F10 Import Menu option automatically add the new ATC commands, which will come as part of ED's carrier module or will your profile need to be changed?

From Wags' recent video, https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3951507&postcount=162, it looks like there will be a new set of improved ATC commands for peeps that buy the module and that everyone else will be able to carry on using the current comms.

AIRIO has a few bugs I found today.

1) He incorrectly sets the lats/longs for waypoints from the F10 map.

I put down two waypoints on the F10 map and asked him to set one to surface target and the other to the ingress point.

Here's a couple screenshots, the first showing my points on the map and the second showing the actual points Jester set on the TID (with north pointing up to match the map orientation).

2n3PHm7.png

h4UpHp0.png

2) Jester incorrectly selects the stores you ask for.

I asked for Mk-20s, which were on stations 4 and 5, and he selected Mk-82s on stations 3 and 6. I had to manually request stations 4 and 5 to get him to select those stations.

Another drawback of AIRIO is you can't say "Radio Tune [stennis]" as an example, similar to how you can for TACAN or LINK HOST.

In the default Jester options wheel, you can select Radio Tac frequencies that are displayed based on proximity, but for AIRIO radio tuning, you have to manually request the frequency all the time, which is annoying.

I'm disabling AIRIO until some of these can get fixed. Not being able to correctly place a map placed waypoint into my Tomcat's navigational computer makes that feature useless.

no reply when using viacom pro

Hello,

I have a stupid problem ,hopefully with an easy solution...

I use Viacom pro and it works fine ;when I speak commands to my wingmen they perform the things I ask but I never get reply's like copy or any other reply's .

The same for tanker,ATC etc...

I have this with all airplanes.So it is not related to a specific plane.

I have the same problem when I manually use the \ button and select the commands with the F-keys.

BUT If I start DCS without viacompro active I don't have this problem. I can use \ wuth the Fkeys and I get reply's .

So probably a setting in Viacompro but I cannot find what it can be .

I used easycom on and off without solution.

Anyone had this same problem ?

Hello,

I use Viacom pro and it works fine ;when I speak commands to my wingmen they perform the things I ask but I never get reply's like copy or any other reply's .

I have the same problem when I manually use the \ button and select the commands with the F-keys.

BUT If I start DCS without viacompro active I don't have this problem. I can use \ wuth the Fkeys and I get reply's .

I also have this problem.

All I get, is the ext replies from other AI. I get ‘my’ voice, and Jester’s voice easy enough, but ATC, wingmen, tanker, etc, it’s just text.

Run DCS without it enabled, and I get all sounds.

I’m somewhat at a loss as to what to do.

Is the developer not following this thread anymore? This appears to be the only place to get "live" support help for VAICOM and its plugins, and issues I've posted over the last 5 days have all been completely ignored.

Not really the customer support experience I was expecting. Largely disappointed so far in this entire product.

When Vaicom Pro training mode for Microsoft Speech Engine is used does VP and VA interarct with Microsoft Speech engine so that it helps it to identify/recognise your speech better? Or is training mode purpose to modify your own speech so that software recognises your speech based on information what you see in Voice Attack window regarding identified word and confidence level?

I am not 100% after reading section from manual few times how training mode really functions.

I have spend some tens of minutes in training mode and i like to think that some keywords are identified better or higher confidence level than when i started training sessions.

Is the developer not following this thread anymore? This appears to be the only place to get "live" support help for VAICOM and its plugins, and issues I've posted over the last 5 days have all been completely ignored.

Not really the customer support experience I was expecting. Largely disappointed so far in this entire product.

Hollywood is normally pretty good - maybe he is on holiday....

Can also try using the support route on the Vaicom website

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hello,

A further update for you.

I removed Voice Attack, and all plugins from the computer, utterly deleted everything. Then I downloaded everything fresh, installed it all and did the setup, and now I have both Jester's voice, AND all other units voices.

