Radio compass indicator bug?

nessuno0505

If I keep the compass slaving switch on MAG (slaved gyro mode), the radio compass indicator and the magnetic compass should be synchronized as long as I keep the synchronizing knob in the center (null) annunciator position. Well, so why this is not what happens? Why if I keep the annunciator on null, the radio compass indicator is nearly 180° reversed compared to the magnetic compass? Tested twice in NTTR map. Where am I wrong? Is this (if so very relevant!) a bug? 2.5 last openbeta.

Keep turning the synchronizer knob until "nulls" again. The compass indicator will correct by 180 degrees.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Prego

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 11 months later...
Just guessing, maybe dcs has inproved and takes range and terrain masking into account when or when not receiving an adf signal.

In fact, there are many reasons.

besides the line of sight, there is the strength of the signal and the flight altitude that effects the NAV Radios.

And of course, there may be some signal bugged as well.

But in general, it should work fine. :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

Hello! Tell me please, why does radio navigation in Huey work now and then?

There was a general DCS bug earlier in the year were, if you tuned another radio i.e. to contact ATC, it would disrupt the one you were listening to i.e. ADF.

It effected a number of modules (Mi-8, MiG-15) including the UH-1H.

Please post a track showing the bug, if you'd like detailed help.

Note: I haven't tested in 2.5.5.x to see if it's still present.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

here

Thanks - looks like a DCS bug.

Although Anapa (215 kHz) is a long way (299°M / 490 km) from Senaki, you have a good signal on the meter but no audio or ADF needle.

Taking control of your track after you cancelled the low rpm warning - turning the ADF mode OFF (or to ANT) and back to ADF and/or then fine tuning the frequency (so the signal meter needle drops and returns) brings back the NDB audio and the ADF needle points to ~299°M as it should.

Re-saving the mission / stripping out the track data,

I get intermittent results, I suspect the signal is supposed to be blocked by LOS (it disappears if I fly towards Anapa) but it shows on the signal strength meter and the ADF needle sometimes 'pulses' (swings 90°) like the Mi-8's as if it's tracking a weak signal, the Huey's ADF is behaving differently to how I remember it in previous versions, but I'm not sure if I ever deliberately tried to tune into a distant/blocked NDB before.

Closing DCS between missions, sometimes Anapa has a strong signal and the ADF works, other times it doesn't ?

Close NDB's (less than 176 km) worked as normal, either having a good signal or a blocked LOS/no signal

YMMV.

Tested DCS Open Beta 2.5.5.33184

Edited by Ramsay
Getting inconsistent results

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hello! Please tell me how in the Huey to use the radio station?

Select the radio you want to transmit on i.e. 2 - for the UHF Radio

C-1611/ARC SIGNAL DISTRIBUTION PANEL - Selects which radio the microphone transmits on.

1 - VHF FM Radio (30.00-75.95 MHz)

2 - UHF Radio

3 - VHF Radio

And turn ON and tune your selected radio i.e. for Senaki ATC on 261 MHz UHF

UHF Radio to T/R

Frequency to 261 MHz

Mic button [RAlt+/]

yH2F0IA.jpg

Check out page 80 of Chuck's UH-1H Huey Guide for more detail.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2402918#post2402918

I'm not sure how 'Easy Coms' changes things, common mistakes are not setting the right radio for the mic to transmit on or using the wrong keybind for the mic switch.

Edited by Ramsay