Doing Some CAS In Su-25T

FlankerMan

It is still the most capable aircraft for CAS and SEAD there is. Even the Hornet is behind it, but considering that Hornet is still as well fighter, you can fight your way in as required.

But the Hornet can't take the beating, can't slow down, but again is superior at the any weather operations because coming ground radar and proper targeting pods.

Yet when it comes to supporting, it is done couple kilometers from the troops and enemy, not from 30 kilometers off them. So you are going to fly low, you are going to poke the hornet nests and you are going to survive from those with Su-25T.

It is even today so funny how carrying 16 Vikhr missiles is such a pleasure, you have possibilities to engage anything anywhere really.

But the Su-25T is badly limited by its FC3 status, and I am just dreaming that we would see a full fidelity module one day from some other party, with all the advanced features it should have like automatic Skhval activation and targeting, target scanning, laser spotter, Shkval position memory etc etc.

And even more I would be waiting to see ground AI get intelligence and automatically know to radio you their request for support, signal their location via flares and smoke and ask you to strike the enemy....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I too recently discovered the Su-25T. I love this aircraft. One of the best in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/gWjK5kVzrMM

Enjoyed the video. :) Especially the landing.

And, as you’ve probably figured out by now ascent/descent rates in the Russian birds is meters/sec.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thanks Ironhand. I cannot believe I flew DCS for months before ever looking at the Su-25.

I still enjoy flying the -25T immensely. And, it is hard to believe that it's free. :)

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 3 weeks later...

Feel the same.

Su25 is my go-to ground attack aircraft.

It can get slow for proper target acquisition or fast in high threat environment. And it got weapons for everything really.

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A

Guys, does anyone have links to realife SU-25T videos? Search via Google only shows DCS-Videos...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Thanks, pal. It´s all about SU-25, unfortunatly no T-Model... Hoped to see the Shkval live in action... ;-)

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

...Hoped to see the Shkval live in action... ;-)

Taking out an aircraft with a Vikhr is especially fun to see for real...

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Thanks, at least a few short views on the real thing... :-)

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

There are no real T's anymore so you won't find much video.

It was a prototype step. They made less than 10 of them.

I think most of the surviving airframes were further modified into TM's, which there are not many of either. I don't think the 39 redesignation lasted very long.

I'm not an expert, but it appears the more current modernization efforts have focused on the Kopyo radar instead of Shkval.

The original airframes date back to Soviet Georgia. They used 2 seat trainers by enclosing the back seat for the hardware.

They are making a limited number of new airframes again in Siberia. I think they are all 2 seater now. You can tell it's a new one by the little bear painted on the tail.

Edited by Paganus