Moltar's Mod Pack

Sorry for the delay in fixing this issue with the download links. All should be working now. If you use OVGME you will need to update to the new repo link below.

http://69.195.131.50/downloads/Release/moltars_mod_na.xml

Excellent contribution, is there anyway to lower the in cockpit engine sounds so I can hear the switches? Many thanks. I dont want to change the mod I would like to be able to hear the switches clearly, any advice?

Edited by Dav IRL

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Shouldn't that be a matter of turning down your "World" volume slider? Or turning up your "Cockpit" volume slider? The below are cut from the user manual:

WORLD. The volume of audio sources outside of the cockpit.

IN COCKPIT. This slider controls the volume levels of audio sources inside your

cockpit. Examples include switches and fans.

Hope this answers your question :)

Shouldn't that be a matter of turning down your "World" volume slider? Or turning up your "Cockpit" volume slider? The below are cut from the user manual:

WORLD. The volume of audio sources outside of the cockpit.

IN COCKPIT. This slider controls the volume levels of audio sources inside your

cockpit. Examples include switches and fans.

Hope this answers your question :)

Unfortunately not, the world slider controls the external sounds when in external view. In general I would like loud buttons in all the cockpits. I’m going off topic I was just thinking that experienced modders might have a solution.

Are you guys having an issue with click sounds not being high enough in all modules? There are sound files that can be turned up to make them louder. I would just have to find them.

I found out.

Each .ogg or .wav is an audio file and that audio file has a '.sdef' file which can be edited in notepad ++. The .sdef tell DCS how loud that audio file is going to be when triggered in game.

The '.sdef' files have a 'gain' parameter, if you want louder switches or louder effects you need to go into each '.sdef' file and change the gain to ''gain = 6.00'' or whatever you feel is better.

So you can you can customize your gear to be way louder when retracted or whatever sound you like, for me I edit the switches mainly.

The .sdef files are under 'sound' (generic sounds for all aircraft). Aircrafts unique sound files like the hornet and the f5e have their .sdef in the 'mods' folder in order to seperate the generic and custom built sounds for each aircraft.

The audio files are in two different places, either under 'sound' or under 'mods'. Same with the .sdef files that corollate to the audio files.

So essentially .sdef are linked to .wav and gain in the .sdef files controls output of the sound in game.

Edited by Dav IRL

is it just me but I cannot query the repo... http://69.195.131.50/downloads/Relea...ars_mod_na.xml

anyone else having this problem ?

cant ping the ip address either

Hmm... I don’t have any problem hitting the IP or the XML file. Your link looked broken though. Try this one.

Missing large parts of many of the mods included?

Speaking specifically of the M2000C mods.

The general HUD rework mod by MYSE1234 only has around half of the reworked HUD's included in the pack compared to what is actually included in the standalone mod.

In addition to this the "M-2000C HUD huge rework" mod doesn't seem to be included at all? Even though it says so in the included mods, was really excited for that one.

Any chance of this being addressed soon?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to report a bug again, the same i had report here few months ago. Make a test yourselves, pick f-18 then speed it up, press f3 and see whats happens... theres a annoying whistles bug that isnt normal... and thats isnt normal cause if you install the ECHO f-18 sound standlone, its don't happens... theres a file inside the mod that is modifing the incoming sound of the fighters that bug the incoming whistle of the f-18... anyway, thats the unique thing that makes don't use this mod, cause the rest of it is amazing... i just i'd like see it fixed cause I just fly f-18c.. thanks very much

I've record the bug

Edited by Tuniorez

Speaking specifically of the M2000C mods.

The general HUD rework mod by MYSE1234 only has around half of the reworked HUD's included in the pack compared to what is actually included in the standalone mod.

In addition to this the "M-2000C HUD huge rework" mod doesn't seem to be included at all? Even though it says so in the included mods, was really excited for that one.

Any chance of this being addressed soon?

Parts of that mod got pulled because it wasn't passing IC. If you don't mind downloading the mod and testing the IC Id be happy to readd it if it passes.

I'd like to report a bug again, the same i had report here few months ago. Make a test yourselves, pick f-18 then speed it up, press f3 and see whats happens... theres a annoying whistles bug that isnt normal... and thats isnt normal cause if you install the ECHO f-18 sound standlone, its don't happens... theres a file inside the mod that is modifing the incoming sound of the fighters that bug the incoming whistle of the f-18... anyway, thats the unique thing that makes don't use this mod, cause the rest of it is amazing... i just i'd like see it fixed cause I just fly f-18c.. thanks very much

I've record the bug

Strange. I thought I was using his latest version. Ill add the newest version in. Expect this issue to be fixed in the next version.

At current stage, the mods pass IC?

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

New version of several parts of the mod pack just went live. New additions include the Unofficial Rough Mets from 104th_Fallen, updated terrain textures from Mustange, FA-18C Sound Mod from WatermanPC, High Definition FA-18C DDI from Rackham, the addition of Ultra Shadows in the DCS options thanks to Clorydric, and an updated FC3 soundscape.

All new additions are available manually or from OVGME. Let me know if you have any issues downloading. I seem to always mess something up server side that breaks the downloads :).

It may be on my end obviously, but for what it's worth the manual download times out for me, for all four parts.:c

"took too long to respond"

Tried with various browsers, Windows Defender, no firewall.

Firefox managed to get the download window open before it fails, but that's the best I can do.

/edit

And the same also happens with OVGME.

Unless EU IPs are blocked? I did try with the NA mirror from the OP after all.

Edited by Wellenbrecher

Can't Download or ping 69.195.131.50

Hmm... I don’t have any problem hitting the IP or the XML file. Your link looked broken though. Try this one.

:cry:Unfortunately I can not download, same problem for me in 22july2019, i try ping on:

ping.eu

--- 69.195.131.50 ping statistics ---

packets transmitted 9 received 0 packet loss 100 % time 8330 ms

ipaddressguide

PING 69.195.131.50 (69.195.131.50) 56(84) bytes of data. --- 69.195.131.50 ping statistics --- 3 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2044ms

:helpsmilie:plz!

Update on why you guys are seeing what you're seeing. The host server has been taken down for the time being. Im in the process of moving the server to an EU host so that its more world wide accessible for DCS. Ill be sure to let everyone know when the server comes back up!

Update on why you guys are seeing what you're seeing. The host server has been taken down for the time being. Im in the process of moving the server to an EU host so that its more world wide accessible for DCS. Ill be sure to let everyone know when the server comes back up!

I recently started at DCS, and your package looks fantastic, congratulations for the collaboration.

If anyone has how to share on google drive would be awesome. Gdrive has a download quota, but the user can make a copy of the files for his own Gdrive and quietly download that the quota will not cause problems.

Thank you all.

I recently started at DCS, and your package looks fantastic, congratulations for the collaboration.

If anyone has how to share on google drive would be awesome. Gdrive has a download quota, but the user can make a copy of the files for his own Gdrive and quietly download that the quota will not cause problems.

Thank you all.

Everything should be back up. If youre looking to use the OVGME repo download functionality make sure you check out the OP for an updated IP address.