[NO BUG AND WILL NOT CHANGE] MiG-29 HUD shows up on MFD

otester

Yes and it may also be that the Su-27 was expected to venture into enemy airspace to gain air dominance and therefore needed extended onboard equipment features to help the pilot build "SA" independantly of ground support.

JJ

• 8 months later...

Mig 29s

I haven't played since the update with the new cockpit and a lot of other new updates, last time I played the new F-15 and SU27 flight models came out.

Anyways, what happen to the navigation setup in the mig 29? It use to show your direct route in the little screen in the cockpit. (reason why I loved russian jets they were so easy to nav with lol)

So was this just not realistic or what? I really miss my direct line navigation!!!!

The new cockpit is stupid awesome though and we just need a new plane model and flight model for it and I can die a happy man.

After searching for a picture I also just realized the radar cone in the mini display is gone as well? It just displays whatever is on the hud? Is this just a bug?

maxresdefault.jpg

;2242652']Yes, at least, yes if I understand your question correctly.

The Mig29 has a HUD repeater now as you have found out.. however, you can turn this off and display the datalink / radar.

The button to turn it off is NOT set by default, you must go into your Single Player Options - Select Mig29 - Scroll down and find MFD HUD Repeater - set a button for it... and your off!

Hope this helps

S!

And I hope to god this is still in the options cause I dearly need this. And it is not.

Edited by grimm862

I wonder what possessed the boys at MiG to design the HDD that way? Unless the HUD is prone to failure, it's almost completely useless...

F-16A was nothing to brag about either regarding systems.

Still early days.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Actually did some searching and realize this isn't how the real mig is but there may be a way to get it back to the old version. I will give it a shot. Sorry for the wasted megabytes.

If you find out how to get it back, let us know cause I also dearly miss the navigation screen with the airports in HHD. Was much easier to select a landing waypoint than it is now.

I wonder what possessed the boys at MiG to design the HDD that way? Unless the HUD is prone to failure, it's almost completely useless...

My guess it's prone to washing out.