This all for Viper updates? - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #61
Sarge55

The ones that now realize they can't handle the beta issues... of which there seems to be a few.

i7 3770K OC 4.4GHZ / H100 Cooler / 120GB & 240GB SSD's & 1TB HDD / ASUS Sabertooth MB / GTX 980 / 16GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog
Sarge55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #62
Arctander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonty View Post
Proposal to all those for whom development is not fast enough. Uninstall the Viper and only reload it when it is stable. In the meantime just pretend it hasn't been released and please be happy if it's stable with more features.
Apart from that doesn't work in Multiplayer as you are *impacted* by the Viper which on launch had no damage model and no IFF.

That is then down to each server owner to resist the begging of people who want it now and damn anyone else (thankfully I think they all resisted until those were in!) but note that the countermeasures won't rearm in MP - they need to reslot and start up EACH TIME. And if it's a night mission? good luck.

Equally - it has impacted the Hornet with a slow down of development. It really should have stayed in the oven and come out later, or be in a closed alpha instead of open beta.
Arctander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:33 PM   #63
SmoglessPanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonty View Post
Dear DCS developers,

The large (silent) majority is just happy and proud of what you do for us every day!
+1
SmoglessPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #64
unknown

I can't hear it anymore, all this whining! And the last position is always "...but i'm affacted by the F-16 in MP(damage model...) even if i don't use it..." blah blah blah.

THAT is not the problem of ED! Use the stable version and server that use the stable version or if it must be BETA then complain to the operator/mission creator of your every day MP server that this guy should remove the F-16 from the server/mission -> YOUR problem solved!

But there are people enjoying it/who want to test and find bugs in SP AND MP "...countermeasures won't rearm..."

All you do is literally complaining about that you yourself are not able to use the software branches like they are intended to and blaming the DEV for your own incapability! That is crazy if you think about it!

Have fun roasting me

Maps: Caucasus, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

System: Win 10 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti XE ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA

MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - Oculus Rift S
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:20 PM   #65
Arctander

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
I can't hear it anymore, all this whining!
Then you are more than welcome to not listen, just as you advise us to not use OB.

Quote:
And the last position is always "...but i'm affacted by the F-16 in MP(damage model...) even if i don't use it..." blah blah blah.

THAT is not the problem of ED!
fundamentally- yes it is. They launched it without a damage model. That doesn't just impact MP by the way - it also impacts your use of it in SP.

Quote:
Use the stable version and server that use the stable version or if it must be BETA then complain to the operator/mission creator of your every day MP server that this guy should remove the F-16 from the server/mission -> YOUR problem solved!
Thankfully - most of the decent MP servers did prevent it while it had no Damage model, but IIRC they allowed it once it had one, but before the IFF was provided.

Quote:
All you do is literally complaining about that you yourself are not able to use the software branches like they are intended to and blaming the DEV for your own incapability! That is crazy if you think about it!

Have fun roasting me
I am well within my rights as a customer to point out issues with the model that ED use for their development when it combines with the status at release of models to have an impact on my ability to enjoy their product. There are ways they could ameliorate this (either through closed testing, or releasing later, better developed) but at this point they have chosen not to, as is their right, but I should not be expected to be silent about the impacts it has. No roasting required - I can remain polite.
Arctander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:23 PM   #66
BuzzU

You are and there's a forum to do that.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:16 AM   #67
pimp

Unfortunately, I can't check at this time, but can anyone confirm if the tgp and the hud TD box sync issue has been fixed? It's already been reported, but they closed the thread. Thanks!
Old 11-09-2019, 06:34 AM   #68
MadMonty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctander View Post
I am well within my rights as a customer to point out issues with the model that ED use for their development when it combines with the status at release of models to have an impact on my ability to enjoy their product.
A wise man once told me that people who have nothing else in their lives are at least right and that is why it is so important to them to always be right. I very much hope for your sake that he is wrong.

If we had, as for example with the purchase of a car, the selection from dozens offerers, then I could understand you still a little bit (even if I would express myself nevertheless differently).

But here we have enthusiasts sitting who provide us with the only reasonable hardcore flight simulation and manage to constantly supply us with wonderful new aircraft over the last years. And take a look back at how many of them really look excellent today. So I'm thinking twice about demotivating the developers with my choice of words because they seem to do so much wrong, or I'll give them some praise to show that their work is valued.

@Arctander - You are in the right and I don't want to take it away from you. If I read your other posts (e.g. Hornet), a common thread of detailed complaints against ED runs through your posts. It would be a great sign from you, if you would announce here and now what you like about ED and DCS. There is certainly a developer who on Monday will be all the more pleased to make the solution to your / our problems ....

Thermaltake Core V1 | MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon | Intel I7700K | EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC | 32 GB RAM DDR4-3000 | Corsair H90 | 250 & 500 GB Samsung Evo850 SSD | WIN 10 64bit Pro | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Oculus Rift S
MadMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:08 AM   #69
zhukov032186

I think this accurately depicts the peopke whining about ''their experience''.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:12 AM   #70
lee1hy

pls add specular map
lee1hy is offline   Reply With Quote