Cold start at a grass field

=Mac=

After a few hours placing vehicles and buildings around, I finally came up with a sort of grass field for the P-51 to land and take off from. But I can't get a plane to spawn or start there. The P-51 has no way in the mission editor to have a zero speed and altitude at the beginning of a mission.

Y'all see what I'm trying to do?

Suggestions?

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I've dealt with the same idea, Mac, and the only way I was able to deal with it was to make my new airbase close by to an existing one within DCS. Then make the short flight from the hard coded base to the newly built one, land, but not shut down the engine and then take off again.

I found that if I shut off the engine, it would not always start back up again but maybe that was just a flaw in my landing or taxiing.

I've never shut the engine down before and then tried to restart it. I'll have to check it out. I like your idea, Deacon!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...