Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

FW 190 AI

Fifi

Hi,

Just a quick one:

- Is there a way to give FW AI an other skill level than ace?

(using ME, and settings on medium level, it doesn't make any change in game, still flying like an uber ace, even when damaged)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are subtle changes with each of the skill levels you can choose in the ME. All of them are able to fly pretty well and shoot very accurately. My advice... Try not to ever let them behind you. If you need to lose the AI pull tight slow turns till he breaks off then work on gaining back energy. They love the diving attack... Be aware of that and keep eyes on him.

If you want simple gunnery practice try changing the AI planes to CAS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Thanks Merlin for reply.

In fact wasn't really complaining about AI behavior, even though it looked like :)

But was interested in some file to tweak/adjust in DCS folder, so the AI could react more like a human...with more weakness some time...

And a novice pilot would never fly like the one we actually have! lol

I'm quite sure the AI don't have same physics and plane behavior as our. It's just impossible of what i saw!

Edited by Fifi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm quite sure the AI don't have same physics and plane behavior as our. It's just impossible of what i saw!

They have a flight model at about the same level of fidelity as the Su-27 currently does. There are some differences during stalls / edge of the envelope flying, but the principal difference is that they don't make mistakes when they're flying close to the edge.

Cheers.

the principal difference is that they don't make mistakes when they're flying close to the edge.

You bet! When trying to follow them, it even seems they are sometime trying to push me at fault!...and it works :megalol:

Nevertheless, in the waiting of DCS WW2 AIs, i'd like to see them making some mistakes too.

Definitely no way of tweaking files?

Edited by Fifi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You bet! When trying to follow them, it even seems they are sometime trying to push me at fault!...and it works :megalol:

Nevertheless, in the waiting of DCS WW2 AIs, i'd like to see them making some mistakes too.

Definitely no way of tweaking files?

The AI in Merlin's "Dogs of War" definitely make mistakes.

I like following them, them rope-a-doping me. AI will stall out at top of their arc and I can sometimes hit them just as I am stalling out. I use both sights simultaneously on. I tend to prefer the solid sight and allow for a guess-ta-mate lead.

Other thing I like to do is dive for the ground after a stall and wait almost to the point of not enough room to recover. I have forced the AI into the ground a few times.

Other thing I like to do is dogfight the AI in the hills by hopefully they will follow me. Sometimes the AI will not follow me and they head back out over open water.

Tonight I hope it was AI I was fighting and I eventually killed, but my tally sheet said it was friendly. Well, you fire at me, you are enemy! The guy I was trailing was pretty good. That has been the best P-51 dogfight, for me, to date. And there was another guy with him killing my GVs on the base. As I was taking off, this guy fired on me, before I took off. It is a bit lame me flying around my side's airport using the GVs for protection, but these 2 guys jumped me!

I use curves and deadzone in axis tune, all 3 axis. I find I have less tendency to snap stall.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...in last two days I try something different for change...as AI Fw190 become inferior to me I change it with AI Bf-109 skill level excelent...and for two days I'm trying to shoot down that AI pilot (think that Hartman himself is in the cockpit!?) but no luck...only 2-3 victory for me in very suspicious fight (using F5 view)...

[sIGPIC]D:\avioni\razno\potpis 1 orao.jpg[/sIGPIC]

The AI in Merlin's "Dogs of War" definitely make mistakes.

I like following them, them rope-a-doping me. AI will stall out at top of their arc and I can sometimes hit them just as I am stalling out. I use both sights simultaneously on. I tend to prefer the solid sight and allow for a guess-ta-mate lead.

Other thing I like to do is dive for the ground after a stall and wait almost to the point of not enough room to recover. I have forced the AI into the ground a few times.

Other thing I like to do is dogfight the AI in the hills by hopefully they will follow me. Sometimes the AI will not follow me and they head back out over open water.

Tonight I hope it was AI I was fighting and I eventually killed, but my tally sheet said it was friendly. Well, you fire at me, you are enemy! The guy I was trailing was pretty good. That has been the best P-51 dogfight, for me, to date. And there was another guy with him killing my GVs on the base. As I was taking off, this guy fired on me, before I took off. It is a bit lame me flying around my side's airport using the GVs for protection, but these 2 guys jumped me!

I use curves and deadzone in axis tune, all 3 axis. I find I have less tendency to snap stall.

Most of the AI 190s flying on my server are set to Average. They are mostly there to give people something to do if there are not many human opponents. I'm not sure about "mistakes" but as with the AI in general you can force them to work at the fringe of their routine which takes away most of their advantages. They can't stand a slow turning fight but I wouldn't recommend that, except as a last resort, as it sets you up as an easy target for others. You can, with practice, get the the AI to climb to near stall, like DieHard said and that is usually the easiest kill as they are almost stationary. The only trick is that you need plenty of energy to meet them at that point. Come on by and try it out!

DieHard, I noticed this morning that the server crashed during a pretty good session. Sorry about that, I saw about 10 people logged in.

Edited by Merlin-27

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Come on by and try it out!

That's not really the problem.

Now each dogfight i manage to get the FW... without blowing my engine :)

Took some practice of course, but i love it.

I'm at the point i'll try to see what happens when increasing AI skill...

But my request was for to see the AI changing flight manoeuvres essentially.

I still believe a novice or fresh German pilot would never fly like the way our average AI flies...

At least not on the edge all time. Not even sure an average pilot could fly like what i see...but maybe i'm wrong?

Many files can be adjusted in DCS, so was wondering if any .lua or else was existing for AIs :smilewink:

without fear of losing his engine to oil starvation

Don't know about the FW, but for Mustang and taking into our flight manual account, we have around 10 seconds flying inverted oil starvation free.

Edited by Fifi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]