Bizarre...

Hi, anyone seen this before, Viacom pro user. while updating the keyword database i get a window that pops up saying "Command spoken phrase already used" after i delete/paste newer keywords into When I say area. The window pops up when I select OK to close the edit command window.

The command phase that its hung on is "check". I reset keywords and Lua code with no change in the result.

Edited by Shepherd

VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

I’m having a problem where I can’t change the airport that I’m talking to. This is with Easy Comms Off.

I’ve tried both Instant Switch, and using the “(Airport) Switch.” commands and none seem to be working. The only reply I get is from the airfield I started from, this happens even after I changed the radio frequency to the second airport.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz // Nvidia GTX 1080Ti // 32 GB DDR4 RAM // 1 TB SSD

Hi all

Back online after summer break - will check on latest updates and get back to some of your questions, either here or via PM.

Cheers

Hollywood

:thumbup:

Welcome back, hope you had a great time!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi all

Back online after summer break - will check on latest updates and get back to some of your questions, either here or via PM.

Cheers

Hollywood

Welcome back, sir.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Thanks guys, some stuff in random order:

@capthaltli TX tab, Auto Brief setting

@D3adCy11nd3r Check your log and if it's a recognition issue try adding phrase 'Radio Tune' to Windows speech dictionary manually.

@Rymy Both you and the Recognition Engine improve with more training.

@Halcyon ad 1) The plugin doesn't set the coordinates directly so this appears more like a problem inside the F-14 module itself. Can you test the same scenario with the menu wheel.

Ad 2) Make sure to use correct command phrasing i.e. 'Rockeyes' for Mk-20s.

Ad 3) To tune Stennis say 'Stennis,.. Select' (have Select Tunes Radio setting on).

@Weegie Thanks no worries mate.

@kaltokri Not reproducible, Air Supply commands working fine here during testing.

PErhaps check if it's mission specific

@hornblower793 Indeed, holiday :) Thanks

@Greyman The new carrier commands are WIP, they will be an extension that can be activated (EX tab already has dummy tickbox). It will work directly i.e. not involving any F10 menu import.

@Shepherd Cause not clear. Make sure commands are consolidated and field is cleared (Ctrl-A, Delete) before Ctrl-V Paste.

@tmansteve That mod is not in the supported modules list. In any case the plugin doesn't send keystrokes (like F2 for external view) at all.

@johand @EvoMayhem Check/toggle Redirect status in Audio tab.

@Darkmage 'Switch' is not a command, use 'Select' instead. With easy comms off optionally enable the Select Tunes Radio setting.

Hope it helps, grtz

:joystick:

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks @Hollywood_315 and I hope you had a good break

The F14 module and the AIRIO extension will be my next purchase, so that is good to know. I take it that the improved ATC comms extension will be useable for all carrier-based modules, the F18 and F14 for example?

Hi Hollywood, getting my feet wet with Viacom Pro and loving it. Finally getting the hang of it.

2 quick questions if I may, when I start Voice Attack, I keep getting prompted to download the Rio hotfix something.1.1. I must have downloaded it like 10 times. Maybe it’s not taking? Not a tremendous big deal because I’m not currently flying the Tomcat but would be nice not to keep getting the prompt if possible.

2...I recently lost the ability to play the chatter through my headphones. It plays fine through my speakers though. I have my setup going through Voicemeter banana so it can play through my stereo, run my buttkicker for simshaker and also wanted to have it run through my headphones. It used to work fine. I now can’t get it to play through my headphones no matter what I set the output device to in the Viacom config window. I know ideally I should set that to my headphones but when I do I don’t get the static to recognize my PTT input. When I set it to Voicemeter banana though I can get the acknowledgement from the PTT. Either way though the chatter only plays through the speakers and obviously can’t enjoy it with my headphones on. Any thoughts were I might be going wrong?

Thanks for the amazing program and contribution to the sim!

Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules